Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 25 of 58 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: RBG Has Died

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    And how do you propose they'll be able to stack the SC?
    Modifying the Judiciary Act of 1869 would be a pretty simple way to do it.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

"We'll change the rules if you play by them!"
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

RBG Has Died

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    So you admit they changed the rules to help them get an advantage? That’s exactly the point. They couldn’t get people through so they changed the rules to their advantage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    someone else did something wrong in the past. I can do anything I want!!!

Last edited by ewing; 09-20-2020 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    "We'll change the rules if you play by them!"
    Democrats can’t play by rules that Republicans have decided no longer apply. Expecting Democrats to keep playing by an old playbook while Republicans play by a new one is ****ing stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Democrats can’t play by rules that Republicans have decided no longer apply. Expecting Democrats to keep playing by an old playbook while Republicans play by a new one is ****ing stupid.
    No, it's an old playbook, alright. FDR got shot down trying to pull this one. It's like trying to add a fifth quarter to a football game because you lost, lol.
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Modifying the Judiciary Act of 1869 would be a pretty simple way to do it.
    And exactly how do you think they'll be able modify that act once a lawsuit has been filed and it has been pushed to the SC. Specifically while the SC is a +3 conservative advantage.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    someone else did something wrong in the past. I can do anything I want!!!

Feel free.

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    I don’t mind someone trying to sell something. When there’s a beer commercial during football, I’m not offended that there’s a hot chick trying to sell it. The difference is, politicians are not suppose to be “salesman.” Their purpose is to identify and solve issues facing the country or their local district. You’re right in identifying the issues, I just see politicians as leading into these extremes if not outright causing them.

Prior to Obama were Bush and Clinton who had just as much over the top opposition as Obama, if not more. Clinton was “impeached” and Bush was labeled a murderer and blamed (by some) for acts out of his control- 9/11, Katrina, etc. Both of them had it just as bad as Trump and Obama. The reason that Obama is the same is because he ran on extremes and catered/rallies his base. Obama and Trump are very similar candidates, just different on the issues. If you look at the candidates both have faced, they are similar as well. McCain, Romney, Hillary and Biden are all “moderate” candidates compared to the candidate they faced/facing. This typically doesn’t rally the base as it’s not good enough to run against a candidate. Usually, people don’t leave the houses to vote against a candidate. They want to vote for someone.
    You have to sell yourself and your ideas to get votes, as I noted every politician is doing this it isn't even just the main party candidates. The issue is the level/extent and extreme nature you go to around it. That's where people like Trump clearly separate themselves from even a Biden who separates himself from other dems that lose but actually have policy focus not just this game of beating the other team.

Clinton did get impeached and I have noted before the Newt Gingrich and Fox news approach starting before that as well/the devolving of the party since that timeframe into what it is now. The opposition was a bit different still though in not only the rhetoric used like shown with POTUS but also how they handled his judges/policy etc. and the glee given by likes of Mcconnell about how much a success it is to stop him from accomplishing anything. 9/11 actually brought this country together more and gave Bush some leeway, it is only in hindsight people have bashed him more and more. That's part of what helped him get reelected and the war was another thing that got him plenty of blame. There is no doubt POTUS have dealt with a party not necessarily working with them and the impeachment was an extreme example but Bush brought tons on himself with his policies leading where they did into that recession along with the war I am not surprised hindsight looks bad. I am talking about the reactions within congress etc. or from a POTUS not just what the media is saying because of course then all are attacked.

The idea that Obama and Trump are similar is ridiculous. Obama did not run on banning a religion from entering, he didn't use disgusting things like birthirism to gain initial traction. You simply don't like him and his policies or something because this comparison is ridiculous. He was not mocking people, attacking groups with extreme rhetoric, using nationality to question judges, or anything like the long list that gets into trumpism. Obama ran on a more left agenda sure (and did not live up to it imo which was actually his bigger issue than what he called for at times), it was nothing like the way Trump has been so extreme/divisive selling hatred of others in group form or based on identity regularly. I dunno, maybe I missed it but you will have to go in depth on how he ran on similar extremes as the above. I am not a major Obama fan but it isn't because he is anything like a Trump or what the Republican party has largely evolved into over the last chunk of years.

Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    simple. end filibuster for legislation. pass law adding SC judges from 9 to 11-13. add that any future additions to SC would require 2/3's majority support. then President Biden signs it and becomes law. but Dems don't have the balls to do it. they need to be like republicans and say FU to any nors, precedent, institutions.
    Lovely. And how do you propose they'll get that through a SC that is +3 conservative?

Lovely. And how do you propose they'll get that through a SC that is +3 conservative?
    I love the, "hey, no more mr. nice guy if Trump nominates someone" bs. As if they haven't impeached the president and tried to block is last appointment with faux rape allegations.

Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    I love the, "hey, no more mr. nice guy if Trump nominates someone" bs. As if they haven't impeached the president and tried to block is last appointment with faux rape allegations.
    It's so kindergarten. How these guys think that they're standing on the high ground is beyond any realm of reality.

They've been playing the dirtiest political games since Nixon, and they act like they're the victims.

So laughable.

It's so kindergarten. How these guys think that they're standing on the high ground is beyond any realm of reality.

They've been playing the dirtiest political games since Nixon, and they act like they're the victims.

So laughable.
    many hoaxes

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    many hoaxes

You finish Rage yet?

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    I fail to realize nothing and you're putting words in my mouth (because it's a lot easier to argue with a straw man than me). The republican party will not win elections when the majority of the country is minority, and we all know why. They made their bed and that day is coming.

I also want to note the democrats aren't really safe either. Do you really think I believe Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi are good people trying to do good things? I absolutely don't and their reckoning is coming too. The politicians we have currently do not work for us and they must be replaced if we want to live in a truly just society. The United States is an oligarchy held up by crooks and liars, but the Republicans are more flagrant and will be the first to fall because of changing demographics. Go read a book.
    Just like how democrats wouldn't lose another election after Obama. How'd that go? And Trump and the Republicans have higher black and latino approval than they did in 16' when they won the presidency so keep telling yourself that ******** propaganda line.
    And if the dems aren't safe, what does that make you?

Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    Just like how democrats wouldn't lose another election after Obama. How'd that go? And Trump and the Republicans have higher black and latino approval than they did in 16' when they won the presidency so keep telling yourself that ******** propaganda line.
    And if the dems aren't safe, what does that make you?
    A fool?
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Page 25 of 58 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast