Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: RBG Has Died

Wow the right really is having a conniption over the possibility of packing the court. You guys have screwed over liberals at every opportunity and now have a tantrum over the idea of liberals fighting back. What a bunch of babies.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    The democrats were pledging revenge way before the death occurred. They were talking about changing the rules etc. The senate has been changing for at least 7-8 years now from both sides.

The Kavanaugh fight was what really made me angry against the left. What they did to that guy was insane and made me legit hate a lot of people on that side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Need a hanky?

What the right did the CBF made me hate you guys even more than I already did.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I love the, "hey, no more mr. nice guy if Trump nominates someone" bs. As if they haven't impeached the president and tried to block is last appointment with faux rape allegations.
    How dare they impeach a president who continuously breaks the law and acts like a dictator!! Waaaah!!
    Mommy, bring me my binky!!

-JFK

RBG Has Died

The democrats were pledging revenge way before the death occurred. They were talking about changing the rules etc. The senate has been changing for at least 7-8 years now from both sides.

The Kavanaugh fight was what really made me angry against the left. What they did to that guy was insane and made me legit hate a lot of people on that side.

II think they treated that guy like ****. That doesn’t mean anyone from the opposing party can be as big or a bigger ******* and get a pass. Your outrage is selective.

Last edited by ewing; 09-21-2020 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    II think they treated that guy like ****. That doesn’t mean anyone from the opposing party can be as big or a bigger ******* and get a pass. You outrage is selective.

They didn’t treat him like ****, unless you think giving his accuser a chance to tell her story was treating him like ****.

-JFK

RBG Has Died

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    They didn’t treat him like ****, unless you think giving his accuser a chance to tell her story was treating him like ****.
    anytime someone accuses someone of something the accuser shouldn’t automatically get a national audience and have a group of people with ulterior motives looking to destroy the accused.

Last edited by ewing; 09-21-2020 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    anytime someone accuses someone of something the accuser shouldn’t automatically get a national audience and have a group of people with ulterior motives looking to destroy the accused.

I’m not going to derail the thread by rehashing Kavanaugh, but there was there was corroborating evidence in Ford’s case and the thing wouldn’t have gone very far if it weren’t for that. He wasn’t treated unfairly, and his meltdown in front of the Senate and going on partisan rants about the Clintons showed he didn’t belong anywhere near the court anyway.

-JFK

How dare they impeach a president who continuously breaks the law and acts like a dictator!! Waaaah!!
    Mommy, bring me my binky!!
    No way in hell you're 25.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

born and raised on the south side of Chicago.

I'm pretty sure we can find posts of your selective anger for the left before the Kavenaugh hearings. But what has hard data ever done to sway your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

And admit that if the roles were reversed and Biden was president and senate dems had control you would want to see them nominate someone instead of waiting until the next election...

We all know it’s true.

Not at all. The only reason we’re having this conversation at all is because Mitch wrongfully refuses to even have a hearing for Garland.

Let’s simplify. Obama’s pick deserves a vote. Trumps pick this week deserves a vote.

That’s all.

But since your party made a ridiculous argument against Garland and set the standard for that pick, it should continue now. Mitch did this and so did the rest when they put up a fight and said they’d take the same approach today. Wanna see the Lindsey Graham quote again?

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    No, it's an old playbook, alright. FDR got shot down trying to pull this one. It's like trying to add a fifth quarter to a football game because you lost, lol.
    The court has expanded and shrunk 7 times.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    It's so kindergarten. How these guys think that they're standing on the high ground is beyond any realm of reality.

They've been playing the dirtiest political games since Nixon, and they act like they're the victims.

So laughable.
    Defending Trump. Defending the fight against Garland but those rules don’t apply now. Constantly fighting the rules because you don’t have a majority.
    Acting like wearing a mask is a threat.

Who’s acting immature?

You can’t honestly take that stance and feel ok with republicans.

impeachment.. for some reason.

hysterical temper tantrum.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Should be fun...

2016. Senator Ted Cruz (R-Texas): “It has been 80 years since a Supreme Court vacancy was nominated and confirmed in an election year. There is a long tradition that you don’t do this in an election year.”

2018. Senator Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina) “If an opening comes in the last year of President Trump’s term, and the primary process has started, we’ll wait to the next election.”

2016. Senator Marco Rubio (R-Florida): “I don’t think we should be moving on a nominee in the last year of this president’s term - I would say that if it was a Republican president.”

2016. Senator David Perdue (R-Georgia): “The very balance of our nation’s highest court is in serious jeopardy. As a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, I will do everything in my power to encourage the president and Senate leadership not to start this process until we hear from the American people.”

2016. Senator Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa): “A lifetime appointment that could dramatically impact individual freedoms and change the direction of the court for at least a generation is too important to get bogged down in politics. The American people shouldn’t be denied a voice.”

2016. Senator Thom Tillis (R-North Carolina): “The campaign is already under way. It is essential to the institution of the Senate and to the very health of our republic to not launch our nation into a partisan, divisive confirmation battle during the very same time the American people are casting their ballots to elect our next president.”

2016. Senator Richard Burr (R-Nor th Carolina) “In this election year, the American people will have an opportunity to have their say in the future direction of our country. For this reason, I believe the vacancy left open by Justice Antonin Scalia should not be filled until there is a new president.”

2016. Senator Roy Blunt (R-Missouri): “The Senate should not confirm a new Supreme Court justice until we have a new president.”

2016. Senator Cory Gardner (R-Colorado): “I think we’re too close to the election. The president who is elected in November should be the one who makes this decision.”

2016. Senator Rob Portman (R-Ohio): “I believe the best thing for the country is to trust the American people to weigh in on who should make a lifetime appointment that could reshape the Supreme Court for generations. This wouldn’t be unusual. It is common practice for the Senate to stop acting on lifetime appointments during the last year of a presidential term, and it’s been nearly 80 years since any president was permitted to immediately fill a vacancy that arose in a presidential election year.”

2016 Senator Ron Johnson (R-Wiscconsin): “I strongly agree that the American people should decide the future direction of the Supreme Court by their votes for president and the majority party in the U.S. Senate.”

2016. Senator Mitch McConnell (R-Kentucky): “The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.”

now do what Democrats said.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Republicans had control them and they do now, and clearly they (and all of you supporting them) are 100% full of ****.

win the Senate.

"elections have consequences" isn't just about the presidency.

Obama quote BTW.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast