Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    English please
    Let me translate: both sides

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I can think of an instance. One just came up, Trumps tax returns.
    A. You posted once that thread after my question. How was I supposed to have seen an example you hadnít even done yet?

B. You didnít even comment on his tax returns in his thread, you merely commented on how Trump likes to talk about himself. Which, if thatís your great not both sides proof it is the strongest proof yet you both sides everything.
    Last edited by valade16; 09-27-2020 at 09:25 PM.

English please
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Let me translate: both sides

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

English please
    Okay I'll try again for you.

It's harder to read and research the issues with politics and party politics regardless of party than it is to say "My party good, them party bad!"

A. You posted once that thread after my question. How was I supposed to have seen an example you hadnít even done yet?

B. You didnít even comment on his tax returns in his thread, you merely commented on how Trump likes to talk about himself. Which, if thatís your great not both sides proof it is the strongest proof yet you both sides everything.
    You didn't ask for an example in the past.

How is it both sides if I only talk about one person?

It is a thread about Trump being a piece of **** and I pointed out that all he's ever cared about is himself. How is that both sides?

Okay I'll try again for you.

It's harder to read and research the issues with politics and party politics regardless of party than it is to say "My party good, them party bad!"
    Reading and researching issues would often result in specific responses though around that context. Saying ďboth parties badĒ isnít actually doing that it is just a similar team approach, just without choosing a specific team and saying both bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You didn't ask for an example in the past.

How is it both sides if I only talk about one person?

It is a thread about Trump being a piece of **** and I pointed out that all he's ever cared about is himself. How is that both sides?
    Dude everyone on planet earth agrees he is self-centered, even his most ardent defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Reading and researching issues would often result in specific responses though around that context. Saying ďboth parties badĒ isnít actually doing that it is just a similar team approach, just without choosing a specific team and saying both bad.
    What I've found is that my "team" is a repressed and suppressed part of the Democrat team. It's what disillusioned me about the Democrat party. They say one thing but do another. Hillary and Joe have been jammed down our throats in what to me are incredibly damaging ways. It pisses me off. So yeah, I can see the **** wrong with the Republican party, but I can see that they may actually be more honest than my own party when it comes to saying what they mean and backing it up. I honestly want the current Democrat party to fall apart, and I think when that happens will be our best chance to get a Democratic party I can agree or at least believe in. In 2016 Bernie was screwed, in 2020 he and many others were screwed and we get Creepy Uncle Joe and Kamala "what position would you like me to have" Harris as our only choice opposite Trump/Pence? No, I'm pissed and I choose none of the above.

When I vote I generally vote Democrat if I care about the position and the person I'm voting for has shown a shred of character, but barring that I vote against the incumbent. I think our best bet is to get the old leadership out and replace them with some new blood.

So yeah, I'm suspect any time the party says anything, and when people condemn the GOP for something I've seen my party do I'm going to point it out because **** them. I want them to lose so they need to change.

The fact that I'm a language pedant also means I'm going to make the occasional semantic argument, but oh well, such is life.

Dude everyone on planet earth agrees he is self-centered, even his most ardent defenders.
    He's not self-centered. Some really nice people are self-centered. He ONLY cares about himself. I honestly think that if half the people on the planet died in a snap he wouldn't even notice unless he could spin it for himself.

The fact that I'm a language pedant also means I'm going to make the occasional semantic argument, but oh well, such is life.
    That's because of your white half, scoots. [emoji846]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

What I've found is that my "team" is a repressed and suppressed part of the Democrat team. It's what disillusioned me about the Democrat party. They say one thing but do another. Hillary and Joe have been jammed down our throats in what to me are incredibly damaging ways. It pisses me off. So yeah, I can see the **** wrong with the Republican party, but I can see that they may actually be more honest than my own party when it comes to saying what they mean and backing it up. I honestly want the current Democrat party to fall apart, and I think when that happens will be our best chance to get a Democratic party I can agree or at least believe in. In 2016 Bernie was screwed, in 2020 he and many others were screwed and we get Creepy Uncle Joe and Kamala "what position would you like me to have" Harris as our only choice opposite Trump/Pence? No, I'm pissed and I choose none of the above.

When I vote I generally vote Democrat if I care about the position and the person I'm voting for has shown a shred of character, but barring that I vote against the incumbent. I think our best bet is to get the old leadership out and replace them with some new blood.

So yeah, I'm suspect any time the party says anything, and when people condemn the GOP for something I've seen my party do I'm going to point it out because **** them. I want them to lose so they need to change.

Well I don't disagree with you in the idea both teams suck or that one team is more "honest" with Trumpism but that doesn't make the negatives of said approach better just because they are more open about how bad they are. In fact that is often what people are pointing out to you is just how bad it is. You can often assume the worst of either side but the level to which they clearly cross lines are different, even if it seems more honest to be more extremely partisan at this point. I agree that Sanders and even Yang/Warren/Pete or whoever for the most part is better, they are still dems though. The establishment dems are not the entirety of the party and there is a section at least pushing for change (in fact Biden has drastically changed his previous stances to cater to this group overall).

The issue is voting out someone with a worse person isn't better. You need to vote based on the individuals not just based on some other criteria like being the incumbent. I think the best bet is the better individuals and when you see a majority of one party behind someone like Trump that becomes pretty common sense to most. New blood isn't better as I believe Trump himself would be an example of.

The best way to actually force change is to stop giving the dems an out. There is a clear and obvious worse, playing both sides isn't helping at all. It is excusing the worse. Dems won't change unless forced to and by allowing clear worse like Trumpism you are allowing dems not to change (why we have Biden after Hillary). The establishment will drop as low as it can while pointing to the other side in a similar manner you do with "both sides". They just make it about them being one step ahead because the reality is they are. We need to stop giving them that out and HOLD PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE. You made that point yourself but never seem to want to do so when it comes to calling out specifics. You just both sides.

I don't care about semantics as much as I do as common sense approaches. I think you often take the similar approach to the team game you just "both sides" instead of one specific side. It's better but not by very much and when it comes to actual change doesn't help at all. We all know both sides suck if we are talking people not solely focused on their side winning etc. The next step is deciphering who sucks more on certain issues. Getting people who regularly suck out more. It's not always a both sides thing in equal form. I know you never say equal but you never make distinctions either so it is a pretty similar approach.

He's not self-centered. Some really nice people are self-centered. He ONLY cares about himself. I honestly think that if half the people on the planet died in a snap he wouldn't even notice unless he could spin it for himself.
    More language pendantism. My point was: pretty much everyone but the most ardent Trump supporter admits he has an extreme sense of narcissism.

That example is in no way illustrative of your refusal to play both sides. Heck, you didn't even comment on the topic of the thread (tax returns). I'm betting if you did, it would indeed be some form of both sides on how Democrats cheat the tax system too or some other both sides in response to Trump's alleged tax information release.

This seems very heartfelt and I appreciate that. I think it's obvious you have extreme self-loathing for the Democratic party (despite you professing you identify as Democrat), and that is why you constantly both sides anything negative towards Republicans.

If you think the Democrats are worse than Republicans, you should probably switch parties.

That would make him extremely self-centered actually.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Well I don't disagree with you in the idea both teams suck or that one team is more "honest" with Trumpism but that doesn't make the negatives of said approach better just because they are more open about how bad they are. In fact that is often what people are pointing out to you is just how bad it is. You can often assume the worst of either side but the level to which they clearly cross lines are different, even if it seems more honest to be more extremely partisan at this point. I agree that Sanders and even Yang/Warren/Pete or whoever for the most part is better, they are still dems though. The establishment dems are not the entirety of the party and there is a section at least pushing for change (in fact Biden has drastically changed his previous stances to cater to this group overall).

The issue is voting out someone with a worse person isn't better. You need to vote based on the individuals not just based on some other criteria like being the incumbent. I think the best bet is the better individuals and when you see a majority of one party behind someone like Trump that becomes pretty common sense to most. New blood isn't better as I believe Trump himself would be an example of.

The best way to actually force change is to stop giving the dems an out. There is a clear and obvious worse, playing both sides isn't helping at all. It is excusing the worse. Dems won't change unless forced to and by allowing clear worse like Trumpism you are allowing dems not to change (why we have Biden after Hillary). The establishment will drop as low as it can while pointing to the other side in a similar manner you do with "both sides". They just make it about them being one step ahead because the reality is they are. We need to stop giving them that out and HOLD PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE. You made that point yourself but never seem to want to do so when it comes to calling out specifics. You just both sides.

I don't care about semantics as much as I do as common sense approaches. I think you often take the similar approach to the team game you just "both sides" instead of one specific side. It's better but not by very much and when it comes to actual change doesn't help at all. We all know both sides suck if we are talking people not solely focused on their side winning etc. The next step is deciphering who sucks more on certain issues. Getting people who regularly suck out more. It's not always a both sides thing in equal form. I know you never say equal but you never make distinctions either so it is a pretty similar approach.
    "There's no way to properly rank human beings"

Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast