Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: RBG Has Died

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Oh, I think both sides are hypocritical. But there you go again assuming that because both sides are hypocritical they must be hypocritical in equal measure.
    And there YOU go again assuming I am assigning an equal ranking. That's in your head and not in what I wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    OK. So if the people choose a Democratic President and a Democratic Senate the people chose the outcome if they expand the court.

It's the same logic.
    True to the extent that the people choose who represents them. What those representatives do is on them individually. But expecting them to do what's best for their party is the way to bet.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    16 year terms where 1 term expires every election year and an odd number of justices. Each inaugaration the new/re-elected president appoints someone to fill the newly vacated space. Start the process by changing the oldest current justice's term to 4 years
    I would be alright with some sort of similar change I think at the very least. I believe the Democrats actually came up with something along these lines even if not completely the same or my choice necessarily. If that passes then maybe it at least helps, if it doesn't though I think it's possible more drastic measures get taken eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    The point is the Rep senate decided not to do their job when a Dem President made a nomination. The Senate shouldnt get to shirk there responsibilities bc the other party has the White House. If they had held hearings and voted Garland unfit they could have said they were representing the people. They didn’t
    True. But the end result is the same.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Classic Scooter.
    Classic splif

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Politicians play one side against the other and play on people fears to get them to comply or support one side or the other on one subject after another.

If people are angry or afraid they are easier to control and use.

"If they do this it is unjust and wrong! You should be angry and vote for me!"
    "If they do that it is unjust and wrong! You should be afraid and vote for me!"
    Stop trying to be deep. SC judge dies, President nominates new judge, senates holds hearing and votes. Those are the rules. Last time they refused to follow the rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

True, but this idea that only the GOP are hypocrites is silly. And the result of packing the court (against RBG's wishes by the way since so many seem to think her wishes are critical) then there will be repercussions the other way again. This is the game.
    RBG also wished that her seat would be filled after the election and new session in January. So doesn’t really matter much.

RBG Has Died

True. But the end result is the same.
    They know some of there constituents would not like it if they voted against a qualified controversy free candidate for political purposes. It’s a weak move. those who flopped should be called out

Last edited by ewing; 09-25-2020 at 08:30 PM.

Classic splif
    Classic classic

And there YOU go again assuming I am assigning an equal ranking. That's in your head and not in what I wrote.
    I'll vouch for Scoot Dogg on this one, you never did necessarily specifically say they are equal. But at the same time, you dont not say it, and you do seem to allude to it.

Side note, allude is my new word.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I'll vouch for Scoot Dogg on this one, you never did necessarily specifically say they are equal. But at the same time, you dont not say it, and you do seem to allude to it.

Side note, allude is my new word.

He’s “the alluder” .

Yup. [emoji4]

Actually you assumed because I'm calling out the Republicans for their hypocrisy here that means I don't think both sides are hypocritical:

That you don't think one side is hypocritical is odd.
    But let's play this out (and have a repeat of last time), so you don't think their hypocrisy is an equal ranking. Which side do you think is worse? Or am I about to be hit with several pages of "I don't know how you'd judge that/their hypocritical in different ways/it's impossible to determine such a thing/etc." while insisting that even though you have no idea which is more hypocritical, you know for certain you don't think they're equally hypocritical...

Or you could just agree that what the Republicans are doing right now his hypocritical without trying to "both sides" it and make sure everyone knows that Democrats can also be hypocritical too.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Stop trying to be deep. SC judge dies, President nominates new judge, senates holds hearing and votes. Those are the rules. Last time they refused to follow the rules.
    Were any rules actually broken?

It's not deep to say that we are being used and manipulated. Congress doesn't want to touch some subjects so they keep saying it's up the the courts rather than do their jobs. As that keeps happening the court gets more and more politicized to the public.

It's all pretty much BS. The Dems do something shady, the Reps respond in kind, and around we go predictably.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    RBG also wished that her seat would be filled after the election and new session in January. So doesn’t really matter much.
    My point was that her wishes should be followed when they agree with them but not when they don't.

Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 2425051525354 ... LastLast