Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    right now we would have the 10th pick with our game against the raiders being a big deal cause our SOS is kinda insane so we aren't getting any tie breakers thats for sure. A win and we are picking 14thish vs a loss where would picking like 9thish.
    Yeah I always love beating the Raiders but neither team has anything to play for so just give me the L.

With some luck we could get to pick 6 or 7. I'm not really interested in a meaningless victory when it changes our draft pick from an early round pick to a mid round pick.

well we lost so we are picking either 9th or 8th if the eagles win according to this http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

well its new GM time. I do wonder how much control he has or will Elway kinda be there in the back making a ton of decisions. He probably will be judged as a bad GM who got lucky with Manning, but I think he was quite a bit better then that, but he just completely and utterly failed at the most important thing which is the qb after manning.

well its new GM time. I do wonder how much control he has or will Elway kinda be there in the back making a ton of decisions. He probably will be judged as a bad GM who got lucky with Manning, but I think he was quite a bit better then that, but he just completely and utterly failed at the most important thing which is the qb after manning.
    Where is Cy and a thread on the upcoming draft? I love his posts and all the discussion about the players in the upcoming draft.

Quote Originally Posted by dbronco View Post
    Where is Cy and a thread on the upcoming draft? I love his posts and all the discussion about the players in the upcoming draft.
    Him and I follow each other on Twitter. He got married awhile ago and recently moved across country to the Pacific Northwest. Haven't seen him really delve into draft stuff yet so I'm guessing he just doesn't have the time right now

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Him and I follow each other on Twitter. He got married awhile ago and recently moved across country to the Pacific Northwest. Haven't seen him really delve into draft stuff yet so I'm guessing he just doesn't have the time right now
    Darn! Thanks. I love his draft threads. I love the draft. I love getting excited about potential new players.

Congrats to Cy on getting married!

you know its interesting that Stafford becomes available and should the broncos even pursue him. On one hand I think our offense is just about ready to be completely unleashed by having a good qb. We have Jeudy coming back for his 2nd year, KJ Hamler coming back, Noah Fant, our huge list of ok 2ndary TE's, and potentially most importantly Sutton should be back. We are also still locked into paying Gordon so he should be here next year although we would need a new contract for Lindsey. Still need to figure out our right tackle spot and if Cushenberry is good enough at center, but this could be a dynamic offense with a good qb.

On the other hand our defense next year might be a mess. Von has legal trouble and a very cutable contract. Some thing with AJ Bouye, Casey, Kareem jackson, and Callahan. Then we have to try to resign alexander johnson, Shelby harris, and Justin Simmons.

the biggest question at the end of the day will be what he costs though. I have seen anything from multiple firsts to a couple of a 2nds. if the price isn't to much we could trade for him and draft/sign some defense, but is that better then just trading up for someone or hoping someone falls to us.

you know its interesting that Stafford becomes available and should the broncos even pursue him. On one hand I think our offense is just about ready to be completely unleashed by having a good qb. We have Jeudy coming back for his 2nd year, KJ Hamler coming back, Noah Fant, our huge list of ok 2ndary TE's, and potentially most importantly Sutton should be back. We are also still locked into paying Gordon so he should be here next year although we would need a new contract for Lindsey. Still need to figure out our right tackle spot and if Cushenberry is good enough at center, but this could be a dynamic offense with a good qb.

On the other hand our defense next year might be a mess. Von has legal trouble and a very cutable contract. Some thing with AJ Bouye, Casey, Kareem jackson, and Callahan. Then we have to try to resign alexander johnson, Shelby harris, and Justin Simmons.

the biggest question at the end of the day will be what he costs though. I have seen anything from multiple firsts to a couple of a 2nds. if the price isn't to much we could trade for him and draft/sign some defense, but is that better then just trading up for someone or hoping someone falls to us.
    I am really glad that we didn't get Stafford. I wanted him in Denver until I saw what the Rams paid to get him - two future 1st rounders, 2021 3rd round pick, and Jared Goff. No way would I want the Broncos to spend that much on Stafford. And it looks like Deshaun Watson will be even more expensive if he is traded at all.

For the time being, I am hoping that OT Penei Sewell falls to #9 which is highly unlikely. Since that is extremely unlikely, I am hoping the Broncos get LB Micah Parsons with the pick.

I hope we solve the RT spot in free agency...........and we've got to get Simmons and Jackson back and get better at CBs.

I am fine to roll with Drew Lock another year and build up the rest of the team around him.....and hope Lock puts it more together in his third year.
    Last edited by dbronco; 02-03-2021 at 11:57 PM.

What options do the Broncos have if Penei Sewell falls to #9?
    They certainly can't just cut Ja'Wuan James, right? That would be way too much of a cap hit, right?

I would love it if Sewell fell to #9, but would it make sense for the Broncos to select him?
    Wouldn't the OL be too crowded if they took Sewell and it would sort of be a 'wasted' pick?
    Or would it be relatively easy to find a trade partner for James?

I love George Paton. I was completely on the Elway bandwagon (again; getting back on ~2-3 years ago) because of the more recent great drafts Elway has pulled in.
    But, Elway is more of a riverboat gambler. Paton is calm, clear, even-keeled, and has made great decisions so far IMO.
    Before getting Teddy Bridgewater, I figured we probably would not trade up, a coveted QB would not fall to us, and I would finally get my wish - we would trade back and get at least another 2nd round pick (impact player). The team already looks good on paper, although Lock, and now Bridgewater, make the QB position still a wildcard.

Nevertheless, the team still seems to me like a house of cards - very little depth and holes about to pop open in different places. Acquiring Bridgewater just makes trading back more of a possibility - what I have wanted for the last four years. Here is what I think could be great:

Trade back with LV or WFT and get a really good OL at 17 or 19. Christian Darrisaw, Teven Jenkins, or Alijah Vera-Tucker(?). Our OL has been a problem for at least five years. This would put that issue to rest.

With our two 2nd round picks get the best RB and MLB (who can cover TE's and RB's) on the board at those picks.
    Then S, CB, DL, and special teams in any order for the rest of the picks.

man I knew I would be pissed when we traded for bridgwater because it likely meant we weren't going QB. So we get to have somewhere between the 20th and 30th ranking qb again for the 7th straight year. Thank god we have a first round tight end, a first round wr, a first round LT, and two early 2nd round WR's for our garbage qb next year to throw to.

man I knew I would be pissed when we traded for bridgwater because it likely meant we weren't going QB. So we get to have somewhere between the 20th and 30th ranking qb again for the 7th straight year. Thank god we have a first round tight end, a first round wr, a first round LT, and two early 2nd round WR's for our garbage qb next year to throw to.
    Meh. If Lock can pull his head out of his *** and start taking things seriously, he will improve. A rookie QB wouldn't have progressed us much, if at all. Very disappointed in the dudes performance to date though.

It's pretty crazy how stacked we are on offense when healthy if you think about it.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Meh. If Lock can pull his head out of his *** and start taking things seriously, he will improve. A rookie QB wouldn't have progressed us much, if at all. Very disappointed in the dudes performance to date though.

It's pretty crazy how stacked we are on offense when healthy if you think about it.
    a rookie qb wouldn't help us win next year more then likely. I don't think a cb4 is going to help us win that much year either though and now we are still looking for a QB unless you really think Lock is the answer. we are going to perpetually be in the 10-15 pick range till we figure out QB. Drew Lock was tied for last in picks with only 13 games, was 29/33 in qbr, and 32/35 in qb rating. he was dead last in completion percentage. I don't see a path where aren't going somwhere between 6-11 to 8-9 next year. the only position that matters in the NFL today is qb and we keep punting it.

Looks like we are rolling with Lock / Bridgewater..............it would be awesome if somehow Aaron Rodgers ends up in Denver!

I would have taken Justin Fields, or if the Broncos really consider him to be not worth the #9 pick (or they think or know Rodgers will be a Bronco), and there was no good deal to trade back, I would have taken Micah Parsons.
    I do trust Paton, so I assume Surtain will be a great corner for us.

However, I kept hearing how Paton likes to "accumulate draft picks" and "have as many darts as possible to throw at the board", etc. I assumed that meant he would trade back if there was a good deal to do so. The Bears paid a large amount to the Giants to move up to #11, so I assume we could have gotten quite the haul from the Bears to move up to our #9. But, we didn't do it - I don't understand why.

Maybe Paton considers the OL to be solid, but, if not, Teven Jenkins is still available. And JOK is still available which would be the coverage LB we have needed forever or Trevon Moehrig or Richie Grant at S to replace Kareem Jackson next year.
    At this point, I assume we will wait until the 3rd (or later) to take a RB like Javonte Williams or Michael Carter.

If Paton considers the OL solid and we are set at RB, then we could really fortify the D and build a beastly defense.

Im praying we land Rodgers somehow.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Me and my Boys.
    Thank you PSD for your support and prayers.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast