Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Will the Series Go?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sox Swept

0 0%
  • Sox Win One

1 33.33%
  • Sox Split

2 66.67%
  • Sox Win Three

0 0%
  • Sox Sweep

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    This ain't our year boys. If it were 162 we might have time to correct but with the slump like this of a young team there's just no time. *deep sigh* Next year with the addition of *coughs* Trevor Bauer *coughs* we can try this again.
    It feels bad, but ultimately its just one lost series and another that may be a sweep.

Hopefully they show up this weekend with a pair.

Either way it isnt over. Not feeling as confident as did a week ago obviously but all it takes is 2 of 3 in the opening round to get the team rolling.

It FEELS bad but its still a short slump
    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    At this point ,they just need to concentrate and prepare for the playoffs.........Forget about everything that's happened the last 7 games and move on...The focus everyday and the message from the manger should be the playoffs! Do NOT worry about seeds.......You're in!!!
    I agree, a win tonight would be really nice though. That way we only need 1 of the last 3 to secure at worst 2nd in the AL Central.

We definitely have some negatives going the last week. Our Starting pitching has lost its command. LouBob looks like he's never gonna get a hit again. But there is some light at the end of the tunnel. Marshall, Rodon, and Bummer should all be returning to the pen. Crochet looks like the elite stopper in the Pen that we didn't have. Heuer looks pretty solid in the Pen. Colome is still getting the job done.

What will our 26 man playoff roster look like?

C Grandal
    1B Abreu
    2B Madrigal/Yolmer
    SS Anderson
    3B Moncada
    RF Engel/Mazara
    CF LouBob/Dyson
    RF Eloy
    DH McCann/Edwin

That leaves us 13 Pitchers:

Giolito/Keuchel/Dunning/Cease
    Colome/Bummer/Marshall/Heuer/Crochet/Foster/Reynaldo

These 11 should be playoff Locks, assuming Bummer is healthy. I think Reynaldo has earned his way back onto the playoff roster. He has a sub 1.00 WHIP in his last 3 starts, 2 coming vs the Twins and Indians. He'd likely a long reliever in the playoffs.

So that leaves us 2 to choose from out of Gio/Cishek/Rodon/Fry/Cordero/Detwiler/Ruiz.

I actually feel 100 times better about our BP if Bummer comes back at full strength, and with the addition of Crochet. I'll hold out hope that Rodon can pitch in this weekend series and show us something out of the pen, or maybe in a spot start to allow us to position our rotation for the playoffs. I wouldn't mind a Righty/Lefty Long Reliever Combo of Reynaldo/Rodon. If we could get our bats on track for the playoffs, we could make waves with that rotation, BP, and Hitting.

I feel like today is a must win for us. We need to go up 3 games on the Indians, because I see them sweeping the Pirates with this momentum they have, and I don't see us sweeping the Cubs with how we are playing. Indians have the tie breaker so we aren't really 2 games up on them. Win today, and win 1 vs the Cubs and we secure the 2 spot in the Central.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    I feel like today is a must win for us. We need to go up 3 games on the Indians, because I see them sweeping the Pirates with this momentum they have, and I don't see us sweeping the Cubs with how we are playing. Indians have the tie breaker so we aren't really 2 games up on them. Win today, and win 1 vs the Cubs and we secure the 2 spot in the Central.
    Cheering y'all on

I'm thinking the Cubs will be a cure for what ever is ailing Robert...............Think he will have a good serious against them.

I see tonight's line up............Sitting Robert, good idea, not playing Engel in his place NOT a good idea....Sitting Mandigral and playing the "pet" NOT a good idea....

I'd love to see Vaughn up against the Cubs and sit EE..............But that wont happen. Bummer and Rodon should solidify the pen now along with Crochet..........Glad they DFA'd Chisek!!!!

I see tonight's line up............Sitting Robert, good idea, not playing Engel in his place NOT a good idea....Sitting Mandigral and playing the "pet" NOT a good idea....
    No McCann DH'ing is probably the most annoying. LouBob definitely needed a day off. I don't have a problem with Yolmer giving Madrigal a day off. Engel deserved a start. Engel better at least get the start Saturday vs. Lester.

I'd love to see Vaughn up against the Cubs and sit EE..............But that wont happen. Bummer and Rodon should solidify the pen now along with Crochet..........Glad they DFA'd Chisek!!!!
    If they were gonna bring up Vaughn it should have happened at least a couple weeks ago so he could get acclimated and locked in. I'll just live with being happy about the Crochet call up, and annoyed with no Vaughn. Our lineup with Vaughn hitting like Vaughn should hit, would be deadly.

The "PET" with a Dinger!!!

Another Triple for Yoan! Good sign!

Finally Mazara!

Why cordero!!!

Why is Rodon coming in? This is a huge at bat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is the dumbest BP decision in what amounts to a playoff game!!! RR can't be trusted with the BP decisions after this ****.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast