Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Have we Seen the Last of Trent Brown??

I'm getting a weird feeling that this dude may be gone soon. Kind of Similar to Antonio Brown before things got really out of hand. I'm hearing he has the same agent? Can someone confirm?

I'm going to make a prediction and say that he may never see another snap with the Raiders this season. I hope I'm wrong, but his demeanor during and after the game seemed like he didn't want to be there.

It's kind of like being on a bad date that you can't wait to get out of.

One thing about Chucky and Mayock is they dont keep guys on the team if they dont want to be there.

Why not trade him and get some help on defense? Get some guys that can apply some pressure on the QB. This seems like a major need and I wouldn't be opposed to a strong corner to go along Abrams.

Our Offensive line obviously wont be as dynamic, but I feel good enough to still give Carr enough time. D. Good played ok considering he was just thrown out there.

What do you guys think? Move on before stuff gets out in the Media about Trent Brown? He looks like he doesn't even want to play football.

Here is an interesting article..

https://www.raidersbeat.com/whats-re...xplanations-2/

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Swift Game; 09-22-2020 at 06:17 PM.

[/SIGPIC]
    [/IMG]

First

"...prone to stoogery.".

The running games looks OK without him......so who cares? BTW, what is he pissed about?

Not sure if this even applies, just throwing it out there, but couldnít covid be a concern? Maybe heís worried? I think people who are bigger might have health concerns with getting it.

Then again, maybe heís got it? I really dont buy the low numbers that the NFL is reporting. Look at that photo again of the celebration. Any masks? Distancing? Iím not gonna judge anyone or anything right now.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Not sure if this even applies, just throwing it out there, but couldnít covid be a concern? Maybe heís worried? I think people who are bigger might have health concerns with getting it.

Then again, maybe heís got it? I really dont buy the low numbers that the NFL is reporting. Look at that photo again of the celebration. Any masks? Distancing? Iím not gonna judge anyone or anything right now.
    Trent Brown has been missing games for minor injuries dating back to his time with San Francisco. He's not a guy who will sacrifice his body and never has been. Raiders should have already known that before signing him if they did their research.

But to answer the question. No he's not going anywhere. Not only would it be foolish to trade your best tackle but no one will give you anything of value for his current contract

That changes drastically in the off-season. His contract goes down to super manageable asset. The issue is his value will be trash if he doesnít turn up and play.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Trent Brown has been missing games for minor injuries dating back to his time with San Francisco. He's not a guy who will sacrifice his body and never has been. Raiders should have already known that before signing him if they did their research.

But to answer the question. No he's not going anywhere. Not only would it be foolish to trade your best tackle but no one will give you anything of value for his current contract
    Missing games is one thing. My comments were directed more at the photo. And his reaction and lack of involvement in the celebration.

The value in trading Trent Brown is that you get out of that contract. Instant cap space now and in the future. If you got nothing in return it wouldn't be a bad trade. Plus you would get rid of a guy that is going to start getting more and more attention for all the wrong reasons.

I just don't see anyone trading for him without the Raiders eating some money by actually rewarding the guy by converting some of his contract to a bonus before moving him. No one is going to take that 21.5M cap hit this year unless they are unloading another bad contract in return like Alshon Jeffery's for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by MackAttack88 View Post
    The value in trading Trent Brown is that you get out of that contract. Instant cap space now and in the future. If you got nothing in return it wouldn't be a bad trade. Plus you would get rid of a guy that is going to start getting more and more attention for all the wrong reasons.

I just don't see anyone trading for him without the Raiders eating some money by actually rewarding the guy by converting some of his contract to a bonus before moving him. No one is going to take that 21.5M cap hit this year unless they are unloading another bad contract in return like Alshon Jeffery's for instance.
    If memory serves we can cut him at the end of the year with no or little hit.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    If memory serves we can cut him at the end of the year with no or little hit.
    Yes, no dead cap hit after this season.

Quote Originally Posted by FarOutIos View Post
    Missing games is one thing. My comments were directed more at the photo. And his reaction and lack of involvement in the celebration.
    I wouldn't look too much into that. He was hurt and only played 3 snaps that game. What frustrates me more is his unwillingness to man up and play through injury

Quote Originally Posted by MackAttack88 View Post

His contract is not that bad after this year. We can get out of it with no dead cap. I don't see a trade happening. If Raiders want to be elite on offense they will need him

Quote Originally Posted by TrueFan420 View Post
    That changes drastically in the off-season. His contract goes down to super manageable asset. The issue is his value will be trash if he doesnít turn up and play.
    I would love to have brown, but if he wants to go, then bye. We have young waiting in the wings and next year there are a lot of good ots coming out at 1/10 the price. And young looks good if heís healthy. Or put good at ot and put cotton at og. Or sign veldheer to the team. He will come out of retirement for one year for us. He loves the raiders. So many options. A lot of good ots will come out of the draft this year.
    Last edited by Megatron; 09-23-2020 at 12:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    I would love to have brown, but if he wants to go, then bye. We have young waiting in the wings and next year there are a lot of good ots coming out at 1/10 the price. And young looks good if heís healthy. Or put good at ot and put cotton at og. Or sign veldheer to the team. He will come out of retirement for one year for us. He loves the raiders. So many options. A lot of good ots will come out of the draft this year.
    Obviously if he doesnít want to be here he doesnít want to be here but we canít just cut him. Thatís a waste of an asset. We need to maximize our assets. Yes we have options that could be serviceable but right now heís by far the best option.

Honestly weíre all speculating on media smoke where theyíre even saying itís speculation which means itís seriously speculation if theyíll even admit it. Letís see how things transpire before we get ahead of ourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Or sign veldheer to the team. He will come out of retirement for one year for us. He loves the raiders.
    Where is all this Veldheer talk coming from lately? People (just you?) have been posting about him recently. I thought he had been mediocre dsince signing with the Cards, but I guess he must've been OK since the Pats still signed him to a $6.5M deal last year before he retired.

I saw that he worked out with the Cowboys but he turned down a $2.5M offer from them and choose to retire instead (kind of sounds like he just wants to get paid). There are a lot of other teams in need of OT help (Bucs, Eagles) but I don't see a lot of interest for him. At this point, do you really think he'd be better than Young or Good?
    Last edited by mberr; 09-23-2020 at 09:43 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast