Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    So all this does is highlight how wrong our no knock warrant approach is.

Basically if they get a no knock warrant for the wrong house, we can expect a small but reasonable likelihood the mistaken person will end up dead.

That dont sound right to me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    What? You diverting to the media's rendition from months ago? They hit the apartment that the warrant was assigned to.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

It's probably worth noting that the city settled the case for a wrongful death for $12,000,000. But not one dime of that will come from the police...which should be criminal all by itself.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    What? You diverting to the media's rendition from months ago? They hit the apartment that the warrant was assigned to.
    No, what I mean is that of this is the protocol for a no knock warrant, the protocol is ****ed.

Because imagine if they get the wrong house, or as in this case the wrong people are home, you're then actively creating an insanely dangerous situation for potentially innocent people where they could end up dead.

They should just go in full swat gear. Fully clothes and labeled and megaphone. What's this wierd under cover ****, that sounds insane to me. Any of us could get killed of we end up on the wrong side of a no knock warrant.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, what I mean is that of this is the protocol for a no knock warrant, the protocol is ****ed.

Because imagine if they get the wrong house, or as in this case the wrong people are home, you're then actively creating an insanely dangerous situation for potentially innocent people where they could end up dead.

They should just go in full swat gear. Fully clothes and labeled and megaphone. What's this wierd under cover ****, that sounds insane to me. Any of us could get killed of we end up on the wrong side of a no knock warrant.

Here's a simple solution. Don't get involved with people that deal drugs and the police won't show up with a warrant of any category.

This entire thing is so ****ed up.

If there ever was a case that screamed... we're all ****ed up, this is it.

Here's a simple solution. Don't get involved with people that deal drugs and the police won't show up with a warrant of any category.

Well that doesnt address anything I said...

I dont get the last sentence.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

If you stay clean the cops ever show up. That is the real issue that is ignored. The timeline starts somewhere.
    My top workout songs all by Avenged Sevenfold. These will guarantee to wake you up for your 5am workout.

1. Unholy Confessions
    2. Darkness Surrounding
    3. Second Heartbeat
    4. Remenissions
    5. Chapter Four

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    If you stay clean the cops ever show up. That is the real issue that is ignored. The timeline starts somewhere.
    lol, what? What race are you?

That first sentence sound white as hell.

Except for the misspelling. That's why I'm thinking ur mixed...

So the officer was indicted for carelessly firing shots into a wall but got off scott free for carelessly shooting an young unarmed woman. Pretty ****ed up if you ask me.

Republicans, this is why Black Lives Matter is a thing. A black woman who was sleeping in her home was robbed of her life and nobody gets held accountable for that. In fact, the only charges that were brought forward was for endangering the neighbors, not the upstanding citizen who was fatally shot.

For those unaware, this is what happened. Police suspected Jamarcus Glover, Taylor's ex boyfriend, of being a drug trafficker in late 2019. They began watching him and he was seen being at Breonna Taylor's apartment in January 2020. Glover would often use her address to receive mail and her phone number as a contact number. Police continue watching him and Glover ultimately files a complaint against the police in February 2020, using Taylor's phone as a contact number.

On March 12th, the police request five no-knock search warrants for an ongoing narcotics investigation, including Taylor's apartment because of Glover's presence. All five warrants are issued in less than two hours, Taylor's address being the last because the other four were in a different neighborhood entirely. Taylor and her boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, had gone out to eat at Texas Roadhouse earlier in the evening after giving a friend's kids a ride across town. Taylor had a night off work after working several consecutive 12-hour shifts as an ER Technician. They got in bed and put on the movie "Freedom Writers" after arriving home after 9:00 pm.

Police, who serve the warrant and ultimately kill Taylor later that night, begin watching her apartment after 11:00 pm, seeing the light from the movie from her bedroom. At 12:40 am, police gather around her front door and knock several times. This is where things get disputed. The police had a warrant that would have allowed them to enter the home without knocking, however they did knock several times. The knocking startles both Taylor and Walker out of bed and they ask "Who's there?". The police officers claim they didn't hear a response to the knock and announced themselves, although that fact is disputed by several people, including Kenneth Walker and multiple neighbors. Walker specifically claims he heard no response. After a minute of silence, the police then force entry into her apartment with a battering ram, but in the minute leading up to the police breaking in, Walker grabbed his legally-held gun as he and Taylor were getting dressed.

They barely made it out of the bedroom before police forced entry and upon entry, Walker fires a warning shot aimed low near the ground ultimately hitting one police officer in the leg. It is at this time neighbors begin calling 9-1-1 due to shots fired inside an apartment building. Police immediately return fire with over 25 shots, six of which hit Taylor and multiple shots went into neighbors' apartments, including one with a five year old child. Walker calls 9-1-1 himself minutes later to report that "Someone kicked in the door and shot my girlfriend". Taylor died at 12:48 am. At 1:00 am, Walker surrenders and is arrested by the police. EMT's arrive at 1:46, an hour after Taylor's death.

While all of this was happening, Jamarcus Glover was being arrested at one of the other four address issued in the search warrant. Police search Taylor's apartment after getting another warrant after 3:30 am, where no drugs or cash are found. Before 4:00 am, police question Walker and he tells them he didn't know police were behind the door, saying "The only reason I even had the gun out was because we didn't know who it was. If we knew who it was, that would have never happened."

By the next afternoon police announced they found an "unresponsive woman later announced dead" inside Taylor's apartment and that they were "still working through her involvement in the narcotics investigation." Police also announced that no body-cam footage of the shootings exists, the three officers involved were placed on administrative leave, and they were charging Walker with attempted murder of a police officer.

That's what happened. The police failed to identify themselves when executing a search warrant, endangering the lives of many people, including their own, and killing Breonna Taylor in the process. Even if they did announce themselves as they claim, they failed at doing it if nobody heard them. Breonna Taylor was only guilty of having a bad ex-boyfriend who she still had a relationship with. The woman was an EMT and aspiring to become a nurse. She didn't deserve to be killed in such an avoidable manner. Kenneth Walker didn't deserve to watch his girlfriend die and be arrested for attempted murder for defending himself against police who clearly didn't do a good enough job announcing themselves. The neighbors whose lives were endangered by the shooting didn't deserve that, and neither did the police who went into that situation.

There has to be accountability when things like this happen. When people's lives are put in danger there has to be accountability. When someone is killed there must be accountability. Yet here we are, again, where a black person is killed and nobody is held accountable. No manslaughter, no negligent homicide, no reckless homicide, nothing. The only charge that was brought forth was for endangering the neighbors.

If that's the law and no one else did anything wrong according to the law, then the law itself is clearly racist and needs to be changed. If forcibly entering someone's living area and endangering the lives of many people in the process because you failed to adequately identify yourself isn't illegal, then something needs to change. Breonna Taylor was leading a beautiful life and it was stolen from her and her family because of negligence. If the law can't hold anyone accountable for that then something is clearly wrong with our society. We need Justice. We need change. We need this to stop. This is why Black Lives Matter is a thing.

If you feel threatened by the Black Lives Matter movement, try to think about how threatening it is for Breonna Taylor, and people like her, who live in a society where they get no justice for being killed by police negligence. Nothing is done when they get killed. Time after time after time after time. It's shameful, and we should be embarrassed by it. We can no longer resist change, there must be a referendum on this type of society. We have to be better. We can all start by voting on November 3rd.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 09-25-2020 at 08:38 AM.

So if anyone in your orbit ever commits a crime, it would then be OK for the police to enter your house and kill you? Is that what you're saying?

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    Republicans, this is why Black Lives Matter is a thing. A black woman who was sleeping in her home was robbed of her life and nobody gets held accountable for that. In fact, the only charges that were brought forward was for endangering the neighbors, not the upstanding citizen who was fatally shot.

For those unaware, this is what happened. Police suspected Jamarcus Glover, Taylor's ex boyfriend, of being a drug trafficker in late 2019. They began watching him and he was seen being at Breonna Taylor's apartment in January 2020. Glover would often use her address to receive mail and her phone number as a contact number. Police continue watching him and Glover ultimately files a complaint against the police in February 2020, using Taylor's phone as a contact number.

On March 12th, the police request five no-knock search warrants for an ongoing narcotics investigation, including Taylor's apartment because of Glover's presence. All five warrants are issued in less than two hours, Taylor's address being the last because the other four were in a different neighborhood entirely. Taylor and her boyfriend, Kenneth Walker, had gone out to eat at Texas Roadhouse earlier in the evening after giving a friend's kids a ride across town. Taylor had a night off work after working several consecutive 12-hour shifts as an ER Technician. They got in bed and put on the movie "Freedom Writers" after arriving home after 9:00 pm.

Police, who serve the warrant and ultimately kill Taylor later that night, begin watching her apartment after 11:00 pm, seeing the light from the movie from her bedroom. At 12:40 am, police gather around her front door and knock several times. This is where things get disputed. The police had a warrant that would have allowed them to enter the home without knocking, however they did knock several times. The knocking startles both Taylor and Walker out of bed and they ask "Who's there?". The police officers claim they didn't hear a response to the knock and announced themselves, although that fact is disputed by several people, including Kenneth Walker and multiple neighbors. Walker specifically claims he heard no response. After a minute of silence, the police then force entry into her apartment with a battering ram, but in the minute leading up to the police breaking in, Walker grabbed his legally-held gun as he and Taylor were getting dressed.

They barely made it out of the bedroom before police forced entry and upon entry, Walker fires a warning shot aimed low near the ground ultimately hitting one police officer in the leg. It is at this time neighbors begin calling 9-1-1 due to shots fired inside an apartment building. Police immediately return fire with over 25 shots, six of which hit Taylor and multiple shots went into neighbors' apartments, including one with a five year old child. Walker calls 9-1-1 himself minutes later to report that "Someone kicked in the door and shot my girlfriend". Taylor died at 12:48 am. At 1:00 am, Walker surrenders and is arrested by the police. EMT's arrive at 1:46, an hour after Taylor's death.

While all of this was happening, Jamarcus Glover was being arrested at one of the other four address issued in the search warrant. Police search Taylor's apartment after getting another warrant after 3:30 am, where no drugs or cash are found. Before 4:00 am, police question Walker and he tells them he didn't know police were behind the door, saying "The only reason I even had the gun out was because we didn't know who it was. If we knew who it was, that would have never happened."

By the next afternoon police announced they found an "unresponsive woman later announced dead" inside Taylor's apartment and that they were "still working through her involvement in the narcotics investigation." Police also announced that no body-cam footage of the shootings exists, the three officers involved were placed on administrative leave, and they were charging Walker with attempted murder of a police officer.

That's what happened. The police failed to identify themselves when executing a search warrant, endangering the lives of many people, including their own, and killing Breonna Taylor in the process. Even if they did announce themselves as they claim, they failed at doing it if nobody heard them. Breonna Taylor was only guilty of having a bad ex-boyfriend who she still had a relationship with. The woman was an EMT and aspiring to become a nurse. She didn't deserve to be killed in such an avoidable manner. Kenneth Walker didn't deserve to watch his girlfriend die and be arrested for attempted murder for defending himself against police who clearly didn't do a good enough job announcing themselves. The neighbors whose lives were endangered by the shooting didn't deserve that, and neither did the police who went into that situation.

There has to be accountability when things like this happen. When people's lives are put in danger there has to be accountability. When someone is killed there must be accountability. Yet here we are, again, where a black person is killed and nobody is held accountable. No manslaughter, no negligent homicide, no reckless homicide, nothing. The only charge that was brought forth was for endangering the neighbors.

If that's the law and no one else did anything wrong according to the law, then the law itself is clearly racist and needs to be changed. If forcibly entering someone's living area and endangering the lives of many people in the process because you failed to adequately identify yourself isn't illegal, then something needs to change. Breonna Taylor was leading a beautiful life and it was stolen from her and her family because of negligence. If the law can't hold anyone accountable for that then something is clearly wrong with our society. We need Justice. We need change. We need this to stop. This is why Black Lives Matter is a thing.

If you feel threatened by the Black Lives Matter movement, try to think about how threatening it is for Breonna Taylor, and people like her, who live in a society where they get no justice for being killed by police negligence. Nothing is done when they get killed. Time after time after time after time. It's shameful, and we should be embarrassed by it. We can no longer resist change, there must be a referendum on this type of society. We have to be better. We can all start by voting on November 3rd.
    Good posyt.

Bold 1…excellent points.

Bold 2…people feel threatened by Black Lives Matter because it is no longer about black lives. It is about rioting, looting, damaging, anarch etc. I don't know anyone that does not think that policing needs to be changed and that attitudes need to be changed. However, whatever movement originally existed has been taken over by street thugs and trash people. What you see on TV every night does the BLM movement and black people far more harm than good. Basically it shows the American population a look at people that, while they unfortunately are here, the vast majority does not want to be around. It shows us people that need to be (and will be) avoided. Very few people really care about them. And no matter how many goofy whitey millennials are there, all these "peaceful protests" are tied to blacks. It also pushes voters towards Trump.

Bold 3…more good points. So let's get to it. All this street activity just pushes solving the problem to the back burner. Time to settle down and hash things out.

Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    which of the 2 in that apartment wasn't clean?
    the dead EMT or the wrong boyfriend?
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

It’s a good thing officers never lie to cover up their wrongdoing.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    So if anyone in your orbit ever commits a crime, it would then be OK for the police to enter your house and kill you? Is that what you're saying?
    He’s advocating guilt by association now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Good posyt.

Bold 1…excellent points.

Bold 2…people feel threatened by Black Lives Matter because it is no longer about black lives. It is about rioting, looting, damaging, anarch etc. I don't know anyone that does not think that policing needs to be changed and that attitudes need to be changed. However, whatever movement originally existed has been taken over by street thugs and trash people. What you see on TV every night does the BLM movement and black people far more harm than good. Basically it shows the American population a look at people that, while they unfortunately are here, the vast majority does not want to be around. It shows us people that need to be (and will be) avoided. Very few people really care about them. And no matter how many goofy whitey millennials are there, all these "peaceful protests" are tied to blacks. It also pushes voters towards Trump.

Bold 3…more good points. So let's get to it. All this street activity just pushes solving the problem to the back burner. Time to settle down and hash things out.
    If all the street activity is what is keeping this problem from getting solved how come it wasn’t solved before there was street activity?

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast