Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 675 of 867

Thread: RBG Has Died

  1. #661
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    35,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Very good. And it seems prophetic, doesn't it.

    I actually did not know this until about a week ago. The Beatles channel on Sirius XM had a history of the Beatles on all day and I happened to hear this segment when I was driving around.

    I was always a big Beatles fan. Still listen to them a few times a week. I was in the parking lot of Shea Stadium for the Beatles 2nd concert in the US. Couldn't hear anything, couldn't see anything. Have know idea as to why a bunch of us went there. Seemed like a good idea tat the time.
    It is fitting, if sad. Many of the greatest bands end prematurely unfortunately.

    Paul McCartney at the Mariner's stadium was still the most expensive concert tickets I've purchased. And we were in the upper deck on the far right side with a beam partially obstructing my view. Still loved every minute of it.

  2. #662
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,339
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It is fitting, if sad. Many of the greatest bands end prematurely unfortunately.

    Paul McCartney at the Mariner's stadium was still the most expensive concert tickets I've purchased. And we were in the upper deck on the far right side with a beam partially obstructing my view. Still loved every minute of it.
    I've been fortunate enough to see Paul four times. My hope is that he'll get out there for one more big North American tour when these restrictions end. No other concert gets me as excited as Paul.
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Buffalo Bills Southern Illinois University Salukis

    Naomi Osaka Angelique Kerber Bianca Andreescu

  3. #663
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    35,686
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    That's exactly what happened in 2016. Of course this is not the same case this year but in your world the rules are made up on the fly so...

    LOL...What you need to do to keep up to make sure your world doesn't pass like the vapor in the wind. Never change.
    The Biden rule isn't even an actual rule

    Talk about rules being made up on the fly lol.


    We both know why Republicans are doing this after blocking Obama's nominee and it has nothing to do with the Biden rule: it's because they can.

    And if the Democrats take the Senate and the Presidency and increase the number of Supreme Court Justices, you know why they'll do it? Because they can.

    And if that happens, despite all your crying and moaning, you'll get no sympathy from me. If you want to do things because you can, then so too shall we.

    That seems fair doesn't it? Or are these concepts too much for your world to grasp?

  4. #664
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    35,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    I've been fortunate enough to see Paul four times. My hope is that he'll get out there for one more big North American tour when these restrictions end. No other concert gets me as excited as Paul.
    The James Corden Carpool Karaoke with McCartney was awesome.

  5. #665
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    52,302
    Can't stand Corden.

    PSD: where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

  6. #666
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    14,006
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The Biden rule isn't even an actual rule

    Talk about rules being made up on the fly lol.


    We both know why Republicans are doing this after blocking Obama's nominee and it has nothing to do with the Biden rule: it's because they can.

    And if the Democrats take the Senate and the Presidency and increase the number of Supreme Court Justices, you know why they'll do it? Because they can.

    And if that happens, despite all your crying and moaning, you'll get no sympathy from me. If you want to do things because you can, then so too shall we.

    That seems fair doesn't it? Or are these concepts too much for your world to grasp?
    It's not that it's not fair, in the relative sense............but it's not good for the country
    Neither was what the Reps did in 2016....it just shouldn't be the way business is done.

    What SHOULD happen is that all this 'Uncivil War' partisanship crap gets greatly...massively...reduced.

    The likely best answer in the immediate? If the Dems couldn't nominate pre-election in 2016, the Reps shouldn't now......but it should be considered a 'make up call' ...and neither side blocks a nomination for this reason ever again.

    ....but no, 'because we can' needs to stop being a reason either side does anything....including EITHER side pushing to increase the size of the Supreme Court
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

  7. #667
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    34,284
    Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    Except nominating and approving a candidate for SCOTUS is not radical. Especially when the Senate and President are of the same party.
    Rejecting a candidate in 2016 because of elections, and then rushing one right now, is pretty radical for govt business.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  8. #668
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    34,284
    Quote Originally Posted by rrzubnyy View Post
    Yes or no

    Can a President nominate a Supreme Court Justice candidate during an election year?

    And I do not care what has happened in prior election years.
    According to what happened in 2016, no.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  9. #669
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    35,686
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    It's not that it's not fair, in the relative sense............but it's not good for the country

    Neither was what the Reps did in 2016....it just shouldn't be the way business is done.

    What SHOULD happen is that all this 'Uncivil War' partisanship crap gets greatly...massively...reduced.

    The likely best answer in the immediate? If the Dems couldn't nominate pre-election in 2016, the Reps shouldn't now......but it should be considered a 'make up call' ...and neither side blocks a nomination for this reason ever again.

    ....but no, 'because we can' needs to stop being a reason either side does anything....including EITHER side pushing to increase the size of the Supreme Court
    I agree. But it's very convenient for Republicans to pull their chicanery in 2016, then ram through a SC Justice now and then say "all this because we can needs to stop" as soon as Democrats have the ability to do it and they can't stop it.

    If you want to stop the mentality, you must stop doing it when you have the ability to do so. Otherwise, you don't get to complain when the other side does it.

    I agree, Republicans should not nominate someone, and Democrats should not expand the Supreme Court. But Republicans are going to nominate someone, therefore Democrats are going (if they can) to expand the Supreme Court. And I have zero sympathy for Republicans who support the former and complain about the latter.

  10. #670
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    34,284
    I gotta say, generally speaking, the Republicans in this thread sound pretty ****in stupid. Pack mentality to the fullest. Not caring what consequences today's actions can have on tomorrow.

    About 10 years ago I thought the Republican party would soon die out on it's own. It's just such an overall backwards party, I didnt think these pro racist ideas and other things would keep persisting this much. I was really wrong. The overall stupidity on the right has just been mind blowing these past 4 years. Normal regular people are regularly turning into complete ****in idiots in order to defend their political party.

    Just look at this site.

    I wonder what's gonna happen with this political party. If it stays down the same path, america gonna be hurting soon.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  11. #671
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    34,284
    I would say objectively, Republicans are very anti American.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  12. #672
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    19,339
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    The James Corden Carpool Karaoke with McCartney was awesome.
    Can you imagine seeing Paul play a set in a little bar? That was so cool.

  13. #673
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    35,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Can you imagine seeing Paul play a set in a little bar? That was so cool.
    Yeah that was the crazy part. As a country fan, you occasionally hear of big time artists playing a show at a little dive bar in Nashville. And I know in the 80's you'd sometimes see 80's Rock bands play clubs in LA. But I have to imagine a massive artist like McCartney playing a bar like that is exceedingly rare. If those had been tickets, they'd have probably gone for $20,000 apiece.

  14. #674
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    6,497
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    It is fitting, if sad. Many of the greatest bands end prematurely unfortunately.

    Paul McCartney at the Mariner's stadium was still the most expensive concert tickets I've purchased. And we were in the upper deck on the far right side with a beam partially obstructing my view. Still loved every minute of it.
    I'm not a concert person on the whole. I've only been to 3-4. I did see Chicago, The Who, Billy Joel (2 yrs ago) and Lionel Ritchie. That's about it.

  15. #675
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    35,686
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    I'm not a concert person on the whole. I've only been to 3-4. I did see Chicago, The Who, Billy Joel (2 yrs ago) and Lionel Ritchie. That's about it.
    I have been to hundreds and hundreds, but I have actually never seen any of those you listed live.

Page 45 of 58 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •