Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It's funny that conservatives are only for compromise after they get what they want. The truth is you only want to compromise after you get what you want; and that's not how compromise works.

The time for logical compromise was over Barrett's nomination, now, that time is over.
    because Pelosi has been all about compromise
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    because Pelosi has been all about compromise
    While I agree in sentiment, it's a bad time to be bringing this up considering Pelosi was the one negotiating the next stimulus bill with the White House and it was Trump who: broke off negotiations before re-engaging in them and McConnell who: told Trump not to negotiate and ended the Senate session to prevent a stimulus bill.

So the most recent example actually shows Pelosi being the one compromising.

that Christians complain about people saying Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas because they're the Karen of US religions
    All religions are the Karens of US religions. They all ***** and moan about being victimized despite almost always being the victimizer.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

that Christians complain about people saying Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas because they're the Karen of US religions
    Very Karen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

While I agree in sentiment, it's a bad time to be bringing this up considering Pelosi was the one negotiating the next stimulus bill with the White House and it was Trump who: broke off negotiations before re-engaging in them and McConnell who: told Trump not to negotiate and ended the Senate session to prevent a stimulus bill.

So the most recent example actually shows Pelosi being the one compromising.
    she was still refusing to give up some non-Covid pork that should have never been in the bill.....from what I'd read, unless that all went away recently

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    All religions are the Karens of US religions. They all ***** and moan about being victimized despite almost always being the victimizer.
    Well we already know the high opinion you have of Christians.
    We all lack common sense and the ability to think logically, yes?

For 'they all' to be remotely close to the truth, this *****ing and moaning would have to be significantly more prevalent.

she was still refusing to give up some non-Covid pork that should have never been in the bill.....from what I'd read, unless that all went away recently
    I'm sure she was, and I'm sure Republicans were pushing some of their objectives that had nothing to do with Covid relief; that's negotiation.

But she wasn't the one who walked away.

I'm sure she was, and I'm sure Republicans were pushing some of their objectives that had nothing to do with Covid relief; that's negotiation.

But she wasn't the one who walked away.
    I'm sorry, were you expecting me to defend Trump?
    All I inferred was that none of 'em are exactly good at compromising.

I'm sorry, were you expecting me to defend Trump?
    All I inferred was that none of 'em are exactly good at compromising.
    My point has nothing to do with whether each side is good at compromising, only whether they are willing.

Republicans (such as Sluggo) only want to compromise on the Supreme Court now that they got what they want. That isn't compromise at all. The time for compromise was with Barrett.

That time is over.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The irony of your post I am sure went right over your head.

My point has nothing to do with whether each side is good at compromising, only whether they are willing.

Republicans (such as Sluggo) only want to compromise on the Supreme Court now that they got what they want. That isn't compromise at all. The time for compromise was with Barrett.

That time is over.
    98-0 votes for Scalia. Near unanimous.
    52-48 for Barrett.

Both ACB and Scalia are very aligned in philosophy and constitutional law. So what changed? The politics is incredibly divided right now. Compromise is out of the question...

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    98-0 votes for Scalia. Near unanimous.
    52-48 for Barrett.

Both ACB and Scalia are very aligned in philosophy and constitutional law. So what changed? The politics is incredibly divided right now. Compromise is out of the question...
    What changed in those specific instances is the the GOP didn't push Scalia through in 30 days right before an election while blocking a Democratic governor's nomination 8 months before an election because "it was too close to the election".

The politics on the SC is certainly divided right now, and pushing through a nominee so close to the election increased that division. Like I said, the time for compromise was then, not now.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Pretty much.

Saw this post coming from a mile away.

Lofl
    and what is it you find funny about this?
    I haven't been remotely shy about saying I'm a Christian. I have always tried to have civil discussions about the various subjects discussed without bashing people for their opinions or beliefs as much as possible. So again, what here is funny to you? And how does my questioning his comment somehow prove that calling Christians Karens prove he's right?

Here we go again.

I clearly outlined what I thought was funny: valade's comment about Muslims vs. Christians and your predictably defensive response. Nowhere did I make or infer the claim that you "questioning his comment somehow prove that calling Christians Karens prove he's right".

There are many atheists in this forum, some of them aren't too polite when they talk about religion....it is what it is. I've called some of them out from time to time as well. They ain't changing anytime soon though, so either get over it, ignore it, or learn to have a sense of humor about other people's perspectives. What valade said wasn't even especially offensive in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Here we go again.

I clearly outlined what I thought was funny: valade's comment about Muslims vs. Christians and your predictably defensive response. Nowhere did I make or infer the claim that you "questioning his comment somehow prove that calling Christians Karens prove he's right".

There are many atheists in this forum, some of them aren't too polite when they talk about religion....it is what it is. I've called some of them out from time to time as well. They ain't changing anytime soon though, so either get over it, ignore it, or learn to have a sense of humor about other people's perspectives. What valade said wasn't even especially offensive in my book.
    Well, you finally got one right. You've called me defensive numerous times and were wrong every time.
    Until your also predictable response that I was being defensive here.
    When it comes to my core beliefs, I will most certainly defend them.
    lol @ clearly outlining what you found funny

"Karen is a pejorative term for someone perceived as entitled or demanding beyond the scope of what is appropriate or necessary."

no idea why I'd not particularly enjoy that reference

Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast