Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Somewhere within the transmutation of Yin and Yang
    MrX. I get your point and itís valid. But I stick to my feeling that a good qb will make those around him better
    I also see Sam making more and more mistakes He had some very nice throws yesterday but also missed a bunch.
    We are in a crappy spot. Is it gase? Yes. Is it Sam? Yes. Can both change? No. Sam can but I donít think gase can. Donít get me wrong, itís clear the FO did little to help him but at some point, you have to do something Even if itís for a week.

I donít think gase is going anywhere So if Sam is bad on Thursday, give hi
    The next game off to get his head straight and see him Morgan does
    I think if he does similar on Thursday, you sit him for a week. Not because heís toast but for his own head

I
    Donít see the harm In Giving Morgan snaps. I would much rather he get those reps over flacco

Ignorance is bliss

I already on to 2021 draft simulators with this team.

1: R1P1
    QB TREVOR LAWRENCE
    CLEMSON
    30: R1P30
    WR RASHOD BATEMAN
    MINNESOTA
    33: R2P1
    C CREED HUMPHREY
    OKLAHOMA
    65: R3P1
    CB CALEB FARLEY
    VIRGINIA TECH
    93: R3P29
    EDGE SHAKA TONEY
    PENN STATE
    103: R4P1
    RB KENNETH GAINWELL
    MEMPHIS
    142: R5P1
    CB ELIJAH MOLDEN
    WASHINGTON
    143: R5P2
    EDGE CHRIS RUMPH II
    DUKE
    180: R6P1
    OT DILLON RADUNZ
    NORTH DAKOTA STATE
    224: R7P1
    LB NICK BOLTON
    MISSOURI
    253: R7P30
    WR DEZ FITZPATRICK
    LOUISVILLE

DOn't do it to yourself!!!
    You know they will win just enough games to keep Gase as the HC and to miss out on the top 5 picks.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkotheclown View Post
    MrX. I get your point and itís valid. But I stick to my feeling that a good qb will make those around him better
    I also see Sam making more and more mistakes He had some very nice throws yesterday but also missed a bunch.
    We are in a crappy spot. Is it gase? Yes. Is it Sam? Yes. Can both change? No. Sam can but I donít think gase can. Donít get me wrong, itís clear the FO did little to help him but at some point, you have to do something Even if itís for a week.

I donít think gase is going anywhere So if Sam is bad on Thursday, give hi
    The next game off to get his head straight and see him Morgan does
    I think if he does similar on Thursday, you sit him for a week. Not because heís toast but for his own head

I
    Donít see the harm In Giving Morgan snaps. I would much rather he get those reps over flacco
    There is great harm in giving Morgan snaps, unless its late game mop up duty.
    You are forcing Sam's hand to win now with little talent and an inept playcaller.

It doesn't matter who the QB is (give us Brees, Brady or Rodgers) they can only do so much if the WRs need excessive time to get open.

I'm not saying Sam is the answer, but unlike all the other young QBs I listed earlier, have we set him up for success?
    If the answer is no, then that's where you begin.

We have failed Sam in building him a credible offense, and it shows.
    Last edited by MrX27; 09-28-2020 at 03:04 PM.

You know they will win just enough games to keep Gase as the HC and to miss out on the top 5 picks.
    I know they will win some meaningless games, believe that means something and miss out on the top players in the draft and refuse to rebuild properly. Rinse, wash, repeat. **** this team!

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    There is great harm in giving Morgan snaps, unless its late game mop up duty.
    You are forcing Sam's hand to win now with little talent and an inept playcaller.

It doesn't matter who the QB is (give us Brees, Brady or Rodgers) they can only do so much if the WRs need excessive time to get open.

I'm not saying Sam is the answer, but unlike all the other young QBs I listed earlier, have we set him up for success?
    If the answer is no, then that's where you begin.

We have failed Sam in building him a credible offense, and it shows.
    I agree that we haven't. 100%

My feeling is, and it will likely be an agree to disagree philosophy, why put in Flacco or white? We know what they are. Maybe start Joe and give Morgan the second half or something like that but if Sam tanks it on Thursday, I would like to see what the rookie has to offer.
    If Sam feels the need to win now? Good. Maybe that's what he needs to get himself on track. Maybe the threat of losing his job causes a different focus.
    No kid gloves.
    Sam, I know, you don't have great skill players at your disposal but that doesn't mean, you can't perform well and elevate the games of others. I see nothing wrong with expecting that. I see nothing wrong with sitting him on the bench for a game or two. I see nothing wrong with holding his feet to the fire.

As I said, I understand your thoughts and they are very, legitimate.

Ignorance is bliss

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    I know they will win some meaningless games, believe that means something and miss out on the top players in the draft and refuse to rebuild properly. Rinse, wash, repeat. **** this team!
    I actually think Joe will rebuild properly.

The best case scenario would be that Sam turn it around and start playing well but we still end up with Gase gone and a high pick. Then trade that ****er for a ton of picks.
    Right now we have 2 firsts a second and a 2 thirds this year.'s draft We have two first next. year.

We are in good shape provided Gase isn't the one at the helm. He is clearly not changing the culture of the team.

Ignorance is bliss

Just to clarify... I was not saying put JM in over Sam in general. I was saying put him in late in blowouts when Sam has played like crap, the game is out of reach, and we want to avoid getting starters and quality players hurt. JM shouldíve gotten a series or two with the game wayyyy out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
    Just to clarify... I was not saying put JM in over Sam in general. I was saying put him in late in blowouts when Sam has played like crap, the game is out of reach, and we want to avoid getting starters and quality players hurt. JM shouldíve gotten a series or two with the game wayyyy out of hand.
    I complete agree. I, as all of us had zero clue what he was doing out there in the 4th.
    But I also would be fine with sitting Sam a week and letting other QBs take the reins for a week, if he stinks it up Thursday

Ignorance is bliss

I agree that we haven't. 100%

My feeling is, and it will likely be an agree to disagree philosophy, why put in Flacco or white? We know what they are. Maybe start Joe and give Morgan the second half or something like that but if Sam tanks it on Thursday, I would like to see what the rookie has to offer.
    If Sam feels the need to win now? Good. Maybe that's what he needs to get himself on track. Maybe the threat of losing his job causes a different focus.
    No kid gloves.
    Sam, I know, you don't have great skill players at your disposal but that doesn't mean, you can't perform well and elevate the games of others. I see nothing wrong with expecting that. I see nothing wrong with sitting him on the bench for a game or two. I see nothing wrong with holding his feet to the fire.

As I said, I understand your thoughts and they are very, legitimate.
    As are yours.

I just don't want him to question himself or damage his psyche.
    If he plays bad and you bemch him for the 2nd half, that's one thing, but benching for a game is a drastic measure.

Let's just hope 1 of 2 things happen:
    1- Sam somehow gains chemistry with whats around him and turns around this team.
    2- we beat the fish and get the #1 draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    I already on to 2021 draft simulators with this team.

1: R1P1
    QB TREVOR LAWRENCE
    CLEMSON
    30: R1P30
    WR RASHOD BATEMAN
    MINNESOTA
    33: R2P1
    C CREED HUMPHREY
    OKLAHOMA
    65: R3P1
    CB CALEB FARLEY
    VIRGINIA TECH
    93: R3P29
    EDGE SHAKA TONEY
    PENN STATE
    103: R4P1
    RB KENNETH GAINWELL
    MEMPHIS
    142: R5P1
    CB ELIJAH MOLDEN
    WASHINGTON
    143: R5P2
    EDGE CHRIS RUMPH II
    DUKE
    180: R6P1
    OT DILLON RADUNZ
    NORTH DAKOTA STATE
    224: R7P1
    LB NICK BOLTON
    MISSOURI
    253: R7P30
    WR DEZ FITZPATRICK
    LOUISVILLE
    Creed Humphrey at 33 yes please!!!

I donít know, I think weíre in for a <5 win season. Should plant us nicely in the top 5

adam gase is lucky there are no fans at the stadium

Joe Douglas is lucky there are no fans at the stadium

this team is pathetic and a poor excuse of a professionally run organization
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by MrX27 View Post
    Morgan should not play this year, unless its mop up duty in the 4th qtr only.

Darnold should not be benched for any reason, unless he has a stretch of games (like the last one) for multiple weeks.

Just because some of you are upset at the current results doesn't mean all of it is on Darnold.
    The Jets are 0-3, last game was Darnold's only real bad game, and he has no bonafide offensive threat for any defense to concerm themselves with.

Last game:
    0 starting WRs played.
    0 starting RBs played.
    1 starting OT played and he got injured at halftime.

Remind me again what the skill positions are?

Look at all the other young QBs in the league:
    Murray has elite WRs.
    Allen has quality WRs.
    Jackson has quality WRs.
    Wilson has quality WRs.
    Mayfield has quality WRs.
    Burrow has quality WRs.

Darnold ???
    You can't say nothing until you give him something.
    You're right on all points but there comes a point where you have to ask, where has Darnold developed in 2+ years? Is he more accuracte? No. Better decision maker? No. More apt to scamble when available/throw it away when there's nothing? No. I understand everything has been stacked against him but if he continues to display mediocre results without growth then what are you betting on exactly?

Lets say (pipe dream) Jets go out and get Bienemy, draft Penei Sewell to better beef the line sign Golladay & Juju in FA and Bell has a bounce back behind a great line but Darnold continues to show the same habits & tendencies but plays well enough to get an extension we could end up with a Jared Goff type situation.

And if the opposite is true and we have another terrible coaching hire, draft more defensive lineman and strike out again in FA then what is Darnold going to be able to show us that he hasn't already? He doesn't seem to be a guy who can lift the surrounding talent and it'l just delay the inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
    You're right on all points but there comes a point where you have to ask, where has Darnold developed in 2+ years? Is he more accuracte? No. Better decision maker? No. More apt to scamble when available/throw it away when there's nothing? No. I understand everything has been stacked against him but if he continues to display mediocre results without growth then what are you betting on exactly?

Lets say (pipe dream) Jets go out and get Bienemy, draft Penei Sewell to better beef the line sign Golladay & Juju in FA and Bell has a bounce back behind a great line but Darnold continues to show the same habits & tendencies but plays well enough to get an extension we could end up with a Jared Goff type situation.

And if the opposite is true and we have another terrible coaching hire, draft more defensive lineman and strike out again in FA then what is Darnold going to be able to show us that he hasn't already? He doesn't seem to be a guy who can lift the surrounding talent and it'l just delay the inevitable.
    I am not going to say I completely disagree with you on Darnold, but let's be honest with ourselves, this past Sunday we trotted out on the field as our offensive skill players Frank Gore, Braxton Berrios, Chris Hogan, Lawrence Cager, and Chris Herndon. How many of those guys do you think had the Indianapolis defensive coordinator staying awake at night wondering, "how am I going to cover this guy?"

I am one of those people who is not on the Trevor Lawrence bandwagon simply because I don't think he solves the true problems with the Jets and their offense.

I know our skill players are not superstars, but I want to see Darnold on offense (with some freedom to audible) with Bell, Perriman, Mims, Crowder, Berrios, Herndon, and a healthy offensive line all on the field at one time. If he does poorly then, then yes, you question whether Sam is the guy. However, let's say all those guys come back and the Jets are consistently putting up 24, 27 PPG?
    Eichel Tower

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast