Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

NY Jets @ Indianapolis Colts: Week 3

Let's get a win.

And don't give a 1st down on a 3rd and 31.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    Bummer.

Ignorance is bliss

Piggybacking off the last page or so of the SF IGT, another glimmer of good news.

We didn't sign Cousins!

I didn't like him as a player then and I like him less now.

Ignorance is bliss

Gale Sayers, the original juke and go man.

Thumbs down

If the Jets drop this one, then I'm looking at the #1 pick in the draft.

Not going to be popular, but 'm fine going 2-14 with the #1 draft pick, as long as we beat the fish 2x and get rid of Gase.

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    If the Jets drop this one, then I'm looking at the #1 pick in the draft.

Not going to be popular, but 'm fine going 2-14 with the #1 draft pick, as long as we beat the fish 2x and get rid of Gase.
    I'd be fine with all of that. The real question is what to do if the Jets get the #1 pick. For the sake of argument, let's say that Darnold play really well this year, but the Jets still don't win games. Do they trade the #1 pick for a haul, or do they draft Lawrence at #1 no matter what and trade Darnold? If the latter, what do you think they can get for Darnold? I would imagine it would have to be better than what ARI got for Rosen.
    Last edited by wiley6; 09-23-2020 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    I'd be fine with all of that. The real question is what to do if the Jets get the #1 pick. For the sake of argument, let's say that Darnold play really well this year, but the Jets still don't win games. Do they trade the #1 pick for a haul, or do they draft Lawrence at #1 no matter what and trade Darnold? If the latter, what do you think they can get for Darnold? I would imagine it would have to be better than what ARI got for Rosen.
    Here is the problem I have with Lawrence as the #1 overall pick to the Jets if they get it: First and foremost, if we do I am trading it for a haul of picks.

With that said, I can name at least 5 players off the top of my head (WR JaMarr Chase, EDGE Gregory Rousseau, OT Penei Sewell, CB Patrick Surtain, LB Micah Parsons)-- and yes, there are likely others-- that I would take with the #1 overall pick before Trevor Lawrence, not because I think Lawrence is a horrible pick, but because I believe the NY Jets have bigger issues other than QB right now.
    Eichel Tower

Quote Originally Posted by ccugrad1 View Post
    Here is the problem I have with Lawrence as the #1 overall pick to the Jets if they get it: First and foremost, if we do I am trading it for a haul of picks.

With that said, I can name at least 5 players off the top of my head (WR JaMarr Chase, EDGE Gregory Rousseau, OT Penei Sewell, CB Patrick Surtain, LB Micah Parsons)-- and yes, there are likely others-- that I would take with the #1 overall pick before Trevor Lawrence, not because I think Lawrence is a horrible pick, but because I believe the NY Jets have bigger issues other than QB right now.
    Though I agree, consider this Lawrence would be in on a new rookie contract, whereas with Sam you are going to have to pony up BIG to resign/extend him.
    The Jets brass may realized they missed their grooming window with him before having to shell out big bucks.

Yes I would love a haul of picks BUT the haul may not be as big as you think if you just move back 1 or 2 spots.
    The only real big haul is if a team really wants to move up several positions and overpay.

Plus if you pass on Lawrence, you now have put additional pressure on Darnold, because he will always be compared to Lawrence, and if Lawrence succeeds ..........

If we had the #1, I would draft Lawrence, unless someone wants to part with 2 #1, 2 #2 and a #3.

Though I agree, consider this Lawrence would be in on a new rookie contract, whereas with Sam you are going to have to pony up BIG to resign/extend him.
    The Jets brass may realized they missed their grooming window with him before having to shell out big bucks.

Yes I would love a haul of picks BUT the haul may not be as big as you think if you just move back 1 or 2 spots.
    The only real big haul is if a team really wants to move up several positions and overpay.

Plus if you pass on Lawrence, you now have put additional pressure on Darnold, because he will always be compared to Lawrence, and if Lawrence succeeds ..........

If we had the #1, I would draft Lawrence, unless someone wants to part with 2 #1, 2 #2 and a #3.
    what if we do get the #1, would this kid want to come to the jets. I would pull an Eli and say I am not playing for you. I'll sit a year especially with Mr Brilliant coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by afmanic View Post
    what if we do get the #1, would this kid want to come to the jets. I would pull an Eli and say I am not playing for you. I'll sit a year especially with Mr Brilliant coaching.
    No way Gase gets a 2nd chance at a top prospect while here.

First and foremost, I am 100% on board with Xís post above about going 2-14, sweeping the fish, and getting pick #1 if we lose this week. I think that guarantees Gase is gone, at the latest, the moment the game ends week 17.

The question then becomes what to do with #1 and with Sam. If you get the top pick and have a chance to take a generational talent at THE premier position in the sport, you HAVE to draft him... unless you get a ridiculous offer that makes the Adamsí haul look like peanuts.

I think the current production of this team on the field (all injuries and other variables aside) has likely sealed Gaseís fate (barring a complete 180 starting this week). As such, a new coach (with a GM who didnít draft Sam) are all but guaranteed to take their own FQB and see what they can get for Sam in a trade. And if we stood pat at #1, you still have tons of capital to move up and get higher end talent to build around TL... you know, do it right for once and surround your heir apparent with guys who can make him excel. What a concept...

Gase just blamed execution on the reason plays fail.

No ****? Really?

Who's job is it to put guys in a position to execute and who's job is it to practice them to the point that they execute?

But he is brilliant

Ignorance is bliss

Y'all really think we can beat the dolphins yet alone sweep? Lol. We're getting fitzed again...twice

No way Gase gets a 2nd chance at a top prospect while here.
    I want to believe that and I should, but i also thought the jets could stop a 3rd and 31.

You have coach who is brilliant at losing, an owner who knows nothing, and a GM that can't do anything about it.

The perfect storm.

2 players say practice is slow and then the head coach says it is execution. Right there you see the disconnect.

i am hoping they come out with the same energy as they did against the 49ers and if they get humiliated and Johnson does nothing, he gets a second chance. just my opinion.

I love this team since 1978 but i have never been so frustrated than i am now.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast