Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Lmfao what? No.

Heís a massive expiring weíll have in the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    Obviously if he doesnít want to be here he doesnít want to be here but we canít just cut him. Thatís a waste of an asset. We need to maximize our assets. Yes we have options that could be serviceable but right now heís by far the best option.

Honestly weíre all speculating on media smoke where theyíre even saying itís speculation which means itís seriously speculation if theyíll even admit it. Letís see how things transpire before we get ahead of ourselves.
    Nooo not cut him. My suggestion is to trade him to cards for Patrick Peterson. Then our d will automatically be better

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Nooo not cut him. My suggestion is to trade him to cards for Patrick Peterson. Then our d will automatically be better
    Why would they want a 400lb, $21.5mil tackle who is out with a soft tissue injury?

And I know peterson is a little older but heís been their defensive captain forever. Guessing they wonít be in a hurry to ship him out.

What GM in their right mind is going to trade for Brown? We're stuck with him. Hopefully he gets healthy if we are lucky enough to get a playoff run.

He might be motivated for a revenge game against the Pats.

Teams that arenít as blessed as us with a good oline. And our backups are better than many teams starters. Many teams are reaching for oline men. His upside is huge and if he was dealt, magically his injury wonít be as bad. Truth

Aaaand Peterson is a fa after this season. He wonít resign there.

Teams that arenít as blessed as us with a good oline. And our backups are better than many teams starters. Many teams are reaching for oline men. His upside is huge and if he was dealt, magically his injury wonít be as bad. Truth
    IF I'm a GM no way I'm taking on that contract on a maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by a60rdie View Post
    IF I'm a GM no way I'm taking on that contract on a maybe...
    Go review the contract. This year is super high but after this year itís actually not bad at all. Mid season trades are unlikely but an offseason trade makes sense.

If you can get out of the contract next year a GM would certainly be interested in a premier LT. It would bring his trade value down maybe. I know last year a few teams reached out to the Redskins for Trent Williams. Iím guessing there is a reason it keeps getting leaked the Raiders are not happy with Brown. With injuries piling up and some good teams with good young quarterbacks in need of a LT or stick him on the right like the Raiders. I donít see any reason why we canít get at least a 5th and a 3rd like Washington got with their Trent

Aaaand Peterson is a fa after this season. He wonít resign there.
    Why not? They finally look good and on the upswing. Kyler is legit.

Of course they look good. The 49rs are a struggling franchise that have a lot of issues. And beat a very bad Washington team. Next up lions for them. 3 bad teams with tons of issues. Of course he looks good. The gm has constantly tried to upgrade the oline. They even tried to get veldheer out of retirement to play for them. So would they be interested in brown trade? Yes to protect the over rated qb they have. Not hard to throw for 300 when you run 4/5 wide formations for 94 percent of the snaps

Is Trent Brown gonna play against the Bills?

Quote Originally Posted by mberr View Post
    Where is all this Veldheer talk coming from lately? People (just you?) have been posting about him recently. I thought he had been mediocre dsince signing with the Cards, but I guess he must've been OK since the Pats still signed him to a $6.5M deal last year before he retired.

I saw that he worked out with the Cowboys but he turned down a $2.5M offer from them and choose to retire instead (kind of sounds like he just wants to get paid). There are a lot of other teams in need of OT help (Bucs, Eagles) but I don't see a lot of interest for him. At this point, do you really think he'd be better than Young or Good?
    I think heís better than Goode. Not better than young. But young canít stay healthy. So do we keep getting raped by defenders cuz good and company canít passblock or try to bring someone in slightly better?

I think heís better than Goode. Not better than young. But young canít stay healthy. So do we keep getting raped by defenders cuz good and company canít passblock or try to bring someone in slightly better?
    Oh ok, thanks for the context. Well, I think it was to be expected that Good would give up some plays at tackle. He played well in the first 2 games, but as skilled as he may be, he's a guard for a reason. Remember how Robert Gallery went from a meh RT, to an all-time bust at LT, and finally a borderline probowl player at guard? Of course, Belichick being who he is, I'm sure the Pats made it a point to target Cotton (and Simpson) in their defensive schemes in different ways.

I know Simpson is a rookie, but IIRC, he didn't look great either. Incognito can't come back soon enough. What happened to Lester Cotton? I thought they looked him so I'm surprised that he didn't make the team. I didn't even know he was cut. And what's up with Patrick Omameh? Is he good?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast