Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

If the country did crack, how would it do it and what would it look like?

In one of Bird of Preyís rantings, he talked about the country essentially splitting up over this election. While the rationale is moronic and the likelihood is low, is it possible? This is something that Iíve thought about a fair amount the last couple years. Iíve wondered if itís possible for the current US to be effectively governed in a way that was accepted by the overwhelming majority of the country again. Have we become too polarized, too diverse? Has our system of government moved too far away from constitution or maybe has the constitution become too antiquated and too hard to amend? If so, how would it happen? Who would leave first? How many countries would we become? I think the important thing to remember in imagining how it would start is that any state or group of states to secede would have to be not only be so aggrieved by the current situation but also capable of maintaining independence fiscally and militarily.

If it were to happen, I would see California leaving and taking Oregon and Washington with it. I think red states would be glad to be rid of the liberal voters but would miss the federal money they kick in and the access to the Pacific. Maybe Texas could pull it off although Iím not sure their population is partisan enough. While I think that plenty of Americans would like to vote some states out of the union, Iím not sure there is a good path for it to happen.

If it did happen, I think the parts would be collectively weaker than the whole internationally but I do think it could make it easier to form governments that are more representative of the people they serve.

These things happen fast, a few acts of terrorism, a few acts of retaliation, economic instability and collapse, and anarchy. Takes surprisingly few people to make it happen too. Cheers.

Seeing only the headline, I assumed you were asking about the drug. My answer was going to be "however the crack heads currently do it"

Ha! Might not have been optimally phrased.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Seeing only the headline, I assumed you were asking about the drug. My answer was going to be "however the crack heads currently do it"
    Same lol.

I was going to say it probably looks like it does now.

I was hoping this was a thread where we'd imagine what America looked like if it was on crack.

Some loon on this site saying something thankfully will never make it happen. But this is from the Texas GOP Chairman (you remember Allen West from such fame as beating an Iraqi policeman):

Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by GasMan View Post
    In one of Bird of Preyís rantings, he talked about the country essentially splitting up over this election. While the rationale is moronic and the likelihood is low, is it possible? This is something that Iíve thought about a fair amount the last couple years. Iíve wondered if itís possible for the current US to be effectively governed in a way that was accepted by the overwhelming majority of the country again. Have we become too polarized, too diverse? Has our system of government moved too far away from constitution or maybe has the constitution become too antiquated and too hard to amend? If so, how would it happen? Who would leave first? How many countries would we become? I think the important thing to remember in imagining how it would start is that any state or group of states to secede would have to be not only be so aggrieved by the current situation but also capable of maintaining independence fiscally and militarily.

If it were to happen, I would see California leaving and taking Oregon and Washington with it. I think red states would be glad to be rid of the liberal voters but would miss the federal money they kick in and the access to the Pacific. Maybe Texas could pull it off although Iím not sure their population is partisan enough. While I think that plenty of Americans would like to vote some states out of the union, Iím not sure there is a good path for it to happen.

If it did happen, I think the parts would be collectively weaker than the whole internationally but I do think it could make it easier to form governments that are more representative of the people they serve.
    Well. Get ready because with the Supreme Court being too afraid to even look at the evidence, one of the first major cracks in the Republic has happened. When a country cannot conduct a legitimate election, then is does not have a representative government at all. A country get formed by its people deciding to merge together in a common direction and subscribe to a rule of law aka government. A democratic government is a bottom up not a top down thing and right now over 85% of the Republicans in this country, 35% of the Independents and even 10% of all Democrats believe that this election was stolen right from the people.

Right now I am very depressed with this. I never believed that a criminal thing like this could overthrow a government. This didn't happen via vote. Nope. This was a coup that was paid for by foreign agencies and governments with the complicity of a political party, the Democrats. This is going to take a real revolution to fix. For these courts to REFUSE to even look at the evidence is a terrible dose of reality for me. I don't know what the hell being an American citizen is any more. I certainly do not believe that I will subscribe to very many dictates that this corrupt government tells me to do anymore. Not willingly anyway. We have basically become Venezuela right before our very eyes and with the same ten cent Dominion Equipment yet

Nope. Biden is not a legitimate POTUS. He will not be my president. Not in your life will he be. I am done.

You should move to another country.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Would love to hear what right wing utopia he'd pick!?

As for the thread...don't care. It ain't gonna happen. Right wingers can fantasize about killing Americans with their manly guns all they want but none of them actually care enough to do anything. Just love getting mad at things on the internet. Oh and like...the military exists.

Give it up freaks.
    HELLO

Nope. I want a revolution to happen right here.

Nope. I want a revolution to happen right here. It needs to happen.

I've often wondered what the hypothetical country would have looked like if the person who wanted to split the union had been president rather than Abraham Lincoln. But I was perfectly fine to allow that to have been an unanswered hypothetical scenario. I didn't really want to have a situation where Jefferson Davis was our president during a time of such crisis.

January 20th can't get here soon enough.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Nope. I want a revolution to happen right here. It needs to happen.
    Ignoring the problems in your imagination, why do you want revolution? You just want a Trump dictatorship or what? Any actual political wants and needs? Had enough of capitalism? Democracy (you want even less it seems)? Not enough poor people somehow? Like what? We gotta be even more right wing?
    HELLO

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    Nope. I want a revolution to happen right here.
    Then maybe you should try doing something more than regurgitating brainless nonsense on an out of date sports forum.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast