Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Is it hypocrisy if a new standard is created and then the people who create said standard want to go against it in a short timeframe? That is simply applying context to a situation, they never made said standard but are saying it should be upheld by the people who pushed it last time around.

If you don't ever hold people accountable for their actions they can just keep doing them. If it is a team game and you do this the other team then feels like they are allowed the same lack of standards moving forward.
    Yes.

I have no issue with people being held accountable for their actions. How are we going to hold Congress members accountable for their actions other than by voting them out?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    So, you are saying the GOP never lets anything go through without agreeing with every line of it? Did you read the CARES act? It was PACKED with things the GOP hated far more than the ACA's already dead mandate being officially killed.
    No I am not. I am saying it is odd you are blaming the Democrats for not coercing or tricking Republicans into passing this line rather than blaming the Republicans who have to be tricked and coerced into passing it for it's lack of passage.

And yours. Why do I have to spend the time to have an answer for a question I don't care about the answer to?
    You don't. But if you don't answer the question, you can't exactly be indignant when we point out you don't answer it.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It's not that I don't care, it's that I've literally never seen it. When did you last not both sides?
    Okay, you just don't notice when I don't. Well there are several active threads I very seldom post in because I don't care to. And there are some subjects where I only talk about one person or groups actions or thoughts on it. I don't keep track of where I don't discuss both groups. Do you want me to keep track of them for you?

Yes.

I have no issue with people being held accountable for their actions. How are we going to hold Congress members accountable for their actions other than by voting them out?
    So if you are pointing to clear hypocrisy and not trying to let it happen... How is that hypocrisy in turn? The context has shown a major issue in hypocrisy that potentially should be addressed. That's what is happening in calling this out this time around.

The first step is by actually calling them out and not both sidesing every issue. We can vote out those that need to be but if we just both sides every issue into nothingness then no progress will be made as everyone simply sucks always because they are on one of the sides. This is the issue people regularily call out with your approach topic to topic is it avoids holding ANYONE accountable by just saying "no they suck too". If everyone sucks always then there is no accountability, you need to be able to distinguish further than the two teams suck.

No I am not. I am saying it is odd you are blaming the Democrats for not coercing or tricking Republicans into passing this line rather than blaming the Republicans who have to be tricked and coerced into passing it for it's lack of passage.
    The Reps can't make that change and the Dems have not tried (as far as I know) to do something that would protect the ACA from a SC decision. It really is that simple. It would be funny if a Republican in the house put the language in to see if the House Dems take it out.

I think the ACA was very good when it was proposed by Obama and the Dems, it was then corrupted horribly before it was passed. It has to be fixed or replaced by something that had the teeth of the original.

While you accuse me of both sides you seem to think most things are just one side based on your posts.

Okay, you just don't notice when I don't. Well there are several active threads I very seldom post in because I don't care to. And there are some subjects where I only talk about one person or groups actions or thoughts on it. I don't keep track of where I don't discuss both groups. Do you want me to keep track of them for you?
    It's fairly telling you can't even think of an instance. But there's no need to keep track, if you do it, I'll definitely notice due to it's infrequency.

The Reps can't make that change and the Dems have not tried (as far as I know) to do something that would protect the ACA from a SC decision. It really is that simple. It would be funny if a Republican in the house put the language in to see if the House Dems take it out.

I think the ACA was very good when it was proposed by Obama and the Dems, it was then corrupted horribly before it was passed. It has to be fixed or replaced by something that had the teeth of the original.

While you accuse me of both sides you seem to think most things are just one side based on your posts.
    And what are the chances of that?

Whenever I respond to your both sides-ism I am indeed saying the things you are both side-ing are one sided. That's the entire point of me pointing out your both sides ism to things that are not both sides.

Whenever I respond to your both sides-ism I am indeed saying the things you are both side-ing are one sided. That's the entire point of me pointing out your both sides ism to things that are not both sides.
    Both-siding is easier than thinking, something he struggles with mightily.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    His way is harder. He agrees with everything both side says you only to it with one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

It's fairly telling you can't even think of an instance. But there's no need to keep track, if you do it, I'll definitely notice due to it's infrequency.
    I can think of an instance. One just came up, Trumps tax returns.

Probably zero.

And you have every right to be wrong in your beliefs.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    I think it's harder to be open to see the corruption of our political system in general and not be tied to one "team".

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    His way is harder. He agrees with everything both side says you only to it with one.
    I don't agree with everything any group says. I just don't automatically disagree either.

I think it's harder to be open to see the corruption of our political system in general and not be tied to one "team".
    English please
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast