Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    Which calls? That lewis td was NOT a bad call. There was the offensive PI on new orleans that was a bad call only because it was holding(blatantly) and not PI. There were a couple ticky tack calls both ways. They missed the running into the kicker. Overall, i didnt see any gift calls in our favor. Overall fhe officiating was a but sloppy but i didnt see much to complain about.
    the push off was a push off but i really thought we got held before the pushoff though

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    the push off was a push off but i really thought we got held before the pushoff though
    With lewis? He didnt extend his arms. There was some contact, physical play. Good no call imo.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    Which calls? That lewis td was NOT a bad call. There was the offensive PI on new orleans that was a bad call only because it was holding(blatantly) and not PI. There were a couple ticky tack calls both ways. They missed the running into the kicker. Overall, i didnt see any gift calls in our favor. Overall fhe officiating was a but sloppy but i didnt see much to complain about.
    That “horse collar tackle” was bad. There was an offensive PI on the saints that shouldn’t have counted, there was another call I forgot what it was that was huge. I wouldn’t say the determined the outcome but they definitely favored us.

our offense is pretty sick though... 122 points in 3 games... Rodgers/Jones

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    That “horse collar tackle” was bad. There was an offensive PI on the saints that shouldn’t have counted, there was another call I forgot what it was that was huge. I wouldn’t say the determined the outcome but they definitely favored us.
    Ah, yeah that horse tackle i forgot about. That was a phantom.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    its like i questioned early, the Packers drafted AJ Dillon was drafted as a "Bowling Ball" and a "Short yardage guy" and a "hard to bring down" player but, yet when the Packers need that type of player we don't see him, he gets maybe some junk time yards.
    i agree. on one hand Jones offers a double threat inside the 5. will he run or will he catch the ball HOWEVER a second round premium pick was used to draft Dillon. while im on record stating i didn't mind the Love pick getting no use out of the first 2 rounds will not make this team better. right now GB should get a deal done on either Jones or Bak before the cap numbers are announce next year. both are needed.

I'm not super concerned with the Defense right now. Yeah, the play for Kamara sucked but he leads the league in yards after the catch. He is hard to tackle. Our linebacker depth does suck and is a problem if Kirksley is out for any time.

The defense made more stops last night when than I thought they would. 3 and out to start the game was huge, and then the turnover with a 3 and out when we needed it in the 4th quarter.

I think the frustration with the defense is we have the same problems we've had for years and just never change anything. We got destroyed in the playoffs because our defensive front got blown out and our LB core was too slow to make a play on the perimeter. And the only change we made was swap out Martinez with an oft injured kirksey and add a 5th round pick. Maybe Martin does become a stud, but relying on a 5th rounder to make that jump on year 1 is bad planning.

Same with safety. Pettine loves playing 3 safeties. Whether you agree or disagree doesn't really matter. We kept a DC who loves using 3 safeties and did nothing to get an actual quality 3rd safety. Instead, we are relying on Will Redmon to be that guy when it's blatantly obvious he isn't.

And as a whole, that was my issue with our draft. We had holes and we had guys who could play certain roles. And we went completely against that. Dillon only makes sense if you let Jones walk. And watching this offense, there's no way you can let Jones walk. Deguera can be a really nice piece, but 3rd round felt super rich for his value, especially with sternberger and Bob tonyan on the roster. I didn't like love, but it is what it is. If they really like the qb, then it's justifiable. But you need to make hay later to make up for taking a guy who may not contribute for 3 years. We didn't do that.

Great win though. Rodgers seems to be bought in to the offense for the first time in a long time. And he's letting his wr's actually make plays. Still thibk we could use a playmaker at wr, but that's a small gripe. TE showed up Sunday night.

I think the key is Bahk is the #1 LT and Lindsey is the #1 center in the game. The others are average or above average. That’s huge.

This time last year the OL was getting destroyed.

But also Rodgers is getting the ball out about 20% faster.

Both are huge for the offense.

This defense if they can get better could be good enough.... yeah they aren’t great but if we are scoring 35+ a game we will win a lot of games

Jenkins is much better than just above average. Dude could legit be an all pro very soon.

As for the defense, I think pettine needs to learn how to play call with a good offense. He's never really had. Agree offense throughout his career. He doesn't need to be bend but don't break. Take some chances. Giving up a few big plays isn't the end of the world. This offense can score so giving up some points isn't the worst thing. The important thing is getting a few stops or big plays.

In todays offense heavy league, very few teams get consistent three and outs. Big plays are the key and as long as you can create a few big plays, your offense can score.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234