Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: RBG Has Died

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    I'm sorry, what did Al Gore blame his loss on again?
    How does that refute my point? All I said was the GOP was no better at accepting defeat. Jesus you’re bad at this

And Gore had a legitimate gripe.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    They could only do that if they have control of the WH, the Senate and the House. Which is very unlikely. As for making it harder to change the court, well if I'm Democrats I do that in the very same bill I up it to 13. I wouldn't even be coy about what I'm doing. Republicans got this political first with Garland and now RGB. Democrats lose games like this because they aren't ready to get as underhanded as Republicans. Well, that stops here. I will have zero, absolutely zero sympathy if Democrats win all 3 and expand the Supreme Court.

Hell, expand it to 21 and make the law cap it at that, and get a 15-6 majority on the Supreme Court that will never be broken. Republicans want to pay dirty, then turnabout is fair play.
    All the "they did it first" and "they did it worse" stuff is just pointless. They all want to win at whatever cost, it's just that the Dems are better at PR.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    Anyone who says something as asinine as “impeachment over nothing” is not to be taken seriously.
    Uh oh ... you just said it.

Republicans blame all their losses on voter fraud and the mainstream media... cut the crap.
    How does that refute my point? All I said was the GOP was no better at accepting defeat. Jesus you’re bad at this

And Gore had a legitimate gripe.
    You said Republicans blame all their losses on voter fraud and the media. I simply pointed out a Dem example.
    My apologies for replying to your own words.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    And exactly how do you think they'll be able modify that act once a lawsuit has been filed and it has been pushed to the SC. Specifically while the SC is a +3 conservative advantage.
    There would be no lawsuit. It’s a simple law that substitutes the number 9 for another. It’s perfectly constitutional and has been done dozens of times. If modifying it isn’t constitutional then the court has a sticky deal of untangling what the number of justices is. But it wouldn’t be 9 because it was made to 9 by the 1869 law that would also de facto be unconstitutional.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    There's a difference between left/right bs and fascism (don't kid yourself , Trump is that far right).

The system isn't quite allowing him to do the things he wants, but that doesn't change what he is.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Great post (I suppose.)

But it has nothing to do with why can't dems just lose gracefully. Why can't they accept a loss???

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    All the "they did it first" and "they did it worse" stuff is just pointless. They all want to win at whatever cost, it's just that the Dems are better at PR.
    Better at PR maybe, but far worse at winning at whatever cost. Not anymore. Get as underhanded as Republicans and make the Supreme Court unreachable. Or Republicans could compromise and agree to wait until after the election to have the President nominate a new Justice. If they did that they'd be guaranteed a majority on the court, either 5 or 6. I don't think they'd take that compromise, thus my lack of sympathy for them if their blatant hypocrisy backfires.

Anyone who says something as asinine as “impeachment over nothing” is not to be taken seriously.
    Sez a guy who uses an Osoma Iimage to ID himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I don't see how the SC nom assures him winning.
    Oh, I think his entire strategy is probably gonna be behind this.

The guy failed. He has to do something to get people to support him. This would be huge and like I said, Republican stick together. This would be a move that gets them back on board with Trump.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

This could all work out for Democrats if they confirm a new SC Justice and they take the Presidency and the Senate. We'll see a 13 court Supreme Court and a Liberal majority on the court.

If that happens, Republicans will only have themselves to blame.
    Serious question………
    Assuming that Trump appoints whoever, Biden wins and the Senate goes dem……let's assume all that (and it is a real possibility)……

Would you really be OK with the dems just adding 4 liberal judges??? Would you really be OK with that???

It is an absolutely awful precedent. In the future, there is nothing to stop repubs from doing the same thing or not replacing liberal judges at all.

How could anyone possibly be OK with packing the court???

That absolutely amazes me that this could be acceptable to anyone who has an understanding of how the US operates as a country.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Ain't nobody gracious in DC.....and standard partisanship is our worst enemy at this point
    Agreed. There are some humble people on both sides but they’re not the egomaniacs sucking up attention on cable news. They’re busy working.

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Serious question………
    Assuming that Trump appoints whoever, Biden wins and the Senate goes dem……let's assume all that (and it is a real possibility)……

Would you really be OK with the dems just adding 4 liberal judges??? Would you really be OK with that???

It is an absolutely awful precedent. In the future, there is nothing to stop repubs from doing the same thing or not replacing liberal judges at all.

How could anyone possibly be OK with packing the court???

That absolutely amazes me that this could be acceptable to anyone who has an understanding of how the US operates as a country.
    Of course I'm OK with it. If Republicans are going to be OK with being gigantic hypocrites to get another SC Justice on the court before this election then why wouldn't I be?

The thing that would stop Republicans from doing it is they'd have to control all 3 of the White House, the Senate and the House.

The reason Democrats would add 4 SC Justices to the court is the exact same reason Republicans are saying they can appoint a new SC Justice before this election: because they can.

If Republicans don't want this to happen, maybe they should stop being hypocrites and appointing a Justice simply because they have the ability to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    do you really think that if the Senate decided not to vote now and wait, that the next time Democrats were in the position that they would also agree to wait? come on.

politics has become this ruthless, play to win.
    Now that’s a fair point. And the sooner we can be honest with ourselves, that the reason the GOP delayed last time but not now is to “play to win”, the sooner we can have real conversations.

All these phony rationales from both sides are ridiculous. It’s all partisan flip flopping to serve their own best interests. And the GOP is far better at it than Dems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Oh, I think his entire strategy is probably gonna be behind this.

The guy failed. He has to do something to get people to support him. This would be huge and like I said, Republican stick together. This would be a move that gets them back on board with Trump.
    He'd probably get more votes if he said he was going to wait to appoint a Justice until after the election because then he could tell every Republican he needs their vote or else Democrats will appoint the Justice.

They could only do that if they have control of the WH, the Senate and the House. Which is very unlikely. As for making it harder to change the court, well if I'm Democrats I do that in the very same bill I up it to 13. I wouldn't even be coy about what I'm doing. Republicans got this political first with Garland and now RGB. Democrats lose games like this because they aren't ready to get as underhanded as Republicans. Well, that stops here. I will have zero, absolutely zero sympathy if Democrats win all 3 and expand the Supreme Court.

Hell, expand it to 21 and make the law cap it at that, and get a 15-6 majority on the Supreme Court that will never be broken. Republicans want to pay dirty, then turnabout is fair play.
    It's like you are ignorant on history. This is the Biden rule in 2016. You can blame the dems if you want to be truthful.

Page 35 of 58 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast