Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    as it should be. The sc should not be political at all.
    lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Wake up. Democrats are not upset that Trump nominated Barrett, but that McConnell and the Senate are blatantly and hypocritically backsliding on their actions from 2016.
    But the situations are completely different. So there's no hypocrisy to be had.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    I guess compared to someone like Jeanine Pirro she's great, but she's still a nightmare.
    Exactly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Exactly

That's a real low bar and doesn't justify whitewashing
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    That's a real low bar and doesn't justify whitewashing
    Itís not a low bar for trump. Itís whatís expected. Be thankful itís not Giuliani.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Itís not a low bar for trump. Itís whatís expected. Be thankful itís not Giuliani.

I'm not gonna grade Trump on a curve or normalize his presidency.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    No. I'm saying that when the President and Senate are in the same party the process of confirming nominations is very different than when they are not the same party. That is true regardless of the party. That you seem to dismiss that as significant is strange.

Yes both parties do what they can get away with, and yes both parties are hypocritical.
    This is not true at all. The process of nominating a SC Justice is literally exactly the same regardless of the party split. The procedure to do so is exactly the same. Absolutely nothing changes procedurally.

What does change is what the party in power can do to block/stop the nomination. That you seem to dismiss that as the significant part is sad... but not unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I asked how she is dangerous. is your answer that you are saying she is dangerous simply for being Catholic. I don't think you want to say that.
    I actually do.

Dose of that Republican medicine buddy, did you not pick up on that?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    When the court takes its stab at Obamacare, Roe, or any number of important liberal programs; I hope some people (including myself) think long an hard about whether voting 3rd party was the right idea in 2016. My vote wasnít going to swing the balance. VA went strong for Clinton (with or without Kaine) but it was still the wrong decision. I let great be the enemy of good.
    Do you know of a specific context for Obamacare or Roe to be in front of the court in the near future?

The reality is that Obamacare is absolutely broken and it needs to be fixed or replaced.

There is very little national support for repealing Roe, there is support for restrictions, but that's not the same thing as repealing it.

And frankly I don't trust the politicians in either party to do a good job on either issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Wake up. Democrats are not upset that Trump nominated Barrett, but that McConnell and the Senate are blatantly and hypocritically backsliding on their actions from 2016.
    I think it's more accurate to say they are upset they lost the tactical game then and have a chance to lose it this time too.

There are plenty of quotes that make both sides hypocrites this time around.

I think it's all about the presidential and the Senate elections coming up, and not about this seat.

Do you know of a specific context for Obamacare or Roe to be in front of the court in the near future?

The reality is that Obamacare is absolutely broken and it needs to be fixed or replaced.

There is very little national support for repealing Roe, there is support for restrictions, but that's not the same thing as repealing it.

And frankly I don't trust the politicians in either party to do a good job on either issue.
    They will literally be deciding Obamacare's fate in the next session of the Court:

https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtoo...-care-act.aspx

And as of 2019 there were over 20 lawsuits challenging Roe v Wade in part or in whole:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ut-roe-v-wade/

I imagine more are being brought every month in anticipation of a conservative supermajority.

National Support for repealing Roe v. Wade is literally irrelevant. SC Justices do not vote on national support. Revoking it could have 5% support nationwide and they could still vote to revoke it.

I think it's more accurate to say they are upset they lost the tactical game then and have a chance to lose it this time too.

There are plenty of quotes that make both sides hypocrites this time around.

I think it's all about the presidential and the Senate elections coming up, and not about this seat.
    It was only a matter of time until we got a Scoot's both sides on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    This is not true at all. The process of nominating a SC Justice is literally exactly the same regardless of the party split. The procedure to do so is exactly the same. Absolutely nothing changes procedurally.

What does change is what the party in power can do to block/stop the nomination. That you seem to dismiss that as the significant part is sad... but not unexpected.
    The procedure doesn't change but the way it happens absolutely does change. What you are saying is that an team scrimmage is the same as a real game.

It also comes down to what the party not in power can get out of it.

It's the way it goes. And I never said any of it was good. It's all bad. It's all been corrupted. And it's all expected.

They will literally be deciding Obamacare's fate in the next session of the Court:

https://www.shrm.org/resourcesandtoo...-care-act.aspx

And as of 2019 there were over 20 lawsuits challenging Roe v Wade in part or in whole:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...ut-roe-v-wade/

I imagine more are being brought every month in anticipation of a conservative supermajority.

National Support for repealing Roe v. Wade is literally irrelevant. SC Justices do not vote on national support. Revoking it could have 5% support nationwide and they could still vote to revoke it.
    In the case of ACA congress could add 1 line of text to the ACA that makes no functional difference and that case goes away. It's all about the PR that it's still an issue at all.

And parts of Roe v Wade have been in front of the court for the last 3 years and in the 8 years before that too. It still stands because the general public, and I suspect the GOP, likes it being there.

You can't have it both ways ... either the SC is political and responds to the party (in which case the public matters) or it isn't political in which case the public doesn't matter.

It was only a matter of time until we got a Scoot's both sides on this issue.
    That's okay, I know you agree both sides are hypocrites.

Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast