Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    All these others you are bringing up clearly did not resonate all that much with the general public. I actually remember hearing very little about it other than rioting. It probably had much to do with less cell phone cameras at the timeÖcertainly never heard the word "viral" back then.

George Floyd seemed to strike a different chord. It was in front of us immediately, from numerous angles, on multiple stations, all over the internet. It was seen differently. I don't know of anyone that sided with the police on this or that didn't feel the police were responsible fo his death. It was being discussed sympathetically by everyone. Reasonable change would have been easier to get. You don't reach points on time like this all that often.

Then the BLMers blew all that support with all the street trash we had to see over and over. Then these ridiculous graffiti er murals all over city streets. They lost a lot of what they had by taking it way too far. They lost the notion of defunding the police (whatever that meant) to proving to decent people that we really need is more police.

Not all that bright of a move. But just keep on marchin' and screamin'
    Didn't seem to have struck you very much. You've gone from whatever your opinion was to "who cares" in less than 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    So the officer was indicted for carelessly firing shots into a wall but got off scott free for carelessly shooting an young unarmed woman. Pretty ****ed up if you ask me.
    Different officer. You can spray in the direction you got shot at

Sorry I misspoke. I don't know which bullets hit her.
    Last edited by Chronz; 09-25-2020 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol, what? What race are you?

That first sentence sound white as hell.

Except for the misspelling. That's why I'm thinking ur mixed...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    U sound racists. White pepol can make spelling mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    U sound racists. White pepol can make spelling mistakes
    Yea, but when they do it, it's on purpose.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yea, but when they do it, it's on purpose.

Iím white but Iím also good at basketball so I guess Iím just weird

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

You're a ewing fan. They don't get any weirder. You prolly too old to still hoop too.

You're what we call white plus.

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Breonna Taylor: 1230 PM CST

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    You're a ewing fan. They don't get any weirder. You prolly too old to still hoop too.
    Thanks. You are right I guess. I retired a little over a year ago. The last time I hurt my ankle I decided I was done playing competitively/regularly. I did make it into my 40s.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Thanks. You are right I guess. I retired a little over a year ago. The last time I hurt my ankle I decided I was done playing competitively/regularly. I did make it into my 40s.

Impressive.

Ur probably a hot *** 40 year old.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    when did this become a partisan question?
    It shouldn't be a partisan question but the majority of conservatives, both on here and IRL, seem to think that the police officer shouldn't have been charged. Just pointing out where they draw the line.

Do you think he should have been charged with her death?

It shouldn't be a partisan question but the majority of conservatives, both on here and IRL, seem to think that the police officer shouldn't have been charged. Just pointing out where they draw the line.

Do you think he should have been charged with her death?
    I think they all should have faced more charges. The officer that got the wanton endangerment charge, from what I read, was the third to even fire, so if so it would seem incorrect to pin her death JUST on him. Whether those should be murder charges, I don't know...but for the only charges to be the weak one he got doesn't seem just.

I also find it interesting that he was fired back when this happened while the other 2 were put on desk duty. I don't know what they knew then, prior to the investigation, that separated him.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I think they all should have faced more charges. The officer that got the wanton endangerment charge, from what I read, was the third to even fire, so if so it would seem incorrect to pin her death JUST on him. Whether those should be murder charges, I don't know...but for the only charges to be the weak one he got doesn't seem just.

I also find it interesting that he was fired back when this happened while the other 2 were put on desk duty. I don't know what they knew then, prior to the investigation, that separated him.
    I only thought it was the one officer who shot her but I agree wholeheartedly. The fact they indicted one officer for carelessly shooting a wall and no one was indicted for carelessly shooting an innocent unarmed woman in her own home is dumbfounding.

I figured an indictment of Manslaughter or Negligence causing death would have been fair

I only thought it was the one officer who shot her but I agree wholeheartedly. The fact they indicted one officer for carelessly shooting a wall and no one was indicted for carelessly shooting an innocent unarmed woman in her own home is dumbfounding.

I figured an indictment of Manslaughter or Negligence causing death would have been fair
    Depending on how much we are to believe the AG, who FWIW is a black man, I heard him say when they breached the door they found Taylor and Walker standing in a hallway, Walker pointing a gun. He shot, Officer 1 was struck in the thigh, Officer 1 fired 6 times, Officer 2 fired 16 times, Officer 3 shot 10 times...all somehow through the same doorway. 1 and 2 were reassigned to admin duties soon after while 3 was fired, so even then they saw differences for whatever reason (and I believe Officer 1 was the higher rank).

There's just things that don't add up really. 32 total shots fired by officers, 8 struck Breona while none apparently struck Walker...the one with the gun. He was arrested, originally charged, but released with charges dropped. Exactly how are 32 shots fired down a hallway 2 people are standing in and the only one hit is the one not holding a gun?!

Then there's the question of whether Walker fired AT the officers or fired into the floor as a warning and the bullet ricocheted into the officer...which may be why his charges were dropped, I don't know.

Regardless, at the VERY least I don't see how all 3 don't face reckless endangerment or criminal negligence charges if not manslaughter. Murder I don't see, however.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    And one by one you will eventually justify all of the shootings. Which is why you don't care. Fine, I'll take out Michael Brown as an example.

Do you care yet? Still no? I figured.
    not true. I have before said there were shootings that were wrong. I even said in this thread about Breonna Taylor "there should have been more charges" and you didn't bother to reply to that.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5...e-indicted-all

too many people are not getting the right information. this is the media's fault.

there bold I agree with, there should have been more charges.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Itís just a time-honored form of virtue signaling.
    Thoughts and prayers are a time honored tradition of saying that youíre ok with something happening since you wonít get off your *** to prevent it from happening again. This country gives a ****ton of thoughts and prayers after every shooting by both random people and police. Weíre perfectly content with our fellow citizens being killed by one another. Itís expected behavior and we donít care enough to do a damn thing.

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast