Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Rays vs Mets

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    The Mets should sell high on Cano and eat half his salary to get rid of him. Next year he will be a year older. His D has declined and there is no real evidence that he can still sustain health/success over 162 games.
    As much as I want him gone, I don't think anyone will take him. Even if the Mets ate all his salary I doubt anyone will take him.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    I think Bauer or Darvish will even though both have faltered as of late. Winning the Cy Young in a 60 game season should deserve ***. I could not care two bits if he wins it or not , it is not a big deal in this abberration of a baseball season.
    The award is still handed out. Yeah it doesn't carry the same weight because of the abbreviated season but deGrom has faced better competition more consistently than all the other NL Cy Young candidates and by evidence by all the swinging strikes, he is obviously the hardest starting pitcher to hit in baseball.

He deserves the award and it will go a long way to the HOF resume he is building.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-23-2020 at 05:58 PM.

Two things we learned this year as bad as it has turned out is that Gimenez and Peterson are big league players.

Give Rosario an outfielders glove and donít think twice about it.

Bauer basically won it today.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Bauer basically won it today.
    If deGrom has an excellent last start and they take into account the level of competition, he still has a chance. It really comes down to how much the writers delve into the numbers.

Yeah. Thatís not going to matter.

Have to agree with Sick with this one.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

It should though. 60% of deGroms starts were against above average offenses. Compared to 11% for Darvish, 10% for Bauer, etc.

The AL and NL East were much more difficult to pitch against than the NL and AL Central.

All the objective data favors deGrom.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-23-2020 at 10:49 PM.

Not disagreeing with those facts, but they wonít matter. Itís Bauerís CY and that start sealed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Not disagreeing with those facts, but they wonít matter. Itís Bauerís CY and that start sealed it.
    Yeah I understand. Writers like Bauer, they probably are deGrommed out, and he may pitch the Reds into the playoffs but the award should go to the best pitcher.

Bauer has been unhittable this season with the best results and most innings pitched. He deserves it.

You canít control the competition that is faced.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Bauer has been unhittable this season with the best results and most innings pitched. He deserves it.

You canít control the competition that is faced.
    You cant but it should matter in how everything is weighed. Bauer has the best ERA and ERA+. That's the only measure in which he deserves the Cy Young. That's not an overwhelming case.

Burnes, Darvish, deGrom have him beat in fWAR, FIP, XFIP, etc. He's 7th in rWAR as well. I get if he wins but is he the most deserving candidate? Its debatable at worst. Certainly not a given.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    You cant but it should matter in how everything is weighed. Bauer has the best ERA and ERA+. That's the only measure in which he deserves the Cy Young. That's not an overwhelming case.

Burnes, Darvish, deGrom have him beat in fWAR, FIP, XFIP, etc. He's 7th in rWAR as well. I get if he wins but is he the most deserving candidate? Its debatable at worst. Certainly not a given.
    Bauer has the best BAA and WHIP.

His wOBA against is slightly lower than deGromís pitching in a bandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Bauer has the best BAA and WHIP.

His wOBA against is slightly lower than deGromís pitching in a bandbox.
    He also has a .211 BABIP against and a 92% LOB%. That has helped in his run suppression and that high of rates are not all skill. I'm not arguing that he's been great but I don't see a pitcher head and shoulders above anyone else. Any of those guys mentioned have a legitimate case at the Cy Young. Its not Bauer's award to lose imo.
    Last edited by metswon69; 09-24-2020 at 02:07 AM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast