Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NYK OTA Thread

Post NYK OTA Thread

All things NYK OTA...

Tom Thibodeau and his new coaching staff begin debuting their much-hyped ability to teach and develop Knicks players for the next three weeks...
    Last edited by S.L.ugger; 09-22-2020 at 11:47 AM.

I'm really hoping we can use this OTA to get DSJ and Knox on track. Could these OTA'S impact what Thibs and the crew do draft and FA wise?

Definitely. Thibs and Front Office have some tough decisions to make.

Thibs who is relatively straightforward, praised RJ Barrett's conditioning, preparation. And that's good enough for now.

Wish we could get some, even if pre-recorded/edited, inter-squad games on MSG...

Don't think there's any other programming they can currently air that would get better ratings from starved fans like us...

Thibs does seem to be an old school type that would probably think this kind of public display would give other teams an "advantage" though...

I read somewhere that Mitch had to leave camp due to personal issues. If true, hopefully he can get back and take advantage this time to improve. Team practices started yesterday.

I don't think Mitchell Robinson dealing with personal concerns will be a problem. These workouts are voluntary.

I do think, it's important for the young Knicks to build chemistry because they haven't played together at the same time for very long.

As long as Dennis Smith and RJ are there, I'm good. I'm really rooting for Dennis Smith. The kid has too much talent to fizzle out like this. If this coaching crew could get him on the right track, that changes the talent level on this team immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    As long as Dennis Smith and RJ are there, I'm good. I'm really rooting for Dennis Smith. The kid has too much talent to fizzle out like this. If this coaching crew could get him on the right track, that changes the talent level on this team immensely.
    DSJ was who I wanted on draft night in 2017 at 8. That said his shot is currently broken and his defense is pretty much as bad as it gets. Plus he was always a bit of a questionable decision maker.

That last part I think can be fixed. The shot and the defense are my big concerns with him.

The kid shot it pretty good in college, I never understood why his shot had to be reconstructed in the first place. How to run point is what should have been the focus and all young pg's struggle with that.

Interesting Thibs mentioned corner threes (thank God), Frank, albeit a small sample size, shot 48% on corner threes this season...

Just feels like with the right coaching, development, and in-game strategy, a few of our prospects could really flourish this season more than in years past. At least thatís what Iím hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by S.L.ugger View Post
    The kid shot it pretty good in college, I never understood why his shot had to be reconstructed in the first place. How to run point is what should have been the focus and all young pg's struggle with that.
    Iím sorry DSJ stinks heís not a winning player. His shot was inconsistent in college and he doesnít care to play D

Thibs has gotta give everyone a legit shot because Mike Miller's game plan was to milk Morris for every win possible...and was rewarded with the Knicks getting the #8 pick, Team President and head coach asked to walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    Iím sorry DSJ stinks heís not a winning player. His shot was inconsistent in college and he doesnít care to play D
    Truth, hes a straight up loser. Mavs knew what they had when everyone else thought he looked great, they couldnt wait to dump him.

Knicks need to stop wasting time and move on from him. Give his spot to harper.

Ps do we have a lost of who showed up and who didnt?

And of course mitch had to leave for personal reasons, sitting on the couch playing cod.

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSwaGG View Post
    What are you talking about?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast