Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Who's the top rookie?

Ryan and their WRs are great but their roster is overall not good. We should win this game.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Ryan and their WRs are great but their roster is overall not good. We should win this game.
    I am keeping expectation.....crap, who am I kidding, I will no expectations of the Bears on a weekly basis.
    Screw sabermetics.

To me it comes down to the same 3 things every game

1. The defense
    2. The run game
    3. Mitch being able to consistently beat a zone defense so the offense doesn’t stagnate. He does well against man, he has some splash plays against zone, but if he can’t do it throughout the whole game, the offense will be up and down.

Nagys play calling is a factor too. I think this is going to be a close one. There’s something that makes me say they’re going to lose this one, but they could and probably should win it. 3-0 would be a lot of momentum which is huge for any team, but it seems like this team especially feeds off it. In 2018 the defense always showed up against prime time offenses. I’ll be watching close to see how they perform against Matty Ice and the falcons.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    I am keeping expectation.....crap, who am I kidding, I will no expectations of the Bears on a weekly basis.
    The Bears Allways seem to play up...... or down.... to the competition each weak. And it never seems consistent on how we do it either via offense or defense. There have been plenty of games where the Defense keeps us in it and the offense just cant step up to take a game and seal it. There have been others where the Defense completely folds (seem to remember a Dolphins game a year or 2 back that we should have dominated them defensively) and the offense has to carry us to competing. But the two almost never seem to actually coexist. A game where the offense actually clicks and the D doesnt completely fold on a random week.

Im betting on a close game because why would I not. And.... if i had to place a bet on a winner. I just cant see the Falcons going 0-3.... and hoenstly. IDK if the bears deserve to be 3-0 either. hopefully im wrong.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Week 3: Bears (2-0) @ Falcons (0-2) | 12 pm CT, Sunday 9/27/2020 | FOX

Last edited by Stunner; 09-24-2020 at 09:19 AM.

ODAY Sports
    Chicago Bears @ Atlanta Falcons

Headline of the game: Mitchell Trubisky gets another soft matchup to start the season

With a 2-0 start and a respectable 74.4 PFF grade under his belt through the first two weeks of the season, Trubisky is making the decision to name him the starter appear like a smart one. The big disclaimer is that those two games have come against a Lions defense that was short-handed in the secondary and a Giants’ defense that projects as one of the worst in the NFL this season. Luckily for Trubisky, things don’t necessarily get any more difficult this week in Atlanta.

The Falcons have allowed a 129.9 passer rating as a team on targeted passes through two weeks of the 2020 season, a number that ranks ahead of only the Dolphins. A.J. Terrell leads the cornerback group with a 63.4 coverage grade, but he, Isaiah Oliver and Darqueze Dennard have all been picked on at times. It’s another opportunity for Trubisky to turn in a strong performance and continue building confidence as he attempts to turn his career around.

Fantasy

The Chicago Bears have allowed only one passing touchdown this season despite facing the fifth-most passing attempts. With all the passing volume their defense is seeing, they’re going to give up more touchdowns sooner rather than later, especially considering the Falcons rank second in the NFL in passing touchdowns.

Russell Gage has been a popular waiver wire addition after seeing 20 targets over the past two weeks and averaging 80 yards while playing 79% of his snaps out of the slot. The last slot receivers the Bears faced (Danny Amendola, Golden Tate) each had five receptions. Gage is a safe WR3 option for Week 3.

And speaking of WRs, I fully expect a bounce-back effort from Julio Jones after an atrocious Week 2. In his career, following games when Jones has had two or fewer receptions, his stat lines are as follows:

8–106–2
    5–98–0
    7–139–1
    6—115–0
    The Bears have also allowed the second-most targets to outside receivers this season, so the volume should be there for Jones to exceed expectations in Week 3.

David Montgomery saw his fantasy value take a hit before the season due to injury, but he’s started out well and has been RB16 through two weeks. His 3.5 yards after contact per carry is eighth-best for all running backs.

This might not be the best week to start Montgomery. The Falcons’ run defense team grade is sixth-best in the league, and their offense has ranked among the best in passing, receiving and pass blocking. If the Falcons continue putting points on the board, the Bears could lean on Tarik Cohen in a shootout.

Betting

The Falcons continue to invent new ways to lose football games. The flipside of this matchup is that the Bears are 2-0 and Mitchell Trubisky has an above-average passing grade through the first two weeks. Bettors seem as perplexed by this game, as does the general public. The spread has held to the opening number, despite the Falcons receiving over 80% of the cash and ticket percentages. Our Elo rankings have bought into the Bears' start to the season, placing them 14th overall. There is some value on the spread and moneyline, given our current evaluation of these two teams.

https://twitter.com/pff_bears/status...872928256?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    Who's the top rookie?
    CJ Henderson

He gone

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

I am extremely worried Nagy is going to see the Falcons run D stats and go all shotgun, pass happy with Cohen in the backfield. We need to give Montgomery 20+ carries and try to keep the Falcon offense off the field. I like what Alex Brown said the other day "You see Monty go for 10, 12, 6 yard carries and then Cohen or Patterson is brought in and kills the flow." Just let Monty be the bellcow when he is moving the chains FFS.

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast