Week Three
    VS

Sunday, September 27th at 8:20 PM EST/ 7:20 PM CST
    TV: NBC

Players To Watch

Quarterback

~VS~

Drew Brees, QB #9 - 472 Yards / 3 TD 1 INT / 64.7 CMP% / 93.5 QB Rating
    Aaron Rodgers, QB #12 - 604 Yards / 6 TD 0 INT / 67.6 CMP% / 119.4 QB Rating

Running Back

~VS~

Alvin Kamara, RB #41 - 95 Yards / 25 Carries/ 3.8 YPC / 3 TD
    Aaron Jones, RB #33 - 234 Yards / 34 Carries/ 6.9 YPC/ 3 TD

Wide Receiver

~VS~

Tre'Quan Smith, WR #10 - 6 Catches / 90Yards / 0 TD
    Davante Adams, WR #17 - 17 Catches /192 Yards / 2 TD

Tight End

~VS~

Jared Cook, TE #87 - 7 Catches / 93 Yards / 1 TD
    Robert Tonyan, TE #85 - 2 Catches / 25 Yards / 1 TD

Defensive Line

~VS~

Cameron Jordan, DE #94 - 9 Tackles / 0 Sacks
    Kenny Clark, DE #97 - 2 Tackles / 0 Sacks

Linebacker

~VS~

Demario Davis, LB #56 - 14 Tackles / 1.0 Sacks/ 1 PD
    Christian Kirksey, LB #58 - 24 Tackles / 0 Sacks / 0 FF

Defensive Back

~VS~

Janoris Jenkins, CB #20 - 14 Tackles / 1 INT / 2 PDEF / 0 Sack
    Jaire Alexander, CB #23 - 9 Tackles / 1 INT / 1 PDEF / 1 Sack / 1 Safety

Kicker

~VS~

Wil Lutz, K #3 - 3 FGM / 3 FGA / 7 XPM / 7 XPA
    Mason Crosby, K #2 - 4 FGM / 4 FGA / 9 XPM / 9 XPA

Click For More Stats
    Last edited by PackerBum9786; 09-22-2020 at 06:31 PM.

NO stats will be updated after tonights game.

Should be an interesting first test, preliminary reports sound like Davante Adams should be a go. From what I've read he could have come back in the game against Detroit if they did not remain in the drivers seat.

We will certainly need Adams and hopefully Clark back for this bout. Clark certainly has a chance as they did not IR him so at least possible.

With no crowd noise should really get a good look at the team talent vs. talent this week and how we stack up against a potential opponent in the playoffs.

Saints look very beatable tonight but they’ve always been a different team at home. No crowd might be a good equalizer tho

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    Saints look very beatable tonight but they’ve always been a different team at home. No crowd might be a good equalizer tho
    They did, but still not an opponent which can be overlooked. Brees still threw for 300 yards and Kamara will be a bit of a challenge, not as much as I think some on this page are stating, but an elite player who if not respected will hurt you. The deciding factor for this match up at least on paper will be whose defense can hold up at the right moments. Defensivly at this point both teams are similar in production.

It sounds like Michael Thomas is still going to be unlikely to be a go and this needs to be a moment where they need to execute when they may not because this game could have bearing on potential seeding in the NFC. Even if the crowd may not be there Lambeau in the winter very much can be.

Another concern which I might have for this team is Jared Cook, not overly impressed with the coverage our LB's have had when covering TE's. Hoping they can shake some of those issues off this week. If this team is without Thomas then Cook and Kamara are the two biggest ways their offense could hurt this team in my view.

if you guys care the stats have been updated

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    They did, but still not an opponent which can be overlooked. Brees still threw for 300 yards and Kamara will be a bit of a challenge, not as much as I think some on this page are stating, but an elite player who if not respected will hurt you. The deciding factor for this match up at least on paper will be whose defense can hold up at the right moments. Defensivly at this point both teams are similar in production.

It sounds like Michael Thomas is still going to be unlikely to be a go and this needs to be a moment where they need to execute when they may not because this game could have bearing on potential seeding in the NFC. Even if the crowd may not be there Lambeau in the winter very much can be.

Another concern which I might have for this team is Jared Cook, not overly impressed with the coverage our LB's have had when covering TE's. Hoping they can shake some of those issues off this week. If this team is without Thomas then Cook and Kamara are the two biggest ways their offense could hurt this team in my view.
    Agree, although cook is a really odd player. Hes pretty inconsistent and sometimes flashes and is sometimes super quiet. Hopefully we get a quiet game.

This will be an interesting test. Their strengths right now, without MT, is running it and hitting their backs and TEs. Our strength is covering WRs and rushing the passer. So it's not a great match up, but they also aren't an elite offense. I'm interested to see how Pettine plays this. Ideally we'd pack the box and have a safety in the box to help with the run and in coverage and let the CBs play on an island to start.

Big game. A win here would be huge for the playoffs implications. We win we could be looking at a bye. I’d love that

And forcing NO on the road in the playoffs is huge. Even if there's no crowds or very limited crowds, making Brees play outside in the cold and less than ideal weather could be a huge advantage. So getting the tiebreaker on NO would be big.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    And forcing NO on the road in the playoffs is huge. Even if there's no crowds or very limited crowds, making Brees play outside in the cold and less than ideal weather could be a huge advantage. So getting the tiebreaker on NO would be big.
    With this too if they can get this advantage they will be in a good spot. The NFC West is likely going to beat each other up. It's hard to think that any of those teams get a clean sweep of all divisional opponents. Getting pretty much any team on a road to Lambeau, really one of the few places which with no fans will pose a real advantage. Certainly an early crucial game with long term implications.

the only thing that really scares me is its a sunday night game. The Packers always seem to struggle on Sunday Nights.

Davante Adams (hamstring) remained limited to rehab work in Thursday's practice.

It's possible Adams sneaks in a "limited" tag, but it is unlikely. Friday's practice has now become the key. Even a "limited" day would have Adams on track to suit up against the Saints. Always conservative with injuries, the Packers seem more likely to hold Adams out than let him play at this point. Marquez Valdes-Scantling and Allen Lazard would divvy up the spoils in a tough matchup in Adams' absence.
    I'm sure they're being as cautious as possible, and if he's not 100% they won't send him out. This highlights one of my concerns for this game, and it sounds like they are going to be very cautious with Davante. From most reports it sounds like he likely could go, but they may hold him out to prevent any further damage. Which in the end may end up being the smart move, would hate to see him reaggravate or exacerbate the injury. We may be seeing truly how much improvement MVS and Lazard have made this Sunday.

We may also see a little more creativity with the RB's Jones and Williams, might be a game we see Ervin bounce as a wide-out and Deguara serve essentially as a backfield receiver. If true Tonyan and Sternberger need to step up.

Good news though Kenny Clark suited up in full pad practice today.

run defense............... shocker.

So far the defense has been better than expected overall. That long run by Kamara really got them off balance

What a catch by Lazard!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast