Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    "There's no way to properly rank human beings"
    Yes there is.

Light to dark. Duh.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Okay I'll try again for you.

It's harder to read and research the issues with politics and party politics regardless of party than it is to say "My party good, them party bad!"
    LOL donít even pretend youíve ever researched anything, you ainít fooliní no one.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    That's because of your white half, scoots. [emoji846]
    Could be, my Mother was an english teacher, but my father was pretty language specific too.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    LOL donít even pretend youíve ever researched anything, you ainít fooliní no one.
    I don't pretend to know if you read anything other than social media, but you do you.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Well I don't disagree with you in the idea both teams suck or that one team is more "honest" with Trumpism but that doesn't make the negatives of said approach better just because they are more open about how bad they are. In fact that is often what people are pointing out to you is just how bad it is. You can often assume the worst of either side but the level to which they clearly cross lines are different, even if it seems more honest to be more extremely partisan at this point. I agree that Sanders and even Yang/Warren/Pete or whoever for the most part is better, they are still dems though. The establishment dems are not the entirety of the party and there is a section at least pushing for change (in fact Biden has drastically changed his previous stances to cater to this group overall).

The issue is voting out someone with a worse person isn't better. You need to vote based on the individuals not just based on some other criteria like being the incumbent. I think the best bet is the better individuals and when you see a majority of one party behind someone like Trump that becomes pretty common sense to most. New blood isn't better as I believe Trump himself would be an example of.

The best way to actually force change is to stop giving the dems an out. There is a clear and obvious worse, playing both sides isn't helping at all. It is excusing the worse. Dems won't change unless forced to and by allowing clear worse like Trumpism you are allowing dems not to change (why we have Biden after Hillary). The establishment will drop as low as it can while pointing to the other side in a similar manner you do with "both sides". They just make it about them being one step ahead because the reality is they are. We need to stop giving them that out and HOLD PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE. You made that point yourself but never seem to want to do so when it comes to calling out specifics. You just both sides.

I don't care about semantics as much as I do as common sense approaches. I think you often take the similar approach to the team game you just "both sides" instead of one specific side. It's better but not by very much and when it comes to actual change doesn't help at all. We all know both sides suck if we are talking people not solely focused on their side winning etc. The next step is deciphering who sucks more on certain issues. Getting people who regularly suck out more. It's not always a both sides thing in equal form. I know you never say equal but you never make distinctions either so it is a pretty similar approach.
    I'm not "playing" both sides. I don't think either party works for me right now. The supposed ideals of the parties makes me a Democrat and I'm tired of the party leadership not coming close to what they say they believe.

I said I vote out the incumbents when I don't care enough about the office. The maximum research I'm going to put into the really low local offices is just basically reading the 1 paragraph in the vote breakdown. If I read them and don't care one vs the other that's when I go that way.

What I've been saying about Dems and Trump is that 4 years ago at 2am when Trump was announced as our next President I had hope that those 4 years would give the Dems a chance to learn and progress. Instead they wasted 4 years, continued crapping on people who actually tried to be progressive, ran people against them, and then ran another sham of a Presidential primary. How exactly can I "force" them to change other than with my vote? What I said somewhere was that maybe Trump winning again would be better for our future because maybe THAT would force the Dem party to wake up, and Biden winning now may well guarantee the GOP wins big in 4 years because the next 4 years are likely to be economic hell. I am wondering what the media is going to do ... are they going to continue to cover for the Dems and blame a GOP that is probably completely out of power? Or are they going to start doing their job again? (don't bet on it)

Please. Tell me. How do I "HOLD PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE" other than my vote, because I don't really have any other power.

This specifc semantic argument is not a "both sides" thing ... I was just saying that ACB's comment doesn't make her a hypocrite. I'm frankly amazed this conversation has gone this long, and I assume it's either because people are not reading all of the words I've written on it, or they just don't like her so they are arguing with me out of emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    More language pendantism. My point was: pretty much everyone but the most ardent Trump supporter admits he has an extreme sense of narcissism.

That example is in no way illustrative of your refusal to play both sides. Heck, you didn't even comment on the topic of the thread (tax returns). I'm betting if you did, it would indeed be some form of both sides on how Democrats cheat the tax system too or some other both sides in response to Trump's alleged tax information release.
    It's not being a pedant when I say something and then you completely mis-characterize it.

This is a perfect example of how you put your own thoughts on me on things I don't actually say.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This seems very heartfelt and I appreciate that. I think it's obvious you have extreme self-loathing for the Democratic party (despite you professing you identify as Democrat), and that is why you constantly both sides anything negative towards Republicans.

If you think the Democrats are worse than Republicans, you should probably switch parties.
    I don't constantly both sides anything.

It's not self loathing, the current Democrat party leadership is not mine.

I didn't say the Dems are worse than the GOP, I just talked about my disappointment with them.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    That would make him extremely self-centered actually.
    I should have written "He's not JUST self-centered" Self-centered just doesn't go far enough to describe his level of ego mania.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Wake up. Democrats are not upset that Trump nominated Barrett, but that McConnell and the Senate are blatantly and hypocritically backsliding on their actions from 2016.
    Democrats are not upset that Trump nominated another judge?

what is it that they have been saying, that Trump is okay to nominate someone and that the Senate just shouldn't vote on that person? can you show me that.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I actually do.

Dose of that Republican medicine buddy, did you not pick up on that?

if you think someone is dangerous simply for being Catholic, then that is bigotry.

you know that you would be upset at anyone that said a Muslim is dangerous just for being Muslim.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    if you think someone is dangerous simply for being Catholic, then that is bigotry.

you know that you would be upset at anyone that said a Muslim is dangerous just for being Muslim.
    That's my point friend. You have constantly pushed the ideas that we should treat muslims as dangerous, and you have constantly supported your racist political party's attempts at approaching islam as such.

Now when it's a catholic all.of a sudden you understand what bigotry is? But when you are being a bigot toward islam you dont? lol, you sad..

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

I'm not "playing" both sides. I don't think either party works for me right now. The supposed ideals of the parties makes me a Democrat and I'm tired of the party leadership not coming close to what they say they believe.

I said I vote out the incumbents when I don't care enough about the office. The maximum research I'm going to put into the really low local offices is just basically reading the 1 paragraph in the vote breakdown. If I read them and don't care one vs the other that's when I go that way.

What I've been saying about Dems and Trump is that 4 years ago at 2am when Trump was announced as our next President I had hope that those 4 years would give the Dems a chance to learn and progress. Instead they wasted 4 years, continued crapping on people who actually tried to be progressive, ran people against them, and then ran another sham of a Presidential primary. How exactly can I "force" them to change other than with my vote? What I said somewhere was that maybe Trump winning again would be better for our future because maybe THAT would force the Dem party to wake up, and Biden winning now may well guarantee the GOP wins big in 4 years because the next 4 years are likely to be economic hell. I am wondering what the media is going to do ... are they going to continue to cover for the Dems and blame a GOP that is probably completely out of power? Or are they going to start doing their job again? (don't bet on it)

Please. Tell me. How do I "HOLD PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE" other than my vote, because I don't really have any other power.

This specifc semantic argument is not a "both sides" thing ... I was just saying that ACB's comment doesn't make her a hypocrite. I'm frankly amazed this conversation has gone this long, and I assume it's either because people are not reading all of the words I've written on it, or they just don't like her so they are arguing with me out of emotion.
    They aren't coming close because they keep having the ability to point to the other team and say "look they are worse". It's not a team game we need to make the best individual choices each time while understanding what is going on. People didn't vote Hillary and Trump has been quite bad and that really forced the dems to change huh. Now we have... Oh who were you complaining about there, Biden? Exactly. He more than anyone ran hardest on the idea he could beat Trump in the debates and won the nomination as arguably a worse candidate than Hillary with his decline. Just make the best individual selection each time around and move on. You even point out they wasted this time but that's what they always do because the other side has been worse for a while now and it's their excuse so long as you give it to them.

Ya so the point is many people do that just with dem or rep instead of incumbent or not. It is a similar approach of not basing each decision individually but instead have a general way of grouping.

You hold the worst people accountable by voting them out each time. Individually compare them and what you believe they would be like based on what they are running on and their history etc. The media is a corporation and they love this back and forth team game stuff more than anyone of course it will continue lol. If you think doing the same thing that has never worked over and over to try and get one of the teams to change... I mean I just don't think you get whats going on then.

I think you are confusing threads that was the other one, I am pointing out something with your general approach compared to a comment in this thread previously. In that thread I pointed out you were saying she wasn't necessarily hypocritical because she could have been focused on partisanship and the team game keeping hers in more control. We agreed that's not better if true.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    They aren't coming close because they keep having the ability to point to the other team and say "look they are worse". It's not a team game we need to make the best individual choices each time while understanding what is going on. People didn't vote Hillary and Trump has been quite bad and that really forced the dems to change huh. Now we have... Oh who were you complaining about there, Biden? Exactly. He more than anyone ran hardest on the idea he could beat Trump in the debates and won the nomination as arguably a worse candidate than Hillary with his decline. Just make the best individual selection each time around and move on. You even point out they wasted this time but that's what they always do because the other side has been worse for a while now and it's their excuse so long as you give it to them.

Ya so the point is many people do that just with dem or rep instead of incumbent or not. It is a similar approach of not basing each decision individually but instead have a general way of grouping.

You hold the worst people accountable by voting them out each time. Individually compare them and what you believe they would be like based on what they are running on and their history etc. The media is a corporation and they love this back and forth team game stuff more than anyone of course it will continue lol. If you think doing the same thing that has never worked over and over to try and get one of the teams to change... I mean I just don't think you get whats going on then.

I think you are confusing threads that was the other one, I am pointing out something with your general approach compared to a comment in this thread previously. In that thread I pointed out you were saying she wasn't necessarily hypocritical because she could have been focused on partisanship and the team game keeping hers in more control. We agreed that's not better if true.
    Okay, so we agree. The only thing we can do is vote for the best candidate we can find each and every time.

It's not being a pedant when I say something and then you completely mis-characterize it.

This is a perfect example of how you put your own thoughts on me on things I don't actually say.
    I didn't accuse you of you saying anything, nor did I put my own thoughts on what you said. I predicted what I think you'd have to say on the subject. A prediction is not projection.

But since you are trying to die on this hill, what are your actual thoughts on Trump's taxes and do you think Democrats cheat the tax system to the degree Trump is?

I don't constantly both sides anything.

It's not self loathing, the current Democrat party leadership is not mine.

I didn't say the Dems are worse than the GOP, I just talked about my disappointment with them.
    Whatever you want to call it with your language pendantism, it is obvious from your posts in this forum you have a very low opinion of Democrats and the Democratic party. No, you didn't say the Dems are worse than the GOP, because you've never said anything is worse than anything else. That's the entire point of both-sides.

It is bizarre to me that you are more disappointed in Democrats for giving you Hillary and Biden than you are disappointed in Republicans for giving you Trump. But you are entitled to your opinion.

Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast