Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 58 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: RBG Has Died

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Because the GOP blocked it. Same thing Democrats would do if Trump tried to push through a replacement now. It's the same on both sides whether you want to see it or not.
    Care to show where democrats did that in the past? Or are you just making things up to defend the extreme hypocrisy we have seen from many Republicans around this issue recently given their previous stances (Crovash shared plenty but you tried both sidesing that too).

I honestly can't even follow your line of thought here. Maybe someone else can explain it to me better?
    I'll let my other personality explain it to you.

You said Americans are guaranteed free speech. I opposed that sentiment, citing the amount of speech censorship muslims in general have faced since 911 in regards to labeling things as terrorism and then acting upon that label. This labeling has very real and significant consequences, and so many muslims self censor so as to not open the door for potential issues. Being that 911 was perpetrated by muslims, this is a natural fall out from the event.

This is just straight forward reality. No politics, no emotion, it's just what happened. Numerous major charities in the middle east were labeled as terrorist organizations. That's just what happened, and so because that happened a consequence was that muslims had to be very careful about what they say and what language they use. Many muslims were being targeted and deported and any little Facebook comment was enough to get sent away.

What is the driving factor behind you opposing what I'm telling you here? The usual suspect here is white guilt, but you're telling me its something else, so I'm curious then, what is it?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Care to show where democrats did that in the past? Or are you just making things up to defend the extreme hypocrisy we have seen from many Republicans around this issue recently given their previous stances (Crovash shared plenty but you tried both sidesing that too).
    Kavanaugh rape hoax? lol I'm sure you thought that was all legitimate, didn't you?
    Chicago CubsChicago BlackhawksBuffalo BillsSouthern Illinois University Salukis

Naomi OsakaAngelique KerberBianca Andreescu

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    Who did it first though? Republicans set the precedent, then made a rule justifying it, and now aren't living up to the rule. You can't have one rule apply to one side and then not to the other, that's black and white undemocratic. And if the argument is well the Republicans had the Senate so it was within their power to block it, then we all can agree that Republicans are responsible for Congress being useless in getting things done.

And for the record, I don't give a **** about what happens and blame Democrats just as much for not showing up to vote in 2016 and setting this up to happen.

And Democrats wouldn't have done it to Trump if Republicans hadn't had done it first to Obama let's be real. It would've been completely unjustified. You're torching your system irreparably because all that's going to happen is a Democrat president, Senate and House will expand the bench to 15, pack it, and then a Republican president, Senate, House will expand it further, pack it, and so on and by then the SC has no power or prestige left. Does nobody see this??

Why not just wait anyways? We keep being told the polls are wrong and Trump is going to win the election.
    If the roles were reversed there’s no way that the Dems wait until after the election. How would this look to the voters who want to see another SC judge nominated? It would be political poison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember the time when Harry Reid changed the rules to get things passed easier because they didn’t have the votes? You really don’t think the Dems would have done the same thing if they had a chance? Give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    I'll let my other personality explain it to you.

You said Americans are guaranteed free speech. I opposed that sentiment, citing the amount of speech censorship muslims in general have faced since 911 in regards to labeling things as terrorism and then acting upon that label. This labeling has very real and significant consequences, and so many muslims self censor so as to not open the door for potential issues. Being that 911 was perpetrated by muslims, this is a natural fall out from the event.

This is just straight forward reality. No politics, no emotion, it's just what happened. Numerous major charities in the middle east were labeled as terrorist organizations. That's just what happened, and so because that happened a consequence was that muslims had to be very careful about what they say and what language they use. Many muslims were being targeted and deported and any little Facebook comment was enough to get sent away.

What is the driving factor behind you opposing what I'm telling you here? The usual suspect here is white guilt, but you're telling me its something else, so I'm curious then, what is it?

I still don't understand the connection you're trying to make to white guilt here.

I still don't understand the connection you're trying to make to white guilt here.
    lol, ?no habla ingles?

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Remember the time when Harry Reid changed the rules to get things passed easier because they didn’t have the votes? You really don’t think the Dems would have done the same thing if they had a chance? Give me a break.

Care to explain why this happened? Was the approach taken towards SCOTUS taken on issue after issue at the time by chance?

I think we both know this once again comes back to Republicans packing the courts/blocking when not their choice. Can you explain what is so much better about the recent Trump appointees than the ones being blocked at the time?

Context matters and I am no fan of Dems but you just want to fight for dear team and ignore the entirety of the situation here it seems.

Kavanaugh rape hoax? lol I'm sure you thought that was all legitimate, didn't you?
    I was in the thread telling "both sides" we have no idea what actually happened and to stop the BS.

Keep playing your game though, you will fit right in around here.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Elections have consequences.
    This seems to be your new catchphrase. Who'd you cop it from?

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

I was in the thread telling "both sides" we have no idea what actually happened and to stop the BS.

Keep playing your game though, you will fit right in around here.
    Classic both siderism.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol, ?no habla ingles?

You're trying to hammer home a point that makes absolutely no ****ing sense. lol

That's kind of his thing.

PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    This seems to be your new catchphrase. Who'd you cop it from?
    Obama

You're trying to hammer home a point that makes absolutely no ****ing sense. lol
    Let me take it down a level, maybe it'll make sense to you guys then.

There is a basic trend in America that anytime a minority mentions any difference in treatment, a certain subsection of white people respond by pretending what they are saying is simply not true.

The reason this knee jerk reaction ingrained within this demographic is because they feel a particular guilt associated with having a system which favors them, and so their response is to dream up a reality on their head where these sort of things dont happen. That way they dont feel internally guilty about any perceived advantages they may naturally command, being white in America.

I mentioned the lack of free speech, you hit me with the alternate reality defense. This is what the shoe fit, so this is what I called it.

Page 22 of 58 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast