Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    It means that it will happen regardless of what is said during the confirmation hearing. Trump is seeing absolutely horrendous polling numbers across the country including states that should be a layup. But the Supreme Court is a unifying aspect of the conservative right. Hell even the Lincoln Project backed off to allow a conservative to replace Ruth Bader Ginsburg to get replaced.
    Damn, the betting odds probably be changing like crazy when events like this happen.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Damn, the betting odds probably be changing like crazy when events like this happen.

Trump's current moneyline to win re-election is +110. It was -110 about a month ago and +130 about a month previous to that. Honestly, I wish I had placed a bet on him at +130, because I doubt the line is going to be that good again. Missed opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Trump's current moneyline to win re-election is +110. It was -110 about a month ago and +130 about a month previous to that. Honestly, I wish I had placed a bet on him at +130, because I doubt the line is going to be that good again. Missed opportunity.
    Who's making these lines.

Shoulda been way below -130 in january, and way above +130 before RBG death.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Who's making these lines.

Shoulda been way below -130 in january, and way above +130 before RBG death.

Vegas

Let's hope the line goes way above +130 again because I'm ready to go with about $5k that says Trump wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    While true to an extent the level of vetting will get much more complete now.
    she was vetted to an extent already. would they want to do more?

https://www.young.senate.gov/newsroo...urt-of-appeals

Senator Todd Young released the following statement upon the news that President Donald Trump will nominate Notre Dame Law School Professor Amy Coney Barrett to the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals.

ďI could not be more pleased with the nomination of Amy Coney Barrett to the federal bench. During the vetting process, I had the chance to interview Mrs. Barrett and expressed to the White House my belief that she would be a home run pick. Iím glad the President views her with as much regard as I do. With this selection, President Trump continues to demonstrate a knack for nominating individuals to the federal bench who will faithfully interpret the Constitution of the United States. Mrs. Barrettís qualifications should make for a swift, bipartisan confirmation process.Ē

no doubt the other side is digging up whatever dirt they can find.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    the shortest it's ever taken to complete this process is 47 days....it's 46 days to election day
    ...the norm is like 72

....however, we also don't know how long it's going to take to know results of the election
    where did you get this?

multiple people were less.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/16/u...eme-court.html
    Justice Stevens was confirmed 19 days after his nomination, by a unanimous vote.
    https://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/04/09...ing/index.html
    Recently John Roberts was confirmed as Chief Justice only 24 days after being named as the nominee
    Sandra Day OíConnor was 33 days.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    What's the difference you'll ***** about it either way.

Could be Lagoa, too.
    Iíve only read a little about her. Doesnít seem that bad so far.

But Gorsuch didnít seem bad and now heís ruled in favor of corporations over and over again, killing unions.

And yeah, Iím liberal and a conservative justice is being appointed. Of course Iíll complain. Why wouldnít I? You should be able relate. Every post is an aggressive rant. I donít know the last even keeled conversation Iíve seen you have.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    from the other thread..

when anyone says something like Democrats should start playing dirty, as if they are not already, they are full of ****.
    They are politically weak. They lose always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what do you mean by vetted? she was someone considered before when Kavanaugh was named.
    From what Iíve read, she hasnít been vetted by their team the same way as others on the list and it could slow the process a bit. She did have a hearing just a few years ago before her Appeals Court appointment so itís not like sheís off the street of course.

Itíll be the same questioning again. How her catholic faith plays into decisions. All in all, this should be cleaner than Kavanaugh, but the fight will be about process, not the person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RBG got 96 votes in her appointment.

Can you imagine that kind of consensus today on any appointment by any president?

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    RBG got 96 votes in her appointment.

Can you imagine that kind of consensus today on any appointment by any president?
    And she was extremely qualified. The assumption is that whomever Trump will appoint will also be. But we've really only got Bart O'Kavanaugh, drunk advocate, to judge the qualifications of his nominees against. So yea, that's not a good track record. We still don't know who paid off Bart's massive credit card debt off. Between $60,000 and $200,000 of credit card debt just vanished from Bart's ledger...
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

she was vetted to an extent already. would they want to do more?

https://www.young.senate.gov/newsroo...urt-of-appeals

no doubt the other side is digging up whatever dirt they can find.
    She will absolutely be vetted more.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And she was extremely qualified. The assumption is that whomever Trump will appoint will also be. But we've really only got Bart O'Kavanaugh, drunk advocate, to judge the qualifications of his nominees against. So yea, that's not a good track record. We still don't know who paid off Bart's massive credit card debt off. Between $60,000 and $200,000 of credit card debt just vanished from Bart's ledger...
    Well Gorsuch was a good pick. I can argue all day about things I donít like about his rulings, but ultimately he was well approved by the ABA. The partisan vote (although Gorsuch got a few Dem votes) was more about a statement of process than the person. And thatís what weíre about to see again I assume.

Kavanaugh was just a train wreck from beginning to end. Hard right nominee. 80+ ethics complaints and vocal opposition by legal organizations. I think even the aba pulled support at one point.

Dems certainly played a partisan game but it overshadowed actual legit issues with him. And so the GOP stuck to the fight for the sake of fighting and knowing they could win in the senate.

In any normal political climate, the president would have withdrawn the nomination and put someone else out there knowing theyíll get a conservative appointment one way or another, but at least clear the issue of an unethical background.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    She will absolutely be vetted more.
    Yup. Itís just part of the process.

Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast