Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rays vs Mets

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Just another ho hum 14 strikeouts for deGrom. This team better get some pitching this offseason and stop wasting his prime.
    They already wasted a ton of his prime. I just do not see him wanting to waste more time with this team. I think next year is a make or break with this team.

The baseball gods are definitely not with us. All the little measurements go against us.

Good at bat by Cano. Hit the ball to the wrong part of the ball park and at the wrong OF.

The Rays are willing to try anything to win. Using creativity and fundamentals to fill the gap that lack of finances leaves. Four outfielders against Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyman View Post
    The baseball gods are definitely not with us. All the little measurements go against us.
    The Mets also donít do the little things to win and/or not lose ball games.

Pete is under everything. Odd that he and no one else has figured out a way to fix that.

Pete over swings at everything

Anemic response by this team . Expected more.

18 innings and just one run. Another loss for Degrom after a quality start. Plus another below .500 finish in the making.

The only positive from this season is Cohen buying the teams the the Wilpons/Brodie mercifully being gone soon

Really disappointing season considering how they finished last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Really disappointing season considering how they finished last year.
    Weíre not the same team in the 2nd half last season without Wheeler, Stroman, and Noah.

Mets need a proven RH bat to insert in the lineup...somebody thatíll help guys like JD and Alonso. I suspect not having an in person hitting coach has a negative effect on the players.

Seasons over...poor Degrom is saying the loss was his fault cause he didnít put up zeros...thatís sad.
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Mets need a proven RH bat to insert in the lineup...somebody thatíll help guys like JD and Alonso. I suspect not having an in person hitting coach has a negative effect on the players.

Seasons over...poor Degrom is saying the loss was his fault cause he didnít put up zeros...thatís sad.
    Pete just looks like he is undercutting everything. When he is going well, he has a line drive swing and his natural power puts the ball out to all fields. Not to mention, he has that same hole in his swing Wright had. He can't lay off that outside breaking ball and teams have been giving it to him consistently this year.

He's got to make some adjustments. I am sure he will but this just a lost year for him.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-22-2020 at 03:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Really disappointing season considering how they finished last year

But itís important to remember that we had the easiest second half schedule in the league last year. We played the pirates royals and marlins many times. When we played the Braves they kicked our *** 😂

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast