Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Rays vs Mets

That lil guy has some power.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Not giving up on 30-30
    I think for the preservation of your mental health, you probably should.

Has a team ever led MLB in BA, OBP, near the top in OPS and slugging % and not made the playoffs? Curious about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mannyfnz View Post
    Has a team ever led MLB in BA, OBP, near the top in OPS and slugging % and not made the playoffs? Curious about that.

Probably not. Maybe some of those Coors Field Rockies teams in the 1990s. Either way, its an abbreviated season. Those stats dont hold as much weight because wonky things can happen in smaller sample sizes. The Marlins are not a playoff team even if they make the playoffs for example. Not to mention, this team's offense is offset bad SP and bad defense.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-22-2020 at 10:10 PM.

Probably not. If recent history is any guide, the Mets are a second half team in a season with no second half.

That Cano - Diaz deal is starting to look a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Probably not. Maybe some of those Coors Field Rockies teams in the 1990s. Either way, its an abbreviated season. Those stats dont hold as much weight because wonky things can happen in smaller sample sizes. The Marlins are not a playoff team even if they make the playoffs for example. Not to mention, this team's offense is offset by ad SP and bad defense.
    Oh of course it's a little different with a shorter season.. Was just curious if it's ever happened before at all. Even with 60 games, you'd be hard pressed to see that happen again.. especially with this ridiculous format where so many teams get in. That makes this even more unbelievable. Anyway, some things to build on for next year.

Oh of course it's a little different with a shorter season.. Was just curious if it's ever happened before at all. Even with 60 games, you'd be hard pressed to see that happen again.. especially with this ridiculous format where so many teams get in. That makes this even more unbelievable. Anyway, some things to build on for next year.

The only teams I can think of is maybe those Rockies teams. Other than that, its a good question. Well most of it lands on their SP and the bullpen blowing a few games they needed to win. That will probably be the difference between this team making the playoffs and going home. Some of that you can blame on the team too. They made in game decisions with a lack of urgency to win games at times. You can't do that in an abbreviated season.

Maybe those rangers teams that had ARod, 2001 team he hit 52 homers, Palmeiro hit 47 and IRod hit 25, Ruben Sierra also had a very good year.

Most of the teams ahead of the Mets lost tonight which still gives them a slim chance.

The tragic number for elimination is three. Three loses and they are done, but any combination of a couple teams each winning three games eliminates them even if they win their last five and finish at .500.

If they can beat Tampa on Wednesday, I could see them sweeping the Nats with de Grom and Lugo pitching the last two games. But I do not have much faith in Wacha against Tampa.

Keep in mind that there is no play-in game in case of a tie, and the Mets would lose most tie-breakers.

The season is over dude, donít hold on to slim hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I think Bauer or Darvish will even though both have faltered as of late. Winning the Cy Young in a 60 game season should deserve ***. I could not care two bits if he wins it or not , it is not a big deal in this abberration of a baseball season.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyman View Post
    That Cano - Diaz deal is starting to look a little better

. Not really lol. Yes they are better than last year but once again we miss the playoffs. Last year is when we really needed them to perform even a little bit and they failed. A truly awful deal which is obviously a big reason why Brodie will be gone soon and rightfully so. Fact is we stupidly gave up a bigtime prospect Which made no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyman View Post
    That Cano - Diaz deal is starting to look a little better.
    The Mets should sell high on Cano and eat half his salary to get rid of him. Next year he will be a year older. His D has declined and there is no real evidence that he can still sustain health/success over 162 games.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast