Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    Itís such a futile argument to point out ďhypocrisyĒ since itís everywhere.
    For sure ó though, as in most cases, to varying degrees.

The democrats didnít have an issue with a lame duck president nominating a justice in an election year in 2016. They have an issue with it now in 2020.
    Wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    I realize I'm wasting keystrokes on you, but you realize that McConnell would have nuked the filibuster for federal judges if Reid hadn't right? If you think he wouldn't have you're delusional to the point of madness. The only way he would not have would be if he didn't need to due to having enough spineless Dems voting for his judges. Hell, McConnell nuked the filibuster for SCOTUS judges. Reid did what he had to do at the time to get Obama's judges through since Republicans would have kept filibustering them.

I support eliminating all filibusters, they are insanely undemocratic and prevents anything from getting passed.
    And the Dems started the filibuster tactic on nominees in 2003. Round and round.

Itís such a futile argument to point out ďhypocrisyĒ since itís everywhere. The democrats didnít have an issue with a lame duck president nominating a justice in an election year in 2016. They have an issue with it now in 2020. Why? Party lines. And itís reverse for Republicans now. Why? Because party lines. Silly to try and pretend like one side is any different than the other on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    For sure ó though, as in most cases, to varying degrees.

Wrong.

how is it wrong. did Democrats support then President Obama nominating Garland, or not?

can you or anyone name a time with a Supreme Court opening, that the President at the time did not nominate someone, regardless of how close it was to an election?

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Gotta be honest, been reading about Trumps pick and obviously itís going to be a long standing conservative skewing the court for a while, BUT we knew the pick wouldnít be moderate....so among the conservatives that were in the running and rumored, sheís the best and most qualified among them.

Would of course want a moderate like Garland (or liberal for balance), but in the world of conservative justices itís a good pick.
    I agree. She also said that she wouldn't use her personal positions on things to make her decisions, and her record supposedly supports that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I agree. She also said that she wouldn't use her personal positions on things to make her decisions, and her record supposedly supports that position.
    As it should be. The SC should not be political at all.

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    As it should be. The SC should not be political at all.
    I agree. I'm not sure all the justices agree, and I'm certain the political parties don't agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    I'm sorry, haven't the Dems picked up 40 House seats and 8 governorships since 2018? Or did I dream that up?
    Well if the makes no difference regarding judge nominees, then you are dreaming its effect up...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    how is Amy Coney Barrett dangerous?

Cuz she's catholic.

I thought in the other thread you said catholic is the new muslim...

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

She is dangerous to any progressive law that has been established in the last 40 or so years.

But thatís the way things have gone in the last 4 years and thatís what the people have allowed the GOP to do to try to revert back to older times.

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    No, blame the people taking actions that are dumb.

Reid was dumb.

McConnell is a spineless turd.

And youíll do anything in your very, very limited and undereducated power to #backtheblue because #alllivesmatterwhenitispoliticallyconvenient
    The party of personal responsibility is telling us to blame other people. The time of death of irony has been called.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Well if the makes no difference regarding judge nominees, then you are dreaming its effect up...

No but the Dems had the worst Senate map in history, they did okay considering that. Florida still hurts though. They had no business losing that. They held onto a bunch of seats in Trump states and picked up Nevada and Arizona.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Gotta be honest, been reading about Trumps pick and obviously itís going to be a long standing conservative skewing the court for a while, BUT we knew the pick wouldnít be moderate....so among the conservatives that were in the running and rumored, sheís the best and most qualified among them.

Would of course want a moderate like Garland (or liberal for balance), but in the world of conservative justices itís a good pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When the court takes its stab at Obamacare, Roe, or any number of important liberal programs; I hope some people (including myself) think long an hard about whether voting 3rd party was the right idea in 2016. My vote wasnít going to swing the balance. VA went strong for Clinton (with or without Kaine) but it was still the wrong decision. I let great be the enemy of good.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Cuz she's catholic.

I thought in the other thread you said catholic is the new muslim...

I asked how she is dangerous. is your answer that you are saying she is dangerous simply for being Catholic. I don't think you want to say that.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    She is dangerous to any progressive law that has been established in the last 40 or so years.

But thatís the way things have gone in the last 4 years and thatís what the people have allowed the GOP to do to try to revert back to older times.
    so because of her opinion and beliefs, that are different than the other side. if this makes her dangerous, then the people saying this are bigots.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    how is it wrong. did Democrats support then President Obama nominating Garland, or not?

can you or anyone name a time with a Supreme Court opening, that the President at the time did not nominate someone, regardless of how close it was to an election?
    Wake up. Democrats are not upset that Trump nominated Barrett, but that McConnell and the Senate are blatantly and hypocritically backsliding on their actions from 2016.

Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast