Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    When Subject A (cop) discharges weapon in self defense against subject B (boyfriend) but ends up killing subject C (Breonna Taylor) - that is an illegal act of killing.

These laws are here for a reason. You cannot blindly and recklessly discharge a firearm (over 30 times). What if there were children in this house? A grandmother? A young woman sleeping in her bed? - thats why its reckless and thats why its criminal.

The officer was not charged with anything in regards to Breonna Taylor.
    sounds like recklessness could have been a valid charge. did they say why this was not done?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Charging them with what any private citizen would have been charged with in that situation. 2nd Degree Murder

They were literally charged with NOTHING relating to Breonna Taylor
    So you're confident that if they were charged as yo indicate, everyone would be fine and there would be no rioting.

Well, we'll never know, but I'd be willing to bet there would have been some other reason for the locals to go nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    There is no good reason for Breonna Taylor being dead right now.

You want to slice and dice what the police say versus her b/f, go for it.

She, and dozens of other people, should not be dead. Everything else is just noise.
    It seems that with all these cases lately, all the deaths and the ensuing riots could have been avoided by a change of police tactics and that that change of police tactics would not have endangered the public.

Breona Taylor……why not just have a dozen police surround the place in daylight. Bull horns, SWAT vehicles, Armor. Make it look good for the press and then wait the guy out (if you are in the right place that is). Why smash down the door at midnight???

George Floyd……the guy was handcuffed. Just leave him alone and let him scream and yell until he calms down. Just leave him alone on the ground until 3-4 cops could pick up safely and put hime in a wagon.

The guy at Wendy's in Atlanta……just let him run off. Chase him if you can and subdue. If not, his car is there. Pick him up later. No need to shoot.

The guy shot 7 times in the back……seems like once would have been enough and maybe even that was unnecessary. Why not retreat behind your pratrol car and see what this guy comes up with. There were multiple police there and this should not have been a problem.

Arbry in GA……probably nothing would have worked here. Two idiot citizens with guns. Bad combo. See Trayvon.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I listened to it. Police officers are supposedly trained in de-escalation. Responding to 1 gun shot with a total of 32 gun shots isn’t de-escalation, it’s execution.
    Fully agreed....I don't even know, by their story, how they could even get off that many shots while all supposedly 'in the doorway' ...and why it's 'normal' to go right into rapid fire.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Am a terrible person for agreeing with the decision? Obviously a very sad story and I feel awful that BT’s family and friends lost her. And I don’t blame her BF at all for firing on people coming into his house. But I don’t blame the cops at all for firing back. It’s just awful that she had to die but I just don’t see anyone having done anything worth being locked up for.
    My problem in even THINKING justification is.......by the AG, the officers breached the door to find Breona and Walker standing in a hallway and only Walker pointing a gun.

So, justify the officers firing, OK. But how is it SHE was hit 8 times, I believe? She was posing no visible threat. Meanwhile, was Walker even hit? 32 shots, 8 hit her, several hit the neighbor's wall....I mean how bad a shot were these guys, but more critically.....how do they justify HER being hit that many times?

THAT'S why I don't agree with the assessment that nobody is at fault for her death.

I also find it interesting to read that the officer charged yesterday was fired at the time of the incident, the other two were reassigned to desk duty......so they hadn't even done their investigation and they were already treating the other two differently.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Did noone listen to the Kentucky AG's presser yesterday? Or is it that noone believes it

HIS report said the officers knocked and that a neighbor confirmed they had knocked. They then attempted to identify themselves through the door and after no response 'breached the door'. When they did, they saw Breona and her BF standing in a hallway, the BF pointing what was later found to be a 9mm at them then firing, hitting the 1st officer in the thigh. Ballistics showed that wound came from the 9mm. When he fired, the officers fired- the officer hit in the thigh fired 6 times, the 2nd officer fired 16 times, and the officer now charged fired 10 times....all shots fired 'through the doorway'.
    One law enforcement official lied to cover for another. The blue wall will protect police from any accountability.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    do you always hate details?

why do you only see race?

I don't really have an opinion yet because I haven't read enough. I imagine both sides have an argument, there should have been a better way to handle it from the police, and it's certainly sad that someone is dead. but reacting a certain way just because of their race is not the right move, and rioting because people don't like the outcome is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    is it true or not that officers were first upon and the returned fire? if so then how can it be murder.

when police are shot at, what would be their move that would have been different?

one officer was charged.

It took less than one hour for you to go from not having an opinion to toeing the party line.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    What verdict could have been given that would have been acceptable to the street masses that would have sent them all home without any violence.

If they found all the police guilty of Murder One, (garnished with the Hate Crime charge) then immediately taken them out in front of the courthouse and hung them in front of the masses……would that have been enough to send everyone home peacefully??? Or would there have been something else to set them off???

Just wondering what it would have taken.
    I mean come on. Is this a real question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I mean, they aren’t the reason she’s dead, but they certainly contributed to people not caring about her story.
    The media (right or left) is a giant cesspool only motivated by profit. They chew up information and then spit out emotionally spun garbage to get people angry or scared and addicted. They do this for every topic and when one spikes the ratings they’ll cover the same story over and over 24/7 and ignore 99% of what’s happening in the world or serving a duty of informing the public so that they can grab more ad revenue.

So I expect nothing good on this issue or any other. That’s why I say it’s a little too easy to take that route.

I mean come on. Is this a real question.

Yeah…it's a real question. What verdict would have sent the "peaceful protestors" home peacefully????

Either you have an answer or you don't.

The media (right or left) is a giant cesspool only motivated by profit. They chew up information and then spit out emotionally spun garbage to get people angry or scared and addicted. They do this for every topic and when one spikes the ratings they’ll cover the same story over and over 24/7 and ignore 99% of what’s happening in the world or serving a duty of informing the public so that they can grab more ad revenue.

So I expect nothing good on this issue or any other. That’s why I say it’s a little too easy to take that route.
    Look at us agreeing lately!
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    One law enforcement official lied to cover for another. The blue wall will protect police from any accountability.
    Where is the evidence for this view?

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    It seems that with all these cases lately, all the deaths and the ensuing riots could have been avoided by a change of police tactics and that that change of police tactics would not have endangered the public.
    Yes and this is what is being asked of now. Rethinking how we train officers and tactics to de escalate, etc and prioritize funding that minimizes criminal activity in the first place.

Until we see a sweeping reform plan (and for all Trumps faults, he’d be the one potus willing to sign sweeping reform as an EO) to somehow address this, there’s going to be more incidents and more protests and when protestors are gassed off the street and arrested instead of listened to, there will be escalation to riots. The irony that they can’t de escalate the situation of protestors is also laughable. Though we’ve seen quite a few city police handle it very well (police chiefs talking to protest leaders, marching with them, kneeling with them, etc....that’s what’s missing in many of these cities; respectful engagement).

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Here’s the sad truth of this all. Breonna Taylor died 6 months ago. In that time, the story regarding the circumstances of her death as reported by the main stream media changed at least a half dozen times. When listeners no longer believe that they’re being told the truth, they’ll stop caring. The gross misreporting of information concerning her death turned a lot of people away from her story.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Yep. The media is pretty powerful and it's subjects are pretty stupid and gullible.
    When in any doubt, blame the lAmEsTrEaM mEdIa.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Goodness grief! Why the **** would you charge police officers performing the duties they were told to perform as citizens? You're nuts!
    We got a pro level bootlicker here!

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast