Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    Honestly, when does this staff get the boot?

They are on their way to an 0-4 start heading into the bye week. Got to do it then to give whoever takes over an additional week to plan.
    Quinn has to go first to get a new GM and plan in place. Let this GM choose the coach they want right away. Let them build up contingences in #1 coach gets away. Give them the rest of this season to really prepare before everyone else rushes out to do it at the end of the year. Let MP stay and lose more to ensure we get to the #1 slot leading to us drafting Trevor Lawrence.

I will be the first to admit that I was on the side of letting these guys have some time to build the team/organization into something respectable. However, it's just not happening. 2 games into this season and I am ready to move on. The way they closed out the 1st half and then gave up a 75 yard run on the first play of the 2nd half was the epitome of same ol' Lions. The fact that they have entirely cleaned house and brought in 'their players' and still can't compete in games is embarrassing. As Whooligun said, Quinn's inability to scout and find talent is atrocious. Combine that with Patricia's inability to coach you have a recipe for disaster.

Everyone has been comparing Patricia to Caldwell because he's his replacement but that's not even a fair comparison now. He's worse than Marinelli who had a washed up Kitna to work with.

Congrats Matty P on making history as a Lions coach! Your record of futility may never be matched!

I will be the first to admit that I was on the side of letting these guys have some time to build the team/organization into something respectable. However, it's just not happening. 2 games into this season and I am ready to move on. The way they closed out the 1st half and then gave up a 75 yard run on the first play of the 2nd half was the epitome of same ol' Lions. The fact that they have entirely cleaned house and brought in 'their players' and still can't compete in games is embarrassing. As Whooligun said, Quinn's inability to scout and find talent is atrocious. Combine that with Patricia's inability to coach you have a recipe for disaster.

Everyone has been comparing Patricia to Caldwell because he's his replacement but that's not even a fair comparison now. He's worse than Marinelli who had a washed up Kitna to work with.
    Right. Marinelli had one of the worst rosters of all time, no wonder they went 0-16. Patricia has had decent pieces throughout his time here (not saying the rosters were great but they were easily better than 2008) and a franchise QB. Patricia has done a worse job with more.

I was the same way and everything else you have said I agree 100%. Like LFLOL said Matty P has had more to work with than Marinelli did. This team is awful and its time Ownership owns up to what they said before this season started. I don't see this team competing for a playoff spot. We will be 0-4 at our bye week. Also agree with LFLOL on that Quinn should be fired before Matty P. If we are going to go down in flames we might as well ride it out with Matty P to the end.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions FIRE EVERYONE!!!
    Detroit Tigers
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

I found this article and I thought it was interesting.

Matt Patricia should be fired sooner rather than later

Here is a couple of highlights that I though were also interesting.

On the field, Detroit’s defense is regularly a bottom-three defense in the league which is a shame considering Patricia is supposed to be a brilliant defensive mind. Instead, his defenses have consistently given up over 330 yards of offense and over 22 points per game against them.
    Breaking it down by season, Patricia’s defense gave up 22.5 points per game and 335 yards per game in his debut year as a head coach in 2018. Last year, Patricia led a defense that gave up 26.4 points per game and a whopping 400 yards per game.
    Now, in his third year, the defense is getting even worse; they’ve given up 34.5 points per game and an astounding 425 yards per game through the first two weeks. And we’ve exactly nothing to think that the defense can get any better under Patricia for the rest of the year.

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    I found this article and I thought it was interesting.

Matt Patricia should be fired sooner rather than later

Here is a couple of highlights that I though were also interesting.
    We've got the league right where we want them!

funny thing about the Packers game they dropped like 6 or 7 passes.

I am not trying to defend Patricia but didn't he give up the responsibility of defensive play calling this year?

I am not trying to defend Patricia but didn't he give up the responsibility of defensive play calling this year?
    So we have been told.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Eric Bienemy please
    Andy Reid disciples are the next Bill Belichick disciples

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post

Except one has already won a super bowl.......

Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    I don't think so. Harbaugh, Rivera, and Pederson are miles ahead of what any Patriots disciple has accomplished post leaving BB. Sure, there are duds of head coaches in there (Nagy, Bowles, Shurmur for example) but thus far they have proven far more successful. I can understand the concern because everyone is having the same thoughts because the Chiefs are the hot flavor but my interest isn't just because he is an Andy Reid disciple but the way they run their offense. It is a spread/air raid offense; we have a QB with a strong arm and was very successful throwing down the field as recent as last year and the NFL is pass happy. Need meets match imo. Even if you trade Matt you still would have an offensive minded HC and offensive pieces in place to be successful for the new QB (Lawrence?).

He also has had success working with RB's in KC, MIN, and Colorado. Sure AP was a sure thing but he also has had success with Kareem Hunt, Chester Taylor, Toby Gerhart, Jones-Drew (at UCLA), Spencer Ware, and Damien Williams (who looked like a bust with the Lolphins). So everywhere he went he had backs contribute as well, coincidently the Lions have two second round RB's who can catch and run and both theoretically would benefit from Bieniemy as their coach.

Just out of curiosity where would you like to see the Lions go post-MP?
    Last edited by LionsFan..LOL; 09-23-2020 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I don't think so. Harbaugh, Rivera, and Pederson are miles ahead of what any Patriots disciple has accomplished post leaving BB. Sure, there are duds of head coaches in there (Nagy, Bowles, Shurmur for example) but thus far they have proven far more successful. I can understand the concern because everyone is having the same thoughts because the Chiefs are the hot flavor but my interest isn't just because he is an Andy Reid disciple but the way they run their offense. It is a spread/air raid offense; we have a QB with a strong arm and was very successful throwing down the field as recent as last year and the NFL is pass happy. Need meets match imo. Even if you trade Matt you still would have an offensive minded HC and offensive pieces in place to be successful for the new QB (Lawrence?).

He also has had success working with RB's in KC, MIN, and Colorado. Sure AP was a sure thing but he also has had success with Kareem Hunt, Chester Taylor, Toby Gerhart, Jones-Drew (at UCLA), Spencer Ware, and Damien Williams (who looked like a bust with the Lolphins). So everywhere he went he had backs contribute as well, coincidently the Lions have two second round RB's who can catch and run and both theoretically would benefit from Bieniemy as their coach.

Just out of curiosity where would you like to see the Lions go post-MP?
    I'm on the Bieniemy train as our next head coach. I think he should have gotten a head coaching job last year but glad he didn't so we can hire him. I would also like us to hire Louis Riddick as our next GM. Riddick and Bieniemy would work very well together. Of course that is if Riddick wants to leave the MNF booth to be a GM in the league. I think we need someone that actually knows WTF they are doing as a GM.

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by ahoda View Post
    Except one has already won a super bowl.......
    when you have when of the best QBs to step foot on the planet

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast