Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    And they lose to the awful Pirates because well, they just can't hit

Smh.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

I had the game on mute as I was in a class tonight but saw they had Chafin pitching in the 9th and we get walked off.

Why was he pitching the 9th for us?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTI View Post
    I had the game on mute as I was in a class tonight but saw they had Chafin pitching in the 9th and we get walked off.

He got the last out of the 8th and Kimbrel was warming up. I guess Ross didnít like the matchups for Kimbrel to start off the 9th so he kept Chafin in.

Personally, I wouldíve preferred Kimbrel to pitch the 9th

2016 World Series Champions!!!

9/21-9/24 - Cubs (31-22) at Pirates (15-38) IGT - Just. ****ing. Win.

Last out of the 8th was a lefty so he came in. Bell led off the 9th so they left him in to make Bell hit righty. That worked. Then Chafin had to face 1 more to get to the 3 batter minimum because they put him back out for the 9th. That guy homered.

Who knows, my guess is Ross is just looking at guys for the playoff roster maybe

but then again he used Jeffress up 5 in the 8th last night when he could of used Chafin then

So, who knows what Ross's thought process is now

Quote Originally Posted by CP_414 View Post
    Last out of the 8th was a lefty so he came in. Bell led off the 9th so they left him in to make Bell hit righty. That worked. Then Chafin had to face 1 more to get to the 3 batter minimum because they put him back out for the 9th. That guy homered.
    Like the poster before you said, I would have used Kimbrel in the 9th.

Would like to see if he can perform consisntently in high leverage heading into the post-season.

Chafin is JAG.

I thought if you get the last out of an inning, the 3 batter rule doesn't apply anymore

Like the poster before you said, I would have used Kimbrel in the 9th.

Would like to see if he can perform consisntently in high leverage heading into the post-season.

Chafin is JAG.
    I think itís the right move to turn Bell around. Just a bad break.

Quote Originally Posted by chibears55 View Post
    I thought if you get the last out of an inning, the 3 batter rule doesn't apply anymore
    I believe it applies if you choose to put him in to start the next inning.

Yeah there was nothing wrong with the way Chafin was used there . Bell needed to hit RH in that spot . You never expect A guy like Stallings to hit a HR there . The bigger problem is that the offense is complete **** .

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dfan25; 09-22-2020 at 10:16 PM.

El Mago

I believe it applies if you choose to put him in to start the next inning.
    Ok, I tried finding the exact rule but everything I seen was saying exactly this, that they had to face 3 batters or finish the inning..
    I couldn't find anything that mentioned the possibility of facing 1 or 2 batters the previous inning and then having to face 3 if you pitch the next inning

In an effort to reduce the number of*pitching*changes and, in turn, cut down the average time per*game, MLB instituted a rule change that requires*pitchers*to either*face a minimum of three batters*in an appearance or pitch to the end of a half-inning, with exceptions for injuries and illnesses.

Ok, I tried finding the exact rule but everything I seen was saying exactly this, that they had to face 3 batters or finish the inning..
    I couldn't find anything that mentioned the possibility of facing 1 or 2 batters the previous inning and then having to face 3 if you pitch the next inning

In an effort to reduce the number of*pitching*changes and, in turn, cut down the average time per*game, MLB instituted a rule change that requires*pitchers*to either*face a minimum of three batters*in an appearance or pitch to the end of a half-inning, with exceptions for injuries and illnesses.
    http://m.mlb.com/glossary/rules/three-batter-minimum

In an effort to reduce the number of pitching changes and, in turn, cut down the average time per game, MLB instituted a rule change that requires pitchers to either face a minimum of three batters in an appearance or pitch to the end of a half-inning, with exceptions for injuries and illnesses.

If a pitcher faces one batter to end an inning, he may be removed, but if he is brought back for a second inning, he must still face two more batters for a total of three.

I mean technically you want a better pitcher to pitch extra innings since there's always a guy on 2nd base.

Who knows, my guess is Ross is just looking at guys for the playoff roster maybe

but then again he used Jeffress up 5 in the 8th last night when he could of used Chafin then

So, who knows what Ross's thought process is now
    Sounds like dumb managing to me.

Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast