Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seyton View Post
    Reasonable enough. Like I said, credit to Theo for what they've accomplished. But he's also at fault for where we think this team is headed.

This season is a very pleasant surprise. For me it goes beyond just being 10 games over. It's that it's been a nice ride at a time where we all needed it bc of the circumstances around Covid-19.
    For me, I'd like to see what exactly they do this offseason to get a better idea on where they're headed

I'm probably the minority in thinking they will be able to do more spending then most think and still stay somewhat under the threshold..
    I see them making some trades to open up some money flexibility

Quote Originally Posted by TN-cub37 View Post
    Best cub since Sosa?? lol heís not even the best 3rd basemen this century... that was Aramis Ramirez. Pretty sure ARAM never had a stretch of 120 plus ABís and only hit 2 homers and drive in 5 and hit under .200. I would take Aramis all day in his time with the cubs than KB. The stats donít lie man Aramis routinely put up 100 RBI seasons with 30 plus homers and flirt with .300 most seasons and Bryant hasnít had near the impressive numbers that Ramirez had. Bryant is Porcelain and probably always will be
    Just to add on a bit. Mike Trout only has 3 years of knocking in over 100 runs. His highest ever was 111... 6 years ago. Heís the best player in baseball. Lindor has never drove in 100 runs and heís a superstar. There are more factors to being great than putting up 30/100 seasons year in and year out. This isnít the same game as it was 15 years ago. Players arenít juicing and corking bats like Sosa. Pitchers are way more advanced and dominant. Most relievers, especially high leverage relievers, are throwing 95+. You have a 37 year old Justin Verlander throwing 97-98 and completely dominating. Guys like Gerrit Cole and Jacob DeGrom and Yu Darvish and Walker Buehler are throwing 98 in the 7th inning and later. Itís just a different game now. And a lot of what hitters do is team dependent. How many guys are on base when you come up, who is hitting behind you in the lineup, whatís the situation, who would a pitcher rather face?

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    For me, I'd like to see what exactly they do this offseason to get a better idea on where they're headed

I'm probably the minority in thinking they will be able to do more spending then most think and still stay somewhat under the threshold..
    I see them making some trades to open up some money flexibility
    They will focus on making the team better for the future. Sure, we will have a lot of payroll flexibility, but we need 2016-2017 Kris Bryant. You arenít getting that in free agency. We need 2018 Javy Baez, you arenít getting that in free agency. We need that kind of production to be good. We will need 3 starters. Yeah maybe you could give Q a 1 year deal and let Alzolay and Mills fill the other spots, but you arenít winning with that. Thereís just too much to fill to be competitive. Trading KB and Javy and going out and getting LeMahieu, Arrietta, and Gregorius (random names), arenít going to make us competitive.

I think we could safely say Alzolay will be inked in for the bullpen on opening day..

Quote Originally Posted by Seyton View Post
    Again, I'm acknowledging the good, but also acknowledging the bad, too.

It's interesting you mention Yelich. I wanted him back then as well.
    Nobody is denying anything bad. The problem is when people act like the bad outweighs the good. The good outweighs the bad by a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by JD94 View Post
    They will focus on making the team better for the future. Sure, we will have a lot of payroll flexibility, but we need 2016-2017 Kris Bryant. You arenít getting that in free agency. We need 2018 Javy Baez, you arenít getting that in free agency. We need that kind of production to be good. We will need 3 starters. Yeah maybe you could give Q a 1 year deal and let Alzolay and Mills fill the other spots, but you arenít winning with that. Thereís just too much to fill to be competitive. Trading KB and Javy and going out and getting LeMahieu, Arrietta, and Gregorius (random names), arenít going to make us competitive.
    they obviously need guys to be better but they also need some better pieces around them

I'm not saying they need to go out and spend big money on 1 or 2 free agents and they're automatically better
    I do think they need to make a couple changes to the everyday lineup and obviously the depth..

I think Theo and Jed really need to sit down with all their people and figure out who of the main guys in Contreras Rizzo Baez Bryant Schwarber Heyward and Happ that their going to build around for the next 5 year window

Rizzo
    New ballgame

OMG! A HOME RUN! AND A TIE GAME!

**** yeah Rizzo!

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Nats walk off the a Phillies . Cubs are in the playoffs.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

Nationals walk off on Phillies in Game 2 of DH.

Cubs officially clinch a playoff spot regardless of outcome of tonightís game

2016 World Series Champions!!!

That cutter / slider / whatever that is Tepera has is nasty.

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

El Mago

That HR by Rizzo was niceee

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    they obviously need guys to be better but they also need some better pieces around them

I'm not saying they need to go out and spend big money on 1 or 2 free agents and they're automatically better
    I do think they need to make a couple changes to the everyday lineup and obviously the depth..

I think Theo and Jed really need to sit down with all their people and figure out who of the main guys in Contreras Rizzo Baez Bryant Schwarber Heyward and Happ that their going to build around for the next 5 year window
    Yeah but we only have 1 year left of KB and Javy. Happ has been bad lately. I wouldíve really liked a full season to see what he is now. He had a great last month last year and a great month or so to start this year, but heís hit .230 the last month and .140 the last 2 weeks. Heyward is pretty much stuck here. Rizzo has 1 more year, he will be extended though. We have Contreras for a few more years, so no decision has to be made on him right now, unless itís to trade him. Guys will get moved. You canít start your next 5 year window without getting players for that window. We canít just extend everybody. Our best trade chip is Darvish. If we move him for a prospect, then we are still missing his production as far as next year goes. Same if we move KB and or Javy. Adding on and trying to win next year just isnít going to work. Adding guys in free agency will only replace the production we traded away, or even possibly non tendered. It doesnít make us better. We need prospects. Reset the tax for a year since that seems important to Ricketts. Give our best prospects another year in the minors. Be a player in free agency next offseason and then go for it again in 2022.

That Sox series this weekend looking like it going to be meaningful for the Sox

Indians just came back from down 3-1 to beat them again in extra

The division turning into a 3 team race now for first and second

Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast