Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    And do you need this again (posted numerous times)?

ďBidenís remarks didnít spark much reaction at the time. No rule was formalized.
    Never once said it was. Way to strawman!!

Again it's the Biden rule. You can blame him for the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I assumed he was talking about pork barrel politics. Ex. put this in the bill and I'll support it.
    Did you get a chance to figure out how the electoral college system works, yet? I think you should educate yourself on that before, you know... voting?

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post

Again it's the Biden rule. You can blame him for the idea.
    Suit yourself. Self-deception is bliss.

there's a whole lot of THAT goin' on all over the place these days
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

It can be for sure. The left kinda is dead on with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    It can be for sure. The left kinda is dead on with that one.
    Left, right, center. No difference.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    no I don't. you don't pay attention.

I have said that Trump should not have said what he did, but that I understood why and the reasoning behind it. even if I didn't agree with what he said.

even the Muslims that would be prevented from going to America, that doesn't mean they are radical Islam either. the entire reason is the countries that don't help in vetting, which makes it difficult to know who would be radical and who would be normal.

if you don't know who would be radical, what do you do? let them all in and hope that whatever radicals slip through don't kill Americans, again like 9/11?

this was the reasoning that the Obama administration first identified countries of concern. Obama didn't hate Muslims either.
    I dont want to come off as complaining,but want you to understand english. Maybe my white friends oceanspray and Jack can help you.

Can we get a English lesson in here..?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Why can't the dems just lose once in a while and just take it.

Politics is cyclical. The worm will turn and the dems will have the advantageÖprobably in a week or so.

Packing the court is just a terrible idea. Cases come before the SC one at a time. The justices don't divvy them up Öthree judges here, four judges over there, two judges for the easy cases. They are heard one at a time in front of nine judges. The nine judges are supposed to be the finest legal minds in the country.

There is no reason to believe that nine top legal minds cannot intelligently come to a legal decisionÖÖexcept it is not a decision you like. So let's add more that think like me. That's not really court packing as much as court fixing. This is just like criminal court in a backwater county. Blacks want a black jury, whites want a white jury etc.The point of law becomes irrelevant.

Seems like it would be easier to keep the nine and just bribe them to get what you want.

Packing the court, as mentioned, is a bad idea in so many ways. And you can't remove judges. Pack a court and the pres doesn't have to appoint judges foe an opening. That will happen. Pack a court and it won't stop at 11,13,15,17,19 (I sense a pattern here). You cannot add term limits without a constitutional amendment (good luck with that).

You probably could enact a law specifying time frames:
    SC justice croaks or retiresÖpres has 14 days to nominate a judge (he already has a list)
    Senate has 30 days to confirm or deny
    If no confirmation or denial is made within 30 daysÖnominee is automatically approved.
    Senators must state a valid reason to deny a nomineeÖnot just party line, not just a disagreement over a point of law. Reason could be challenged by other senators with a rapid hearing by an impartial board. (Maybe a quick decision by the SC itselfÖshouldn't take all that long). Senators without a valid reason would have their vote not count and the majority number would be reduced. If this happened a few times, they would take their vote seriously (Hi Mazie).

Similar set up for lower court judges.

Having specific time frames would prevent McConnell like intentional delays in keeping presidential appointments from happening.

I am all for logical compromise. Packing the courtÖan emphatic no.

ÖÖÖÖ

Side note: With all the dems loving how all the youth of the country is changing the country for the better (in their eyes), why are't they excited about this youthful SC judge???? Just wondering.
    It's funny that conservatives are only for compromise after they get what they want. The truth is you only want to compromise after you get what you want; and that's not how compromise works.

The time for logical compromise was over Barrett's nomination, now, that time is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Honest inquiry here. Did you convert to Muslim just so you can complain about being a victim? I mean, some people are into that sort of thing.
    Well Muslims in this country are complaining about a President who wants to stop all Muslims from entering the country and Christians in this country are complaining about people saying "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas".

So if he really wanted to feel like the victim, he'd convert to Christianity, the Karen of US religions.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Well Muslims in this country are complaining about a President who wants to stop all Muslims from entering the country and Christians in this country are complaining about people saying "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas".

So if he really wanted to feel like the victim, he'd convert to Christianity, the Karen of US religions.
    oh please, really?

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    oh please, really?
    See?

See?
    see what...that you're making an unfounded claim?

see what...that you're making an unfounded claim?
    Which claim did he make was unfounded and baseless?

Quote Originally Posted by OceanSpray View Post
    Which claim did he make was unfounded and baseless?
    that Christians complain about people saying Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas because they're the Karen of US religions

Pretty much.

oh please, really?
    Saw this post coming from a mile away.

See?
    Lofl

Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast