Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Before this season, where half the league now makes the playoffs, our Cubs have not seen a playoff series since 2017. Getting beat in two play in games is hardly something to celebrate. Especially after these guys won a WS.

Is it possible that they are in fact, not underachieving? Maybe this is who they are. Maybe they peaked 4 years ago, and this is who they are. Maybe they all had great seasons 4 years ago, and are now just a bunch of JAG's.

I'm ready for a complete house cleaning. If they can come back next season with a total house cleaning and be a very good team, that's great too!
    Unfortunately these guys have sucked so bad this year that if we do trade guys we're selling many of them at the lowest value they've had in years. What a disaster.

The dynamic of this offense is broken and has been for years. They won a WS and after that for some reason nobody understands they start folding like lawnchairs whenever the going gets tough. Now they can't even get a base-hit to save their life. The reason why doesn't matter anymore, just break up this team and move forward in a new direction.

Let's see what's left of their heart when the post-season starts. Anyone who shows any lack of effort should be benched for the rest of the series.

9/21-9/24 - Cubs (31-22) at Pirates (15-38) IGT - Just. ****ing. Win.

Before this season, where half the league now makes the playoffs, our Cubs have not seen a playoff series since 2017. Getting beat in two play in games is hardly something to celebrate. Especially after these guys won a WS.

Is it possible that they are in fact, not underachieving? Maybe this is who they are. Maybe they peaked 4 years ago, and this is who they are. Maybe they all had great seasons 4 years ago, and are now just a bunch of JAG's.

I'm ready for a complete house cleaning. If they can come back next season with a total house cleaning and be a very good team, that's great too!
    Itís unlikely you are going to see a house cleaning . Guys that will make big money coming of bad seasons . Unlikely too many teams will be willing to take that money. Even if the Cubs eat some money they probably wonít get much value anyway . With the pandemic and most teams cutting money those prospects and pre arbi guys have more value than ever .

I think the Cubs are likely stuck with the same group for another year . A bunch of minor league deals and cheap 1 year deals to replace those who are leaving after 2020.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

Screw the instructional league! This is his 5th year in the system. He throws 103 for strikes! Get him up here.
    I think everybody or mostly everybody agrees he should come up .

El Mago

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Itís unlikely you are going to see a house cleaning . Guys that will make big money coming of bad seasons . Unlikely too many teams will be willing to take that money. Even if the Cubs eat some money they probably wonít get much value anyway . With the pandemic and most teams cutting money those prospects and pre arbi guys have more value than ever .

I think the Cubs are likely stuck with the same group for another year . A bunch of minor league deals and cheap 1 year deals to replace those who are leaving after 2020.
    The good news is Bryant, Baez, Rizzo, and Schwarber are all FA's after next season so that's likely the longest we'll ever have to suffer watching them underachieve.

Screw the instructional league! This is his 5th year in the system. He throws 103 for strikes! Get him up here.
    No team is going to call up a rookie to get his feet wet in the playoffs. The Marquez ship has sailed for 2020 barring a bunch of injuries. He's no saviour, and he can't swing a bat.

3 weeks ago i'd bring him up, but not now.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Being his 5th year is meaningless. Thats the worst reason. He was 16 when he was signed. His years 16-18 mean very little.

Yes he should be on the roster. Hes better than most of the guys. Especially as a reliever. But the "fifth year in the system" is meaningless for a 21 year old. Itd be one thing if he were 27. Hes not 27.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    My point is, the instructional league shouldn't even come in to play with him. Two years, 5 years, 10 years in the system. I don't care. It was a passing statement. He has a better arm than most of the big league staff and they keep him down. Just pathetic management

I don't like the way they handle young pitchers. They either can't draft good ones. Can't develop them. Or don't move them along.

My point is, the instructional league shouldn't even come in to play with him. Two years, 5 years, 10 years in the system. I don't care. It was a passing statement. He has a better arm than most of the big league staff and they keep him down. Just pathetic management

I don't like the way they handle young pitchers. They either can't draft good ones. Can't develop them. Or don't move them along.
    I dont disagree with the top. But why bring up his "fifth year" like it means anything? If we are going to make an argument, let's make ones that mean something. The "fifth year" for a 21 year old means nothing.

The second has been beaten to death. They didnt spend capital on the draft. We shouldn't have expected much. They have lately and go figure all of a sudden the Cubs have a somewhat interesting pitching system going. Its young. Its in low minors. So you'll just have to be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos View Post
    The good news is Bryant, Baez, Rizzo, and Schwarber are all FA's after next season so that's likely the longest we'll ever have to suffer watching them underachieve.
    Thatís too long... Bryant should have been traded before this season and honestly at the deadline last year, his value has to be around Boteís level and at least Bote has 6 homers something that I doubt Bryant could have got to with a full season this year

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post

Oh God no!!!

At this point, I would take anything they can get for these guys. Just move on from them.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    I dont disagree with the top. But why bring up his "fifth year" like it means anything? If we are going to make an argument, let's make ones that mean something. The "fifth year" for a 21 year old means nothing.

The second has been beaten to death. They didnt spend capital on the draft. We shouldn't have expected much. They have lately and go figure all of a sudden the Cubs have a somewhat interesting pitching system going. Its young. Its in low minors. So you'll just have to be patient.

I'm just of the opinion that instructional league is for very raw teenagers. I would think at 21 years old, and 5 years in the system, he would be way past the instructional league phase.

9/21-9/24 - Cubs (31-22) at Pirates (15-38) IGT - Just. ****ing. Win.

I'm just of the opinion that instructional league is for very raw teenagers. I would think at 21 years old, and 5 years in the system, he would be way past the instructional league phase.
    I believe this is a special instructional league this year to make up for the lack of a minor league season. Youíll probably see a lot of the top prospects in the sport in that league. Itíll be more than just raw teenagers playing.

That said, **** the instructional league. The Cubs are only playing 17 games in that league. You could get him into a small handful of games in mlb and in the playoffs or you could get him into a small handful of games in an instructional league. Itís an easy call for me.
    Last edited by CP_414; 09-24-2020 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I believe this is a special instructional league this year to make up for the lack of a minor league season. Youíll probably see a lot of the top prospects in the sport in that league. Itíll be more than just raw teenagers playing.

That said, **** the instructional league. The Cubs are only playing 17 games in that league. You could get him into a small handful of games in mlb and in the playoffs or you could get him into a small handful of games in an instructional league. Itís an easy call for me.
    Thanks for clarifying what kind of league it is.

I'm not shocked that they never had him up here. That's just so a Cubs move.

If the Cubs get to the WS this year it will be in a very Indians/Rays fashion. A lot of frustrating low pitching games. Iím not sure they have the pitching to get it done but you never know. I hope Alzolay gets a look for game 3.

I wonder if thereís any interest from the Sox getting Baez to play 2nd or Bryant in RF but I doubt it. I wish we could pry Kopech away from them or any young pitcher who has the potential to be really good really soon.

Sox fans aren't happy with Renteria right now

Bot 7 Sox up 4-1, Cleveland had bases loaded

Renteria put in Rondon who hasn't pitched since Aug 3rd

Got lucky on a 3-1 pitch that should of been ball 4, guy ends up hitting a 2 run single, next guy 2 run double

Top 8 Indians lead 5-4, they hold on theyll sweep a 4 game series and pull within a game of Sox for 2nd

If the Cubs can beat the Sox this weekend, the Sox could fall from best record no.1 spot to possibly the 5th spot if Yankees pass them or 7th if Indians pass them in just 1 week

Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast