Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: RBG Has Died

Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Maybe that’s the problem. We treat our politicians like we treat our soft drinks or fast food places...
    I see it more like a favorite sports team for many but sure you can go with restaurant or soft drink (although not sure the emotional attachment is the same for many, the tag line aspects apply). We have a reality star as POTUS lol. It seems pretty clear that the marketing works great on tribalists and we have a ton of them in this country. The issue isn't that people market themselves or their party it is the extreme levels to which people are diving in.

You mentioned BLM and MeToo. There is both some legitimate issues they are calling out and some over the top aspects. People fight over it being perfect or evil depending on the team though. The issue isn't everything about either movement (being perfect or horrible) it is the extremes to which people have fought for/against without context. Abortion. Guns. They will kill babies and take your guns, same type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    I see it more like a favorite sports team for many but sure you can go with restaurant or soft drink (although not sure the emotional attachment is the same for many, the tag line aspects apply). We have a reality star as POTUS lol. It seems pretty clear that the marketing works great on tribalists and we have a ton of them in this country. The issue isn't that people market themselves or their party it is the extreme levels to which people are diving in.

You mentioned BLM and MeToo. There is both some legitimate issues they are calling out and some over the top aspects. People fight over it being perfect or evil depending on the team though. The issue isn't everything about either movement (being perfect or horrible) it is the extremes to which people have fought for/against without context. Abortion. Guns. They will kill babies and take your guns, same type of thing.
    I agree. Both sides have dumbed down the issues as much as possible to fit some marketing tag line. My point wasn’t even to diminish the possible legitimate issues these tag lines represent but to show that both sides utilize it. Neither side is willing to have honest conversations regarding these issues because so long as the citizens define ourselves by them, politicians will gain our vote without having to accomplish much, if anything. It makes life easier for them.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    I've been waiting for people/media to say Trump already knew and this was staged.
    Of course you are. You and your ilk love flexing that victim complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    The Patriot Act does not interfere with your right to freedom of speech.
    lol, naive little one. You've got a lot to learn...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

But but....Black lives matter
    Um, coming from a self described racist, that means what? lol

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    lol, naive little one. You've got a lot to learn...

You're welcome to provide examples.

You're welcome to provide examples.
    lol, bro every single mosque across america had to re adjust all speaker and charity connections out of fear of being labeled terrorist by the govt.

Trust me, there was no sort of protection of any type of speech.

lol, bro every single mosque across america had to re adjust all speaker and charity connections out of fear of being labeled terrorist by the govt.

Trust me, there was no sort of protection of any type of speech.

So those mosques remained open and people were free to practice their religion and there's actually nothing of substance here?

So those mosques remained open and people were free to practice their religion and there's actually nothing of substance here?
    No we actually went through major logistical overhauls and screening for any people we had connections with, and many people deported under this guise.

I know in white land its like a far far away story, but **** is real out here bruh...

No we actually went through major logistical overhauls and screening for any people we had connections with, and many people deported under this guise.

I know in white land its like a far far away story, but **** is real out here bruh...

Bruh, you were screened. You had no rights taken away from you. Man up a little bit.

Bruh, you were screened. You had no rights taken away from you. Man up a little bit.
    We can't all be as tough and manly as you.

I agree. Both sides have dumbed down the issues as much as possible to fit some marketing tag line. My point wasn’t even to diminish the possible legitimate issues these tag lines represent but to show that both sides utilize it. Neither side is willing to have honest conversations regarding these issues because so long as the citizens define ourselves by them, politicians will gain our vote without having to accomplish much, if anything. It makes life easier for them.
    That's why the tag lines shouldn't matter and it doesn't mean some politicians want to have those conversations or don't. Almost every politician does this in some ways, go to Joergenson's website as Libertarian and you see #Letherspeak. Using a tag line doesn't mean you don't want honest conversation, it is necessary in America to even enter the conversation it seems.

What the two sides do is pit their issues/taglines against the other and use it to not have to accomplish much. Biden ran on the idea of beating Trump more than anything else. Sanders/Warren/Yang no matter what you thought of them individually based their runs on policy changes which is different. That still doesn't win even with the tag lines though. Dumbing down the issues into "I can beat the other team and stop this" is what wins now and that is the real issue. Trump has continuously attacked groups throughout his whole presidency in this manner of just attacking them darned libs and that is all over this site.

The part that has become easy is getting people to jump on board if they see their team as potentially "winning" or even the other team simply "losing" is often great. Making a simple tagline into something far more dangerous to push whatever agenda you want. It's like the associating all the peaceful protestors with the rioters/looters/violence. It's possible to be alright with some and not the others but that isn't how it is ever portrayed. People use the extremes or the tag lines to associate everything within.

No, I legitimately have and continue to definitely watch certain things I say, especially anything on record.

Again, different worlds. You can televise your praises for Robert Lee.

We cant lol

Last edited by nastynice; 09-20-2020 at 02:56 PM.

"The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

-JFK

No, I legitimately have and continue to definitely watch certain things I say, especially anything on record.

Again, different worlds. You can televise your praises for Robert Lee.

We cant lol

You live make believe victimhood. I have no idea who Robert Lee is, but you can praise him all you want here. I promise you nobody will care.

Page 19 of 58 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast