Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    Oh boy, it would take a lot, especially with the hype of Lawrence being so high. I'm not even sure where to begin to be honest. I think it makes it a little more difficult knowing we have Cousins essentially locked in for 2 more years after this year. You could make an argument for Trey Lance in that top 10 range as well and the good thing with him is you could sit him with no issues that first year.
    The thing is though, if we do end up with the first pick(we won't lol) that should say to our organization that we need a new QB. You still gotta draft Lawrence even with Cousins contract. You have Cousins be the backup those two years.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    If the draft was tomorrow, we would have the 4th pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sweet. Sewell it is lol

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I don't even remember their trade in full but I will just give my thoughts. A massive amount, so long as the scouts agree on the talent of course.

Our first this year (should be around 10 at least), I will add a fourth so we still have a 3rd and late picks this year. Our first and second next season, especially if we keep cousins to ruin picks a bit... I am not done. I would even go another year out and add a 2nd/3rd/6th. We are now at a top 10 pick, a future first and two future 2nds plus a couple late picks.

I might even negotiate another 1st in there instead of some other picks. I might be a little wild but I truly believe in getting that franchise QB almost at all costs. So a top 10ish pick, two future 1sts and a future 2nd + late pick(s) isn't out of the question for me.

My goal this year would be to land a pick without needing that capital necessarily but if we win say 6 games still and have pick 10 I still make major moves if I can. I am sooooo tired of not having that top level QB and take my shot.
    Wow haha. Yeah that is crazy amount of picks, but I think you are right there for the amount it would take to get him. I totally agree that a QB that could be like a Rodgers, Luck, Wilson or Mahomes are worth every bit the penny that you have offered.
    I know its crazy as well but I think I would go 1st and 3rd this year(I believe we have a 3rd comp pick coming our way), 1st and 2nd next year and 1st and 3rd the third year... If that's what it takes to get Lawrence, I would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Wow haha. Yeah that is crazy amount of picks, but I think you are right there for the amount it would take to get him. I totally agree that a QB that could be like a Rodgers, Luck, Wilson or Mahomes are worth every bit the penny that you have offered.
    I know its crazy as well but I think I would go 1st and 3rd this year(I believe we have a 3rd comp pick coming our way), 1st and 2nd next year and 1st and 3rd the third year... If that's what it takes to get Lawrence, I would do it.
    Ya, I think it is about what it would take. Even yours might be within that range. Lawrence is someone on the map for a long time that has consistently/largely lived up to the hype and expectations. I think the bust factor is low and the very good to elite QB is quite high with him. If we are talking about him I say go big and shoot your shot for once on this position. If Jefferson is this good we have good weapons already. Give it a year or two of building the oline and it's an elite offense. We have young CB's to groom and Kendricks/Hunter/Ngakoue are youngish enough. You make this move and if at any point you can move Cousins from here on out do it. I won't believe it is possible we get him until it happens but if I am GM I am extremely aggressive to make him ours.

If the draft was tomorrow, we would have the 4th pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have a feeling the Falcons will play themselves out of that number 1 pick. At least I'm sure they'll get a win on 10/18. The Jets and Giants might be our only real competition for Lawrence.
    https://orig00.deviantart.net/1dc3/f/2018/078/e/e/cousins_by_matthew998-dc6cc8l.png

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    I have a feeling the Falcons will play themselves out of that number 1 pick. At least I'm sure they'll get a win on 10/18. The Jets and Giants might be our only real competition for Lawrence.
    The Falcons should be 2-1 but wow, epic melt downs. So I agree they are better than 0-3 record. They have Ryan locked in for 3 more years and are in the same boat as us. I'm not sure what they would go. They are likely going to have a new coach so I still think they go QB if they get the 1st.

Giants/Jets for sure would take either Lawrence or Fields. Cincy would go OL likely. Houston has a QB. Carolina and Jax would take QB as well.

So we have 4 teams that would for sure take QB's. Vikes/Falcons maybe but sort of stuck contract wise.

If we end up in that 10-15 range there is an IOL Wyatt Davis that would be a good pick to start day 1 at Guard.

I'm also going to state that if we get the #1 pick then we should fire Zimmer and hire Eric Bienemy. I do not want Zim's hands on Lawrence at all. And this is me being a huge Zim supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by VCU4LIFEGOVIKS View Post
    Ya there's no way we're as bad as the 2 NY teams, Jax or Carolina. Based on talent alone I'm sure we'll win 4 or 5 games, just enough to miss out on a stud QB.

I hope every game goes like yesterday where we're competitive, rookies play well but we lose by a little. I'd gladly take a 1-15 season with our only win being vs GB to hopefully F up their playoff seeding just a tad.

I said at the beginning of the season if we could tread water the first 4 we would be ok. Anything less than 2-2 might be too big of a hole to climb out of and that still holds true. Though, as I expected, I am starting to see some positive things given our opponents are 8-1.

We should have won yesterday, I thought we were the better team but failed to close it out. We need to try Udoh or Cleveland at guard. We absolutely know that Samia is not the answer. Udoh has the anchor to play guard.

Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    If we end up in that 10-15 range there is an IOL Wyatt Davis that would be a good pick to start day 1 at Guard.

I'm also going to state that if we get the #1 pick then we should fire Zimmer and hire Eric Bienemy. I do not want Zim's hands on Lawrence at all. And this is me being a huge Zim supporter.
    Wyatt Davis is an absolute monster. He'll be a stud from day 1. Would love to get him if we miss out on a top QB.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

One thing I haven't really considered, and It may be just an excuse.. But this is Cousins 3rd different OC in three years. 4th if you consider his last year in Washington. I think that may be some part of the problem with him. True Kubiak is probably similar to Stefanski than Stefanski was Deflippo. But I think it is something to consider when talking about Kirk's problems.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    One thing I haven't really considered, and It may be just an excuse.. But this is Cousins 3rd different OC in three years. 4th if you consider his last year in Washington. I think that may be some part of the problem with him. True Kubiak is probably similar to Stefanski than Stefanski was Deflippo. But I think it is something to consider when talking about Kirk's problems.
    No doubt that has played a role but I think Kirk is playing just fine. Outside of the Colts game where he just outright stunk. But hell every QB has those stinker type of games. We all know what Kirk is and that is a solid, good QB who can win with a good support. At the end of this season he will be in that mid to high 20's TD's with probably 10-12 INT and a solid 95 rating. At some point we are going to string some wins together and it might start against Houston.

PFF grades players based on a scale of 0-100. Dru Samia's pass block grade on Sunday was 1.4.
    2020 Vikings Draft:
    1: Justin Jefferson WR LSU
    1: Jeff Gladney CB TCU
    2: Ezra Cleveland OT Boise State
    3: Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State
    4: D.J. Wonnum DE South Carolina
    4: James Lynch DT Baylor
    4: Troy Dye LB Oregon
    5: Harrison Hand CB Temple
    5: K.J. Osborn WR Miami
    6: Blake Brandel OT Oregon State
    6: Josh Metellus S Michigan
    7: Kenny Willekes DE Michigan State
    7: Nate Stanley QB Iowa
    7: Brian Cole S Mississippi State
    7: Kyle Hinton G Washburn

PFF grades players based on a scale of 0-100. Dru Samia's pass block grade on Sunday was 1.4.
    Welp, it's better than a 0

lol I was gonna say its better than the 0 that Bradbury posted several times last year. But it sure is amazing how much better Bradbury looks this year already. It's easy to look at Samia the same way and move on but maybe we need to be patient with him as well but again I'm shocked we haven't entertained the idea of Udoh at guard.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast