Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il

Tarik Cohen Signs 3 year / $17.25M extension

Im really not surprised.... just surprised that Robinson was not the priority here. Nagy keeps his Gadget guy. I know i read somewhere that anything over 4 mil would be considered too high by some. I dont know why people would expect an amount that low though... He got a Sproles like deal IMO....

Now we just have to focus on Robinson and get that done.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

Quote Originally Posted by Kyben36 View Post
    Im really not surprised.... just surprised that Robinson was not the priority here. Nagy keeps his Gadget guy. I know i read somewhere that anything over 4 mil would be considered too high by some. I dont know why people would expect an amount that low though... He got a Sproles like deal IMO....

Now we just have to focus on Robinson and get that done.
    One hundred percent worth paying Robinson 18 or 19 per and letting go of cohen rather than sticking to 16 and losing out on ARob.

We'll see i guess ...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

In a house in a Coldesac in Lake in the Hills, Il
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    One hundred percent worth paying Robinson 18 or 19 per and letting go of cohen rather than sticking to 16 and losing out on ARob.

We'll see i guess ...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    It all goes away if Robinson ends up signed... Whether its tomorrow or at the end of the season when he test FA. IF he leaves I will be upset. Until then Im going to trust pace not to let our best Offensive weapon leave. And FWIW IDK if i beleive it will come down to Cohen or Robinson..... I think it would come down to Mitch or Robinson. And even as a Mitch truther Im leaning you cant let Robinson go.

‎"If your going to be thinking anyway, you might as well think big"

-Rem Koolhaas

I want an ARob extension this week. There is no excuses now, Pace.
    Screw sabermetics.

If this is done and not Robinson its beyond ridiculous. I like Cohen but he is pretty much a gadget player. If you cry poor but do this for Cohen it sends the wrong message as well as spending money dumb.

Don’t like this. Cohens a guy you let go and take the comp pick rather than pay IMO.

Better still have Robinson money or this is helllla stupid.

Meh. Cohen kinda sucks. But whatever. Hopefully A-Rob is next.

YPT went down over 2 yards from 2018 to 19. He was lousy, 3 yards on the ground and just under 6 in the air, on a whopping 79 catches. Nagy better have some answers to get him on track again because this extension makes no sense to me. You dont pay a punt returner that kind of money.

Quote Originally Posted by WOwolfOL View Post
    YPT went down over 2 yards from 2018 to 19. He was lousy, 3 yards on the ground and just under 6 in the air, on a whopping 79 catches. Nagy better have some answers to get him on track again because this extension makes no sense to me. You dont pay a punt returner that kind of money.
    Pace hasn't had much issue handing out contracts to mediocre players. Pretty annoying.

Once a Robinson deal is able to get done for an extension, it will calm down on this thread. Hopefully a deal gets done sooner than later, gotta hold on to the Bears’s best offensive player long term

Yuck. That's a bad contract for a backup RB/PR.

I'd like to see how it's structured and where the out is, but $5.6M feels high for a replaceable player that's not hard to find on day 3 of most drafts.
    Last edited by DamnGoat; 09-20-2020 at 12:38 PM.

Dude had 6 touches. I believe all in the 1st half.

I do not understand what Pace is doing, yet another Bears GM pissing in the wind. This team could be the worst in the NFL within 2 seasons the way he has thrown money to older guys, his lousy drafting, and head scratching extensions like this one. Once again it comes down to McCrapsky and Ted “I am stealing money” Phillips hiring the wrong people. If anyone thinks Pace will be fired after this season if it goes bad you are dreaming. Little accountability in this organization, winning is not the top goal.

Not sure what happened to Pace. He showed some promise with decent drafting and signings early on, but he's just been terrible after the Mack trade (which IMO was also a good move). Cohen really doesn't bring much to the table. This is an awful signing. And the fact that Robinson still doesn't have a deal makes it worse.

Quote Originally Posted by La_bibbers View Post
    Pace hasn't had much issue handing out contracts to mediocre players. Pretty annoying.
    Totally agreed.

Bigger than that though, is he gives so much guaranteed money spread out. Spotrac doesn't have the numbers yet, but with the guaranteed amount, we probably can't get out of this for 2 years without big dead cap damage.

Before this offseason, I thought Pace was a decent GM. Trubisky put a damper on everything else he did, but I thought outside that he was competitively decent. Since the end of last season,I think he's firmly put himself in the bottom 5 GM category and he should be fired well before the draft.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast