Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    The Cubs should have had some money to spend this coming offseason to help with the transition. They should have had a ton to spend after next season. Now with COVID thatís all uncertain, but if they spend they can keep winning in a new window with many new core players.
    This....

Why do people assume they're just going to suck next year and or following year?
    This isn't like the 2009-11 roster that filled with players over 30YO and at the end of their careers, and they all have zero trade value or there noone to retool around

All their regulars that could return next year are 30 or younger, so it just a matter now of who they want to keep and retool around and who theyll move in trades because they will all reach Free Agency within the next 2 years

I mean, I think it safe to say as far as position players goes, at the very least theyll be retooling around Contreras Rizzo Hoerner and Happ this offseason

I'm not saying Baez Bryant Schwarber and Heyward are definitely gone but they are the ones of this group that could be traded

But my point is, you can take at least 4 players from that group of 8 and still have a solid group to retool around while adding assets and opening up some money by trading the others

Cubs are going to announce the 40 man roster today right ? I mean the guys who could be elegible for postseason ?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

Quote Originally Posted by Dfan25 View Post
    Cubs are going to announce the 40 man roster today right ? I mean the guys who could be elegible for postseason ?

Supposed to, but this was announced today
    So, if Marquez or any other young pitcher/player is added to the 40, they cant go to the instructional league

So this might keep him and others off it

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/st...688882176?s=19

9/21-9/24 - Cubs (31-22) at Pirates (15-38) IGT - Just. ****ing. Win.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    Supposed to, but this was announced today
    So, if Marquez or any other young pitcher/player is added to the 40, they cant go to the instructional league

So this might keep him and others off it

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/st...688882176?s=19
    That would be a ****** reason to not promote him.

That would be a ****** reason to not promote him.
    I guess it depends on if they feel he has some work to do still and could benefit more from being in the instructional camp then from being able to pitch a couple innings in the major....

I mean, would it be worth having him pitch in 2 of the remaining 4 games left after tonight, if they brought him up tomorrow and possibly just pitch in 1 or 2 games in the playoffs or just keep him off and let him be able to work more with the instructional camp over the offseason

I guess it depends on if they feel he has some work to do still and could benefit more from being in the instructional camp then from being able to pitch a couple innings in the major....

I mean, would it be worth having him pitch in 2 of the remaining 4 games left after tonight, if they brought him up tomorrow and possibly just pitch in 1 or 2 games in the playoffs or just keep him off and let him be able to work more with the instructional camp over the offseason
    Every chance to win is sacred. If he can help a playoff team then he needs to do that. If you miss out on an instructional league, oh well. Keep working with him in AZ or let him play in a Latin American winter league.

Spring Training is only 5 months away. The focus right now should be on advancing as far as possible in the playoffs.
    Last edited by CP_414; 09-23-2020 at 05:59 PM.

Every chance to win is sacred. If he can help a playoff team then he needs to do that. If you miss out on an instructional league, oh well. Keep working with him in AZ or let him play in a Latin American winter league.

Spring Training is only 5 months away. The focus right now should be on advancing as far as possible in the playoffs.
    I dont disagree, but dont you think if they thought this way and felt he would be helpful in maybe winning X amount of games, that he would at the very least been brought to Pittsburgh with them..

I mean if they're going to count on this kid to help them win in the postseason, youd think theyd want to get a few innings under his belt beforehand, not just 1 or 2 this weekend.

I dont disagree, but dont you think if they thought this way and felt he would be helpful in maybe winning X amount of games, that he would at the very least been brought to Pittsburgh with them..

I mean if they're going to count on this kid to help them win in the postseason, youd think theyd want to get a few innings under his belt beforehand, not just 1 or 2 this weekend.
    I donít think it really matters how many innings he gets before the playoffs. There might be something to the fact that no team but the Cubs has seen a pitch heís thrown since March. Adbert came out with that new hard slider last night and looked pretty nasty. In past years every team would have had video from Iowa of that pitch before he used it in MLB. It might help Marquez adjust mentally to get more regular season innings, but the mystery could be a benefit too.

Rizzo!

1-0

2016 World Series Champions!!!

That lead didn't last long
    Pirates go back to back

Wow. Back to back HRs off Hendricks

2016 World Series Champions!!!

This team is boring to watch..lol

Just perplexed at how awful this offense is . Hard to feel optimistic about them winning a playoff game honestly .

El Mago

I said back at the deadline that it wouldn't surprise me if Maybin ended up playing more then Martinez ..lol

Hendricks looks amazing after that first inning. Unfortunately this team is not built to come from behind, not anymore at least.

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast