Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: RBG Has Died

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Itís not racist to say that but itís racist to point out that blacks commit more crime than any other race?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Love the deflection to something that's not at all relevant to what was being discussed, but I'll bite.

It's actually not true that black people commit the most crime, most crime is in fact committed by white people. Before that fact offends you, let me note that's true because white people make up a far greater portion of the population than black people. Here is a link that shows all arrests made in 2018 based on race (most recent info I could find).

https://www.ojjdp.gov/ojstatbb/crime/ucr.asp?table_in=2

That shows that, out of the more than 10.3 million arrests made in 2018 (of all ages), white people were arrested for 7.1 million crimes (69.01% to be more precise) compared to black people who were arrested for 2.8 million crimes (27.41%). It is true that, in 2018, white people made up over 76% of the population compared to 13.4% for blacks, so they commit crime at a higher rate than whites, but your statement that "blacks commit more crime than any other race" is factually untrue. My statement that the white population is declining is actually correct. That's the difference between the two. Nothing racist about it.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 09-20-2020 at 07:45 AM.

Cool. Now use the same words back then from the dems on how there should be a vote etc

Both sides are hypocrites. Nothing new.

Except that the GOP had the power to block then and the power to vote now. You know this looks far more ridiculous for republicans. Youíre just playing a team sport.

Trump has turbo charged partisanship. He can get you guys to say and believe anything. Liberals spent years calling Iraq a mistake and called unpatriotic by republicans. One Trump campaign speech and youíre all turning on a dime. Over and over again he gets you repeating whatever he wants. Itís so far and away worse than Dems. Hell Dems canít even figure out a message much less get people repeating it.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    No, the racism comes in when that stat is used to justify being racist towards them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Youíre trying to explain complexities of race relations to the side that prefers positions that can fit on a bumpersticker.

Cool. Now use the same words back then from the dems on how there should be a vote etc

How are the Dems hypocrites here??? Of course they wanted the seat filled in 2016, they had every right to fill it. McConnell then invented some "rule" and now Dems want him to abide by the rule he created.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.Ē

-JFK

The worst part is that as a liberal I expected Obama to select someone that leans left. Garland was the most moderate nominee, liked by both parties, that you could ask for. Mitch used it as an opportunity to get a conservative justice. Not even try for a moderate.

The fact that Roberts is a swing vote is so assbackwards to the opinion of the majority of citizens and shows how broken our system is.

Quote Originally Posted by ManRam View Post
    I wish hypocrisy mattered.

Could you imagine this site if Trump supporters couldn't for some reason be hypocrites? There'd be no discussion. Because 90% of their defense of this administration is laced in bad faith hypocrisy. "Imagine if Obama did...." is a meaningless criticism because hypocrisy doesn't matter...but imagine if it did.

Imagine if FNK actually believed in his heart of hearts everything he says when he defends Trump? And wasn't just forming his opinion on the spot every time based on how or helps or doesn't help Trump?

Joe Biden is going to be a bad President, but the list of things the far-right wouldn't be able to be critical of him for (if hypocrisy mattered) would be exhausting.

There's going to be a post for everything...just like there's "a tweet for everything" Trump does. They've debased themselves so much defending every indefensible thing that happens that's there's very little left.

All that fear about Obama being a a corrupt anti-democratic/american authoritarian? You can do this for days. So much of what Obama was criticized for from the right was always obviously bad faith...but Trump just ****ing blew the roof off of it. They don't even try to be subtle about the hypocrisy any more.

Again, I'm not fan of Obama or Biden, but it's going to be so easy to just laugh in their faces when they try to pretend like Biden is overstepping his bounds or....honestly...just about anything.

But hypocrisy does not matter. It's basically the core tenant of Trumpism honestly. So they'll fire up all the same attacks they did for Obama and forget everything they said defending the biggest blowhard in all of politics (the biggest cesspool of blowhards there are).
    Was reading through other threads and saw this post. It probably fits in many different threads as well (trump thread, Biden thread etc) including here. Anyways we are once again seeing this type of hypocrisy play out with scotus. Iíve noted issues in the past with scotus as well and at this point I think most can see what is going on (itís a game to stack the courts with as many people fighting for the team). Itís not just a one way street as I know the ďboth sidesĒ types need that pointed out but anyone not obsessed with dems or libs bad can make distinctions around whatís happening with ďtrumpismĒ or current version of Republican Party compared to ďthe other sideĒ/dems. The sad thing is it just allows them to keep devolving further themselves (see: Biden). Often thatís the point of both sidesing issues, keep the status quo alive by constantly playing the middle ground.

Anyways this is sad not just for the political games now that will happen as a result but because she was by most accounts an amazing person. Itís unfortunate it immediately turns into the above but that was happening even before she passed away I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Youíre trying to explain complexities of race relations to the side that prefers positions that can fit on a bumpersticker.

#BLM
    #metoo

Donít you think both sides try to dumb down their positions on issues as much as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Iím shocked. Thatís quite literally the most humanizing thing I have ever heard Trump say.

I've been waiting for people/media to say Trump already knew and this was staged.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post

if we are going to use what Republicans said, then do the same for what Democrats said.

guaranteed the more mainstream media is going to cover and focus more on what Republicans said.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Enough playing nice by the democrats. Once they control the Senate and Presidency in a few months, it will be time to add more seats to the bench I think.

"Enough playing nice by the democrats." ?

because it was so nice how they treated Brett Kavanaugh.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    #BLM
    #metoo

Donít you think both sides try to dumb down their positions on issues as much as possible?
    Yes, it isnít just a political thing either. Itís kinda basic marketing/tag lining.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Yes, it isnít just a political thing either. Itís kinda basic marketing/tag lining.

Maybe thatís the problem. We treat our politicians like we treat our soft drinks or fast food places...

RBG Has Died

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Maybe thatís the problem. We treat our politicians like we treat our soft drinks or fast food places...
    stop drinking and eating there

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    stop drinking and eating there

But but....Black lives matter

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    The guaranteed free speech brother.

Ever heard of something called patriot act?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    The Patriot Act does not interfere with your right to freedom of speech.

Page 18 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast