Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: RBG Has Died

The Patriot Act had little direct impact on the first amendment but it basically gutted several of the others (especially 4, 5 & 6). Of course, it didn’t affect the sacred one (god forfend!).

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    You live make believe victimhood. I have no idea who Robert Lee is, but you can praise him all you want here. I promise you nobody will care.
    You have no idea who Robert Lee is?

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You have no idea who Robert Lee is?
    Should I?

You live make believe victimhood. I have no idea who Robert Lee is, but you can praise him all you want here. I promise you nobody will care.
    And that first sentence is exactly what makes you so naive.

The reality is you (completely in line with the snow flake right) are the one trying to play victim, oh the poor white guy has to live with the fact that they dont deal with systemic inequity. How guilty that must make you feel!

Especially valade. He must lose sleep over it every night. Why dont you ask him about it?

I'm just telling you the reality of the situation, no emotion no politics. The fact that this invokes an emotional response from you should tell you something about yourself.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    And that first sentence is exactly what makes you so naive.

The reality is you (completely in line with the snow flake right) are the one trying to play victim, oh the poor white guy has to live with the fact that they dont deal with systemic inequity. How guilty that must make you feel!

Especially valade. He must lose sleep over it every night. Why dont you ask him about it?

I'm just telling you the reality of the situation, no emotion no politics. The fact that this invokes an emotional response from you should tell you something about yourself.

This doesn't even make sense. What the hell are you trying to say here? lol

Should be fun...

2016. Senator Ted Cruz (R-Texas): “It has been 80 years since a Supreme Court vacancy was nominated and confirmed in an election year. There is a long tradition that you don’t do this in an election year.”

2018. Senator Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina) “If an opening comes in the last year of President Trump’s term, and the primary process has started, we’ll wait to the next election.”

2016. Senator Marco Rubio (R-Florida): “I don’t think we should be moving on a nominee in the last year of this president’s term - I would say that if it was a Republican president.”

2016. Senator David Perdue (R-Georgia): “The very balance of our nation’s highest court is in serious jeopardy. As a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, I will do everything in my power to encourage the president and Senate leadership not to start this process until we hear from the American people.”

2016. Senator Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa): “A lifetime appointment that could dramatically impact individual freedoms and change the direction of the court for at least a generation is too important to get bogged down in politics. The American people shouldn’t be denied a voice.”

2016. Senator Thom Tillis (R-North Carolina): “The campaign is already under way. It is essential to the institution of the Senate and to the very health of our republic to not launch our nation into a partisan, divisive confirmation battle during the very same time the American people are casting their ballots to elect our next president.”

2016. Senator Richard Burr (R-Nor th Carolina) “In this election year, the American people will have an opportunity to have their say in the future direction of our country. For this reason, I believe the vacancy left open by Justice Antonin Scalia should not be filled until there is a new president.”

2016. Senator Roy Blunt (R-Missouri): “The Senate should not confirm a new Supreme Court justice until we have a new president.”

2016. Senator Cory Gardner (R-Colorado): “I think we’re too close to the election. The president who is elected in November should be the one who makes this decision.”

2016. Senator Rob Portman (R-Ohio): “I believe the best thing for the country is to trust the American people to weigh in on who should make a lifetime appointment that could reshape the Supreme Court for generations. This wouldn’t be unusual. It is common practice for the Senate to stop acting on lifetime appointments during the last year of a presidential term, and it’s been nearly 80 years since any president was permitted to immediately fill a vacancy that arose in a presidential election year.”

2016 Senator Ron Johnson (R-Wiscconsin): “I strongly agree that the American people should decide the future direction of the Supreme Court by their votes for president and the majority party in the U.S. Senate.”

2016. Senator Mitch McConnell (R-Kentucky): “The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.”

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    Should be fun...

2016. Senator Ted Cruz (R-Texas): “It has been 80 years since a Supreme Court vacancy was nominated and confirmed in an election year. There is a long tradition that you don’t do this in an election year.”

2018. Senator Lindsey Graham (R-South Carolina) “If an opening comes in the last year of President Trump’s term, and the primary process has started, we’ll wait to the next election.”

2016. Senator Marco Rubio (R-Florida): “I don’t think we should be moving on a nominee in the last year of this president’s term - I would say that if it was a Republican president.”

2016. Senator David Perdue (R-Georgia): “The very balance of our nation’s highest court is in serious jeopardy. As a member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, I will do everything in my power to encourage the president and Senate leadership not to start this process until we hear from the American people.”

2016. Senator Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa): “A lifetime appointment that could dramatically impact individual freedoms and change the direction of the court for at least a generation is too important to get bogged down in politics. The American people shouldn’t be denied a voice.”

2016. Senator Thom Tillis (R-North Carolina): “The campaign is already under way. It is essential to the institution of the Senate and to the very health of our republic to not launch our nation into a partisan, divisive confirmation battle during the very same time the American people are casting their ballots to elect our next president.”

2016. Senator Richard Burr (R-Nor th Carolina) “In this election year, the American people will have an opportunity to have their say in the future direction of our country. For this reason, I believe the vacancy left open by Justice Antonin Scalia should not be filled until there is a new president.”

2016. Senator Roy Blunt (R-Missouri): “The Senate should not confirm a new Supreme Court justice until we have a new president.”

2016. Senator Cory Gardner (R-Colorado): “I think we’re too close to the election. The president who is elected in November should be the one who makes this decision.”

2016. Senator Rob Portman (R-Ohio): “I believe the best thing for the country is to trust the American people to weigh in on who should make a lifetime appointment that could reshape the Supreme Court for generations. This wouldn’t be unusual. It is common practice for the Senate to stop acting on lifetime appointments during the last year of a presidential term, and it’s been nearly 80 years since any president was permitted to immediately fill a vacancy that arose in a presidential election year.”

2016 Senator Ron Johnson (R-Wiscconsin): “I strongly agree that the American people should decide the future direction of the Supreme Court by their votes for president and the majority party in the U.S. Senate.”

2016. Senator Mitch McConnell (R-Kentucky): “The American people should have a voice in the selection of their next Supreme Court Justice. Therefore, this vacancy should not be filled until we have a new president.”
    I hope you copy and pasted this. Otherwise you took a lot of time to say both sides are hypocrites and would play this the exact same way.

I hope you copy and pasted this. Otherwise you took a lot of time to say both sides are hypocrites and would play this the exact same way.
    When it comes to calling out hypocrisy, I don’t give a ratsass about what might happen. That’s a loser’s excuse.

I work with what has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    When it comes to calling out hypocrisy, I don’t give a ratsass about what might happen. That’s a loser’s excuse.

I work with what has happened.
    Obama said the senate had a constitutional responsibility to fill the seat when Scalia passed. It's hypocrisy on both sides.

Obama said the senate had a constitutional responsibility to fill the seat when Scalia passed. It's hypocrisy on both sides.
    And he didn't because...

The Lost Boys of PSD

This doesn't even make sense. What the hell are you trying to say here? lol
    White guilt is the driving force behind your comment to me...

?comprende?

Last edited by nastynice; 09-20-2020 at 04:34 PM.
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Should I?
    If you live in America and have ever picked up a history book, yes.

Well if you do that his post would be inaccurate. It's not minority demographic trending down, its white. Minorities are increasing.

Now lets trade white out white for muslim and see what we get?

Muslim is not a race. Get it through your skull. You can't be racist against a religion/ideology.

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    And he didn't because...
    Because the GOP blocked it. Same thing Democrats would do if Trump tried to push through a replacement now. It's the same on both sides whether you want to see it or not.

White guilt is the driving force behind your comment to me...

?comprende?

I have no white guilt. lol

Page 20 of 58 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast