Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: RBG Has Died

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    you mean using rules that are already in place? who controlled the Senate in 2016 compared to now in 2020?
    What rules are in place? Care citing these rules?

The Canadian cares about trump nominating someone

Chuck Schumer from 2016 wants the Senate to do their job.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

If Merrick Garland was a sitting Associate Justice of the Supreme Court right now, I would give two flying ****s what Obama or any other Democrat said about appointing Supreme Court Justices right now. The rules were changed (according to Republicans own lips, Lindsey Graham really did his best to make this obvious).
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Chuck Schumer from 2016 wants the Senate to do their job.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...n-b498014.html

So does Lindsey Graham from 2018

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    If Merrick Garland was a sitting Associate Justice of the Supreme Court right now, I would give two flying ****s what Obama or any other Democrat said about appointing Supreme Court Justices right now. The rules were changed (according to Republicans own lips, Lindsey Graham really did his best to make this obvious).
    The Republicans cheated Obama’s guy out of a hearing. Does that mean that Trump shouldn’t be allowed to nominate someone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    And Harry Reid changed the rules to get things easier passed when they had majority. Stop crying and remember that elections have consequences

One side is clearly going to ram someone through while the other side tries to stop them and also spin it to help win the election.

There, I've now broken down the next month of news. We can all take a break from the news now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    And Harry Reid changed the rules to get things easier passed when they had majority. Stop crying and remember that elections have consequences

Why are you still on about this. MCCONNELL killed the SCOTUS filibuster to get through Gorsuch.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Crovash View Post
    In my defense, I think may be the only poster in these nine plus pages who wrote that he was saddened, and I never once went further to say anything about politics.

I think you really mean those who simply went straight to the politics (and to be fair, from both sides it seems, though the left of center seems more exercised than the right).
    in my defense, I said 'so many of you'....I didn't say all and wasn't referring to you
    and in this forum, especially so thus far in this thread, it's mostly non-Trumpers posting anything at all

honestly, I don't know what to think....but I do know I've never liked how politicized EVERYthing has become....and that certainly includes SCOTUS and nominating people for it.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    in my defense, I said 'so many of you'....I didn't say all and wasn't referring to you
    and in this forum, especially so thus far in this thread, it's mostly non-Trumpers posting anything at all

honestly, I don't know what to think....but I do know I've never liked how politicized EVERYthing has become....and that certainly includes SCOTUS and nominating people for it.
    Fair enough.

But to beat a dead horse, no one else said they were saddened, so there were not “so many” of us. Just one.

And I did say it was mostly the left that was up in arms.

Oh well, time to move on.
    Last edited by Crovash; 09-19-2020 at 12:48 PM.

“I would like to be remembered as someone who used whatever talent she had to do her work to the very best of her ability.” RBG

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post

I love the SCOTUS, and the politicization of it is unfortunately nothing new. Though it's more of an outside issue than within the court.

RBG was an excellent jurist, though I generally prefer Constitutionalists. I have enjoyed reading her decisions. I think it's kind of a shame that she probably felt she had to extend her career beyond where she normally would have because of politics.

President Trump finding out about Ruth Bader Ginsburg's death.

I’m shocked. That’s quite literally the most humanizing thing I have ever heard Trump say.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

RIP Ruth Bader Ginsburg. a legend that deserves to be remembered.

with that said, it is comical to see people's reaction, freaking out that Trump could replace RBG now.
    Graceful transition!

Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast