Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Serious Question regarding the Season

How many more COVID tests will it take for the league to say ok another team/player tested positive we need to shut it down. Or do they just cancel some games and let others play while those teams that cancelled early make them up. Or do they just give those teams, who tested positive a tie instead of a loss since this is something no one can control.
    I mean if this keeps up we’re gonna have Wednesday and Friday night games because there won’t be enough to cram them into Mondays and Tuesdays.

Vince to Gronk

It's honestly time to start thinking about how they're going to maintain a season.

Solution 1: Do nothing, it blows up, the whole league gets delayed, eventually they have a shortened playoff like NHL/NBA.

Solution 2: reschedule the entire season and give every team 2-3 byes so we can more easily change games out when they need rescheduled for COVID. This moves the SB to around late Feb, they would need to do a playoff bubble where teams don't leave to make it work.

Solution 3: Add makeup weeks between week 17 and the WC round. If games end up not mattering, they won't happen (i.e. if two teams have no way of making playoffs with their makeup game(s) don't play them.)

I'm in favor of option 2. The league needs to figure some **** out, because Pats @ Chiefs is a key game and possibly one of the best games of the season, we really don't need it watered down when it could be rescheduled. I get that right now it's just one player (albeit the most important one), but if they play this game there's gonna be an outbreak.

I know we were all hoping, but did anyone really believe there would be anything remotely resembling a normal season? There's just too many players/coaches on every team and from all over the country, idiots who just don't get how serious it is to follow protocols. This is absolutely gonna blow up at some point. Just no way I can see that it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    I know we were all hoping, but did anyone really believe there would be anything remotely resembling a normal season? There's just too many players/coaches on every team and from all over the country, idiots who just don't get how serious it is to follow protocols. This is absolutely gonna blow up at some point. Just no way I can see that it doesn't.
    Apparently KC's "Cam impersonator" practice QB tested positive, so at minimum, the entire KC starting defense and possibly starting offense has been around him.

I do think the year can still happen, but the league needs to immediately come up with some plans, because it's not even week 4 and we've already got two games that are a threat to infect entire teams. At this rate only a bubble will allow playoffs to not be tainted.