Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Wtf? The abortion issue in america is completely and entirely predicated on religion. Of course theres reason to bring it up. What a ridiculous post.
    The abortion issue in Anerica is largely predicated on religion, not entirely.

And, yes, his post was nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I remember schooling Scoots on this a while ago.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Wtf? The abortion issue in america is completely and entirely predicated on religion. Of course theres reason to bring it up. What a ridiculous post.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    being against Amy Coney Barrett because of her religion is bigoted.

this is the same type of thing people used against Trump when he called for a Muslim bad. but it's okay if it's a different religion?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post

this is the same type of thing people used against Trump when he called for a Muslim bad. but it's okay if it's a different religion?
    Yes, it is, and no one is expressing that. It is a matter of whether she would push her religion on the rest of us with her decision on the supreme court which would be just as bad as a Muslim supreme court justice pushing Sharia law of us.
    WE STILL KNOW WHERE THE PITCHFORKS ARE:Beau of the Fifth Column, you tube.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    The abortion issue in Anerica is largely predicated on religion, not entirely.

And, yes, his post was nonsense.
    This is very true. There is definitely a misogynistic component of the opposition to safe abortion access that is entirely outside of religion.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Yes, it is, and no one is expressing that. It is a matter of whether she would push her religion on the rest of us with her decision on the supreme court which would be just as bad as a Muslim supreme court justice pushing Sharia law of us.
    didn't she specifically say differently?

if that was the case then we know there are people outside of America that use the Islamic religion for terrorist activities, so then Trump was right to want to ban Muslims, or no?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you are basing your judicial interpretations on your religious beliefs, its 100% fair game
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

You are truly unbelieveable. How in the **** can your brain possibly work like this..?

You supported Trumps actions and rhetoric against muslims, and now you are saying mentioning religion (just mentioning it because of its relation to abortion, not even calling for action based on it) is bigoted against Amy Comey Barrett.

Trump called for action for every muslim from every corner on earth, no matter who. This man mentioned religion about a judge who is USING HER RELIGIOUS CONVICTIONS TO PASS AMERICAN LAWS.

That is just unreal. I cant even understand how your brain is THIS dysfunctional. I cant even follow it.

This a snowflake right here. I want to cry about muslims being allowed to enter america and I also want to cry about the fact that someone pointed out this judge is Christian.

This is snowflake to a tee. Sensitive white guy getting overly sensitive about not being allowed to be racist without hearing it. Oh poor white racist has to hear it, what a burden. How difficult your life must be that a person is allowed to call a christian a Christian. How dare they. And how dare muslims think they should be allowed to enter america. What a difficult life you must have.

Last edited by nastynice; 10-18-2020 at 08:06 PM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

In terms of Barrett’s appointment, the following highlights what I believe to be the most important consequence (I condensed this from a NYT article)

Although a lot of the discussion about her nomination has focused on social issues, like abortion and same-sex marriage, these are not the issues that motivate many wealthy campaign donors, some of whom have spent decades pushing for a conservative overhaul of the courts.

To these activists — the most famous being the Koch family — the overriding goal is reducing corporate regulations and taxes. As Charles Koch said in a speech in 1974, he wanted to stop “confiscatory taxation,” “safety and health regulations,” “trade barriers,” “so-called equal opportunity requirements” and “many more interventions.”

Since that speech the Supreme Court and lower courts have made it harder for labor unions to organize, harder for consumers and workers to fight corporate fraud, and easier for wealthy Americans to give millions of dollars in campaign donations, often secretly.

These rulings are one reason that the incomes of the very rich have risen so much faster in recent decades than incomes of the middle class and poor. “For the past half-century, the Court has been drawing up plans for a more economically unequal nation,” Adam Cohen writes in his recent book, “Supreme Inequality.”

Barrett’s answers suggest she may make the court even friendlier to big companies.

In terms of Barrett’s appointment, the following highlights what I believe to be the most important consequence (I condensed this from a NYT article)

Although a lot of the discussion about her nomination has focused on social issues, like abortion and same-sex marriage, these are not the issues that motivate many wealthy campaign donors, some of whom have spent decades pushing for a conservative overhaul of the courts.

To these activists — the most famous being the Koch family — the overriding goal is reducing corporate regulations and taxes. As Charles Koch said in a speech in 1974, he wanted to stop “confiscatory taxation,” “safety and health regulations,” “trade barriers,” “so-called equal opportunity requirements” and “many more interventions.”

Since that speech the Supreme Court and lower courts have made it harder for labor unions to organize, harder for consumers and workers to fight corporate fraud, and easier for wealthy Americans to give millions of dollars in campaign donations, often secretly.

These rulings are one reason that the incomes of the very rich have risen so much faster in recent decades than incomes of the middle class and poor. “For the past half-century, the Court has been drawing up plans for a more economically unequal nation,” Adam Cohen writes in his recent book, “Supreme Inequality.”

Barrett’s answers suggest she may make the court even friendlier to big companies.
    Rules that are constitutional she's going to uphold, those that are not she'd going to strike down.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    If you are basing your judicial interpretations on your religious beliefs, its 100% fair game
    show me where Amy Coney Barrett would based anything on her religious beliefs.

this is something she said..

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN26Z2DK

“Judges can’t just wake up one day and say, ‘I have an agenda, I like guns, I hate guns, I like abortion, I hate abortion,’ and walk in like a royal queen and impose, you know, their will on the world.”

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You are truly unbelieveable. How in the **** can your brain possibly work like this..?

You supported Trumps actions and rhetoric against muslims,
    full stop, no I did not. I did not support what Trump originally called for. I said I understood why he did it, not that I agreed with it.

and now you are saying mentioning religion (just mentioning it because of its relation to abortion, not even calling for action based on it) is bigoted against Amy Comey Barrett.

Trump called for action for every muslim
    from every corner on earth, no matter who. This man mentioned religion about a judge who is USING HER RELIGIOUS CONVICTIONS TO PASS AMERICAN LAWS.

That is just unreal. I cant even understand how your brain is THIS dysfunctional. I cant even follow it.

This a snowflake right here. I want to cry about muslims being allowed to enter america and I also want to cry about the fact that someone pointed out this judge is Christian.

This is snowflake to a tee. Sensitive white guy getting overly sensitive about not being allowed to be racist without hearing it. Oh poor white racist has to hear it, what a burden. How difficult your life must be that a person is allowed to call a christian a Christian. How dare they. And how dare muslims think they should be allowed to enter america. What a difficult life you must have.

what Trump called for did nothing to anyone Muslim in America, nothing to the Islamic religion itself. even the ban that ended up happening was more about countries that didn't help in vetting, more than the Islamic religion. this ban literally included North Korea.

if anyone questioned whether Ilhan Omar as a Muslim would use that to make decisions I guarantee anyone on the left would be furious, calling that bigotry, it would be major news. the same thing should be the case for anyone else, like Amy Coney Barrett here.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Rules that are constitutional she's going to uphold, those that are not she'd going to strike down.
    Doubtful. That assumes unity of interpretation.

Would that this were the case, but like all justices, left or right, her interpreting the constitution will be largely based on her political inclinations (there is a reason why she was selected).

what Trump called for did nothing to anyone Muslim in America, nothing to the Islamic religion itself. even the ban that ended up happening was more about countries that didn't help in vetting, more than the Islamic religion.
    lol, bro shut the **** up, seriously...

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Doubtful. That assumes unity of interpretation.

Would that this were the case, but like all justices, left or right, her interpreting the constitution will be largely based on her political inclinations (there is a reason why she was selected).
    She was selected as an originalist.

Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast