Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by goingfor28 View Post
    Ya there's no way we're as bad as the 2 NY teams, Jax or Carolina. Based on talent alone I'm sure we'll win 4 or 5 games, just enough to miss out on a stud QB.

I hope every game goes like yesterday where we're competitive, rookies play well but we lose by a little. I'd gladly take a 1-15 season with our only win being vs GB to hopefully F up their playoff seeding just a tad.
    I wont even let my dislike for the Packers ruin the chances for a Franchise QB.

When was the last time we had one of those? Culpepper?

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    I wont even let my dislike for the Packers ruin the chances for a Franchise QB.

When was the last time we had one of those? Culpepper?
    Culpepper was the last one we drafted that even showed a glimpse of stardom. Damn he was sooo good when he was on top of his game. Was a bit inconsistent from season to season but he was good.

I wonder what the stats are for super bowl wins by QBs drafted by that team..

Quote Originally Posted by iliketurtles24 View Post
    I wonder what the stats are for super bowl wins by QBs drafted by that team..
    Well to calculate that you would need to figure out where to place QBs like Eli Manning and John Elway who were both drafted by different teams but traded on draft day. Not counting those two and considering Joe Namath was drafted by the Jets and Cardinals since the AFL and NFL had separate drafts below is what I came up with:

-54 Super Bowls, 13 wins by QBs not drafted by the team

Peyton Manning
    Drew Brees
    Brad Johnson
    Trent Dilfer
    Kurt Warner
    Brett Favre
    Steve Young
    Doug Williams
    Jim Plunkett (2)
    Joe Theismann
    John Unitas
    Len Dawson

Jim Plunkett is the only player to win multiple Super Bowls on a team he was not drafted by. If you look at a list of the ones that won Super Bowls on the teams that drafted them, there are quite a few who have won multiple Super Bowls (Bart Starr, Roger Staubach, Bob Griese, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana, Troy Aikman, John Elway, Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger etc).
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Well to calculate that you would need to figure out where to place QBs like Eli Manning and John Elway who were both drafted by different teams but traded on draft day. Not counting those two and considering Joe Namath was drafted by the Jets and Cardinals since the AFL and NFL had separate drafts below is what I came up with:

-54 Super Bowls, 13 wins by QBs not drafted by the team

Peyton Manning
    Drew Brees
    Brad Johnson
    Trent Dilfer
    Kurt Warner
    Brett Favre
    Steve Young
    Doug Williams
    Jim Plunkett (2)
    Joe Theismann
    John Unitas
    Len Dawson

Jim Plunkett is the only player to win multiple Super Bowls on a team he was not drafted by. If you look at a list of the ones that won Super Bowls on the teams that drafted them, there are quite a few who have won multiple Super Bowls (Bart Starr, Roger Staubach, Bob Griese, Terry Bradshaw, Joe Montana, Troy Aikman, John Elway, Tom Brady, Eli Manning, Ben Roethlisberger etc).
    My dad is a Raiders fan and he loves Jim Plunkett. He said he met him twice and Jim is a great guy

V4LB-DIMGIM-VCU-CUBBY JOE AND GOINGFOR28

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567