Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Then give him a clean inning, not a dirty one where there are runners on base and he needs to get one out.
    Who cares. They can start Nolan Ryan, bring in Brice Sutter, then close with Mariano Rivera all in their prime and it wouldn’t matter with this dog **** offense

9/21-9/24 - Cubs (31-22) at Pirates (15-38) IGT - Just. ****ing. Win.

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    Who cares. They can start Nolan Ryan, bring in Brice Sutter, then close with Mariano Rivera all in their prime and it wouldn’t matter with this dog **** offense
    That’s what I said previously.

No point in switching out Hendricks with 2 outs, when we’re not going to do anything at the plate

2016 World Series Champions!!!

And we can’t even beat the ****ing Pirates.

This offense is complete dog ****.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Hendricks knows better than to give up two runs.

Remember before the season when all the talk was "OMG, the bullpen is going to be bad, Lester is old, the rotation doesn't have depth..." and I said the biggest issue with this team, by far, is going to be their ability to consistently score runs.

Yeah, welcome to my island, everyone.

I feel like Monday might have been the last win of the season.

3.5 game lead in the NL central coming into tonight. Hendricks vs Williams was the pitching matchup for pete's sake. Is this lifeless embarrassing offense going to choke away another sure thing in the month of September? Two years ago, it was the division. Last year, it was the wild card. Same old crap. They can't hit. No margin of error for the starters and bullpen. They have to be damn near flawless.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Then give him a clean inning, not a dirty one where there are runners on base and he needs to get one out.
    He will have to come into a playoff game with runners on most likely at some point . . Guys like him who strikeout people are the types you want to come into dirty innings . Hendricks had allowed two hits in a row and was almost at 100 pitches . Don’t see anything wrong with that one and I haven’t been Ross biggest fan in terms of in game strategy .

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

https://twitter.com/jesserogersespn/...552700928?s=21

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

If the Cubs had 1st and 2nd with nobody out in a tie game 8th inning, each of the next 3 hitters would try to put one over the fence. Instead of trying to put the ball in play, get the runners over or draw a walk. It’s just bad baseball and bad coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by Vince70 View Post
    3.5 game lead in the NL central coming into tonight. Hendricks vs Williams was the pitching matchup for pete's sake. Is this lifeless embarrassing offense going to choke away another sure thing in the month of September? Two years ago, it was the division. Last year, it was the wild card. Same old crap. They can't hit. No margin of error for the starters and bullpen. They have to be damn near flawless.
    If you’re talking about the playoffs, then no. We’ve already clinched a playoff spot. Even if we lose the remaining 4 games. We are guaranteed to make the playoffs no matter what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by ILMindState View Post
    I feel like Monday might have been the last win of the season.
    You might be right. Mills will give up 5 or so tomorrow and the offense will score 2. Sox will own them since they are trying to win a division title and their guys actually care and they owned the Cubs at Wrigley earlier. They will lose the first 2 next week in much the same fashion as tonight when they face even better pitching. The pitching will keep them in it but unless Darvish and Hendricks throw complete game shutouts this team will lose 1-0, 2-1 type games

David Bote is 2nd on the team with 27 RBI, behind Happ's 28. Bote only has 116 AB's, Happ has 191.

Bote is also far and away the Cubs leader in RISP with a 1.214 OPS. Bote is also hitting .077 with nobody on, hitting .313 with fantastic SLG with runners on. Around 60 AB's for both.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Bad luck
    Bad hitting.

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    If you’re talking about the playoffs, then no. We’ve already clinched a playoff spot. Even if we lose the remaining 4 games. We are guaranteed to make the playoffs no matter what happens.
    No, I was talking about them possibly blowing another division title for the second time in three years, which was the point in my first sentence by marking the 3 1/2 lead going into this game with their most favorable pitching matchup of the month. While it seems almost unthinkable for them to not clinch in the next four days, I could see the Reds winning out and Cubs losing out. While it is nice they have clinched a spot in this eight team field, I have never been a fan of backing into the playoffs on such a crappy note.
    Last edited by Vince70; 09-23-2020 at 11:11 PM.

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast