Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dhopisthename View Post
    right now we would have the 10th pick with our game against the raiders being a big deal cause our SOS is kinda insane so we aren't getting any tie breakers thats for sure. A win and we are picking 14thish vs a loss where would picking like 9thish.
    Yeah I always love beating the Raiders but neither team has anything to play for so just give me the L.

With some luck we could get to pick 6 or 7. I'm not really interested in a meaningless victory when it changes our draft pick from an early round pick to a mid round pick.

well we lost so we are picking either 9th or 8th if the eagles win according to this http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

well its new GM time. I do wonder how much control he has or will Elway kinda be there in the back making a ton of decisions. He probably will be judged as a bad GM who got lucky with Manning, but I think he was quite a bit better then that, but he just completely and utterly failed at the most important thing which is the qb after manning.

well its new GM time. I do wonder how much control he has or will Elway kinda be there in the back making a ton of decisions. He probably will be judged as a bad GM who got lucky with Manning, but I think he was quite a bit better then that, but he just completely and utterly failed at the most important thing which is the qb after manning.
    Where is Cy and a thread on the upcoming draft? I love his posts and all the discussion about the players in the upcoming draft.

Quote Originally Posted by dbronco View Post
    Where is Cy and a thread on the upcoming draft? I love his posts and all the discussion about the players in the upcoming draft.
    Him and I follow each other on Twitter. He got married awhile ago and recently moved across country to the Pacific Northwest. Haven't seen him really delve into draft stuff yet so I'm guessing he just doesn't have the time right now

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Him and I follow each other on Twitter. He got married awhile ago and recently moved across country to the Pacific Northwest. Haven't seen him really delve into draft stuff yet so I'm guessing he just doesn't have the time right now
    Darn! Thanks. I love his draft threads. I love the draft. I love getting excited about potential new players.

Congrats to Cy on getting married!

you know its interesting that Stafford becomes available and should the broncos even pursue him. On one hand I think our offense is just about ready to be completely unleashed by having a good qb. We have Jeudy coming back for his 2nd year, KJ Hamler coming back, Noah Fant, our huge list of ok 2ndary TE's, and potentially most importantly Sutton should be back. We are also still locked into paying Gordon so he should be here next year although we would need a new contract for Lindsey. Still need to figure out our right tackle spot and if Cushenberry is good enough at center, but this could be a dynamic offense with a good qb.

On the other hand our defense next year might be a mess. Von has legal trouble and a very cutable contract. Some thing with AJ Bouye, Casey, Kareem jackson, and Callahan. Then we have to try to resign alexander johnson, Shelby harris, and Justin Simmons.

the biggest question at the end of the day will be what he costs though. I have seen anything from multiple firsts to a couple of a 2nds. if the price isn't to much we could trade for him and draft/sign some defense, but is that better then just trading up for someone or hoping someone falls to us.

you know its interesting that Stafford becomes available and should the broncos even pursue him. On one hand I think our offense is just about ready to be completely unleashed by having a good qb. We have Jeudy coming back for his 2nd year, KJ Hamler coming back, Noah Fant, our huge list of ok 2ndary TE's, and potentially most importantly Sutton should be back. We are also still locked into paying Gordon so he should be here next year although we would need a new contract for Lindsey. Still need to figure out our right tackle spot and if Cushenberry is good enough at center, but this could be a dynamic offense with a good qb.

On the other hand our defense next year might be a mess. Von has legal trouble and a very cutable contract. Some thing with AJ Bouye, Casey, Kareem jackson, and Callahan. Then we have to try to resign alexander johnson, Shelby harris, and Justin Simmons.

the biggest question at the end of the day will be what he costs though. I have seen anything from multiple firsts to a couple of a 2nds. if the price isn't to much we could trade for him and draft/sign some defense, but is that better then just trading up for someone or hoping someone falls to us.
    I am really glad that we didn't get Stafford. I wanted him in Denver until I saw what the Rams paid to get him - two future 1st rounders, 2021 3rd round pick, and Jared Goff. No way would I want the Broncos to spend that much on Stafford. And it looks like Deshaun Watson will be even more expensive if he is traded at all.

For the time being, I am hoping that OT Penei Sewell falls to #9 which is highly unlikely. Since that is extremely unlikely, I am hoping the Broncos get LB Micah Parsons with the pick.

I hope we solve the RT spot in free agency...........and we've got to get Simmons and Jackson back and get better at CBs.

I am fine to roll with Drew Lock another year and build up the rest of the team around him.....and hope Lock puts it more together in his third year.
    Last edited by dbronco; 02-03-2021 at 11:57 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12