Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    So ... if the House adds it to a Trump and GOP sponsored bill they will kill their own bill to keep the exact language they don't like in the ACA from being removed from the ACA? Really?

And I didn't claim it's Democrats "really being the hypocrites" ... I think the Dems and Reps are.

And I just said, twice now in fact, that the House can get the language passed fairly easily. It could have been put in the CARES act and there was NO WAY the GOP would have stopped it.
    Yes really. Have you not been paying attention?

Yeah, I think both parties are crap. I don't understand anyone who thinks one is good.
    You do realize that believing both sides are crap doesn't mean that you have to believe everything they do is always equally as crappy right? Like, you can admit one side is doing something more crappy than the other on a specific instance while still believing both are crap (or even equally crappy overall).

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    No, they are saying "If you said Obama shouldn't have done his job in 2016, then Trump shouldn't do his job in 2020". Why are you just ignoring the historical context here?

And silly me, asking that question. OF COURSE you were going to say both sides and that you don't know whic his being more hypocritical. Of course you were.
    I'm not ignoring it. In 2016 they wanted the Senate to hold hearings and vote in their candidate, in 2020 they don't.

In 2016 the GOP said they shouldn't vote in a justice in an election year, now they are saying they should.

Hypocrites abound.

Can you show me which party has more proven hypocrites on this topic?

And again, the fact that I don't care which one is more or less seems to offend you for some reason. Why do I have to care?

Yeah, I think both parties are crap.
    No....really?!?

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Yes really. Have you not been paying attention?
    Yes, and generally neither party chooses to shoot themselves in the foot with their voters.

I'm not ignoring it. In 2016 they wanted the Senate to hold hearings and vote in their candidate, in 2020 they don't.

In 2016 the GOP said they shouldn't vote in a justice in an election year, now they are saying they should.

Hypocrites abound.

And again, the fact that I don't care which one is more or less seems to offend you for some reason. Why do I have to care?
    The only reason they don't in 2020 is because of what happened in 2016.

You don't have to care, and I'm not offended so much at this specific instance, but rather your inability to ever do anything but both sides everything using false equivalences.

You do realize that believing both sides are crap doesn't mean that you have to believe everything they do is always equally as crappy right? Like, you can admit one side is doing something more crappy than the other on a specific instance while still believing both are crap (or even equally crappy overall).
    Again with the "equal" from you. I don't believe they are equal in any specific thing. That's your language and logic, not mine.

Yes, and generally neither party chooses to shoot themselves in the foot with their voters.
    And strengthening Obamacare (or ensuring it's permanence) would be Republicans shooting themselves in the foot with their voters. Hence why they wouldn't ever do something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    No....really?!?
    Yep. Don't you?

Again with the "equal" from you. I don't believe they are equal in any specific thing. That's your language and logic, not mine.
    This is where I ask which you think is better/worse and you state you don't know.

It's your same schtick on repeat, for everything.

The only reason they don't in 2020 is because of what happened in 2016.

You don't have to care, and I'm not offended so much at this specific instance, but rather your inability to ever do anything but both sides everything using false equivalences.
    And what happened in 2003 and 2013. It's all a continuation of the same game.

I don't both sides everything, you just don't care when I don't.

Hypocrites abound.

Is it hypocrisy if a new standard is created and then the people who create said standard want to go against it in a short timeframe? That is simply applying context to a situation, they never made said standard but are saying it should be upheld by the people who pushed it last time around.

If you don't ever hold people accountable for their actions they can just keep doing them. If it is a team game and you do this the other team then feels like they are allowed the same lack of standards moving forward.

And what happened in 2003 and 2013. It's all a continuation of the same game.

I don't both sides everything, you just don't care when I don't.
    It's not that I don't care, it's that I've literally never seen it. When did you last not both sides?

And strengthening Obamacare (or ensuring it's permanence) would be Republicans shooting themselves in the foot with their voters. Hence why they wouldn't ever do something like that.
    So, you are saying the GOP never lets anything go through without agreeing with every line of it? Did you read the CARES act? It was PACKED with things the GOP hated far more than the ACA's already dead mandate being officially killed.

This is where I ask which you think is better/worse and you state you don't know.

It's your same schtick on repeat, for everything.
    And yours. Why do I have to spend the time to have an answer for a question I don't care about the answer to?

Page 15 of 39 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast