Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 395
  1. #286
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    6,967
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Watch 2 pitches in the zone for strikes and then swing at a pitch in the other batterís box?

    Logic, Willy.
    That what I was talking about
    Yes there some bad luck and pressing involved but we see this way too often with these guys

  2. #287
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Watch 2 pitches in the zone for strikes and then swing at a pitch in the other batterís box?

    Logic, Willy.
    Sounds like the Bryant approach. He always takes one down the middle then chases junk

  3. #288
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,258

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  4. #289
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,258
    Quote Originally Posted by TN-cub37 View Post
    Sounds like the Bryant approach. He always takes one down the middle then chases junk
    Nah thatís been Javyís ABs all season.

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  5. #290
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    5,209
    This team is just so damn exhausting to root for. So I am glad the season is coming to an end within a week and half.
    Screw sabermetics.

  6. #291
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    A city in the United States.
    Posts
    5,209
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    whoppee. Just like Steele, he probably won't throw one pitch for the Cubs this year.
    Screw sabermetics.

  7. #292
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    12,132

    9/21-9/24 - Cubs (31-22) at Pirates (15-38) IGT - Just. ****ing. Win.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChiTownPacerFan View Post
    That's certainly true. But I'm not talking about one player's batting average or OPS in a given year. This team has a unique problem on offense. We have one strategy and when it works, it really works, when it doesn't work, we don't adjust.

    It would be like a football team running the ball up the middle over and over, waiting to break that one big run. When it works, you control the clock and dominate offensively, but if the defense is putting 9 guys in the box, maybe you could try throwing the ball.

    No sport has a one size fits all approach that will work consistently, and that's what we have. Call it the disease of launch angle, call it a philosophical problem, call it stubbornness from our players, but it's there.
    I think youíve crafted this narrative and have tried to find examples to fit this narrative for years. You were focused on their standard deviation until it was proven that it was normal. Then it was the number of games where the offense disappears and that was shown in past years to be normal. Itís easy to create a narrative and then see examples of it everyplace.

    The issue is that the Cubs best hitters all are terrible this year. All of them are different degrees of awful. Thatís never happened to this group before.

    Yes, they are too passive but weíre talking about a couple percentage points in the wrong direction. Itís definitely not a problem of focusing on launch angle, because their launch angles have been terrible.

    I donít believe that KB, Rizzo, Schwarber, and Contreras are bad hitters. I donít believe Javy is the worst hitter in the league. Itís a combination of approach and luck and sample size and pressing and mechanical stuff they are probably working through, but the result is unlike anything from the past few years. I think itís overly simplistic to say this same thing has happened to the Cubs for years.
    Last edited by CP_414; 09-24-2020 at 03:03 PM.

  8. #293
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    12,132
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    So if heís on the 40 heís not eligible for the fall league thing they are doing, right?

    If so, thereís no excuse to not have him active tomorrow.

  9. #294
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Addison, IL
    Posts
    24,258
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    So if heís on the 40 heís not eligible for the fall league thing they are doing, right?

    If so, thereís no excuse to not have him active tomorrow.
    From what Ken Rosenthal has reported, that is correct.

    2016 World Series Champions!!!


  10. #295
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    32
    I donít care who they play next week but they are most likely going home in 2 games. I donít want any part of Flaherty, Hudson, Wainwright or Bauer and Gray or Paddack, Lamet and that pen and lineup

  11. #296
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    3,863
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    I think youíve crafted this narrative and have tried to find examples to fit this narrative for years. You were focused on their standard deviation until it was proven that it was normal. Then it was the number of games where the offense disappears and that was shown in past years to be normal. Itís easy to create a narrative and then see examples of it everyplace.

    The issue is that the Cubs best hitters all are terrible this year. All of them are different degrees of awful. Thatís never happened to this group before.

    Yes, they are too passive but weíre talking about a couple percentage points in the wrong direction. Itís definitely not a problem of focusing on launch angle, because their launch angels have been terrible.

    I donít believe that KB, Rizzo, Schwarber, and Contreras are bad hitters. I donít believe Javy is the worst hitter in the league. Itís a combination of approach and luck and sample size and pressing and mechanical stuff they are probably working through, but the result is unlike anything from the past few years. I think itís overly simplistic to say this same thing has happened to the Cubs for years.
    Valid. I don't have a single statistic to back up the idea that this team has a flawed approach at the plate. The results this year have little merit because of the shortened season, so if you think I'm just stubborn and working backwards from a conclusion, that's fine.

    I know what I've seen for 6 years, and I've been desperate to see something new every year.

  12. #297
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    568
    I believe I read the Az FallLeague was cancelled this year.

  13. #298
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    14,436
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    So if heís on the 40 heís not eligible for the fall league thing they are doing, right?

    If so, thereís no excuse to not have him active tomorrow.
    Yeah i would think that they pretty much have to bring him up .


    Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk


    El Mago

  14. #299
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    6,967
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    whoppee. Just like Steele, he probably won't throw one pitch for the Cubs this year.
    I was thinking the same thing, he may be on the 40 man, but he probably wont join the big league club or theyll add him for Sunday game to give others a rest..

  15. #300
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    56,437
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevemil505 View Post
    I believe I read the Az FallLeague was cancelled this year.
    Yes. But they're not talking about that. They're talking about the fall-season this year that was created special where teams can opt in.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •