Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 867

Thread: RBG Has Died

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    14,899
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    To be fair, both parties have suggested expanded the bench....just depends on who has the majority at any given time.

    Watch Trump expand it to 30 before January.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not Nostradamus or anything but I'm gonna go ahead and say that doesn't happen. Wanna sig bet? Loser leaves PSD forever?
    Bachelors III . . . In the Inn. . . Lanas Garage 4/18/75 . . . lpswitch with Snake, Hards and Mendy . . .B.D.W.B. . . Ambition: I want Dooleys Job . . . Saturday Night Live . . . Bathroom Brawls . . . Living at Snakes . . . WHERE IS MUSKY. - John Tortorella

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,472
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    To be fair, both parties have suggested expanded the bench....just depends on who has the majority at any given time.

    Watch Trump expand it to 30 before January.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    he can't do it. I think you have to get rid of the filibuster within the 1st week of the new congress. That is the Dems best chance if moscow mitch gets a nominee confirmed. Dems win Senate and Biden wins. They can remove the filibuster and pass legislation to stack the SC with more justices. R's wanna play dirty about time D's get dirty too.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    17,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Romney and Murkowsky?

    Who else?

    Still can get a majority out of it.
    According to aides close to Romney, he will not vote on a SC appointment before inauguration.

    Murkowsky said today in an interview she will not vote on a SC appointment before inauguration.

    Susan Collins reportedly told a reporter a few months back she would not vote for an SC appointment before the election and probably wouldn’t during a lame duck time either.

    So, if that holds, just need one more republican. Grassley and Gardner are the other two republicans that have been mentioned.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    17,580
    Quote Originally Posted by fingerbang View Post
    The irony.
    You wouldn’t know irony if it grabbed you by the *****.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,472
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    According to aides close to Romney, he will not vote on a SC appointment before inauguration.

    Murkowsky said today in an interview she will not vote on a SC appointment before inauguration.

    Susan Collins reportedly told a reporter a few months back she would not vote for an SC appointment before the election and probably wouldn’t during a lame duck time either.

    So, if that holds, just need one more republican. Grassley and Gardner are the other two republicans that have been mentioned.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    well that still leaves 1 more Republican and Manchin, Tester always seems to support SC nominees. They need to stick with the rest of the Dem's and not vote until after inauguration.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4,835
    Quote Originally Posted by lamar2006 View Post
    well that still leaves 1 more Republican and Manchin, Tester always seems to support SC nominees. They need to stick with the rest of the Dem's and not vote until after inauguration.
    Manchin won't confirm. He is not facing re-election anymore and he voted to impeach, not likely to run again
    . Tester voted against Kavanaugh.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

    -JFK


  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4,835
    I have zero faith in any GOPer to vote no though.
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

    -JFK


  8. #68
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    94,168
    Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    I don't believe the Rs could get it done before the election, nor should they....
    Oh there is absolutely no way that Trump won't get someone appointed. I would be very surprised if Trump doesn't wait until the day of her funeral to make the announcement.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

    Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!


  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Corona, Ca
    Posts
    17,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    I have zero faith in any GOPer to vote no though.
    Yeah, I’ll believe it when I see it. But I’m hoping they have the balls.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4,835
    Just in case you thought the GOP weren't sociopaths:

    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

    -JFK


  11. #71
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    5,472
    Quote Originally Posted by KobeOwnSU View Post
    Yeah, I’ll believe it when I see it. But I’m hoping they have the balls.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can see Romney and Lisa. I have no faith in anyone else. Maybe Alexander since he is retiring but I doubt it. Only positive **** of this nightmare is that Collins, McSally, Gardner, Thillis are done if they vote or come out and support a vote before inauguration.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    15,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    They will have somebody pushed through by the end of October.

    McConnel does not give a ****, he is salivating right now at the fact that he gets to push another judge through.

    It’s up a handful of republicans that can say no and hold off, but aside from Romney it ain’t going to happen.
    I would be down with occupying the capital if they try that.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    12,699
    All you can do is laugh. Hopefully President Gary Johnson, Jill Stein or whoever crybaby progressives wrote in as a protest vote in 2016 will hold precedent and wait until after the election. Oh wait Trump and the Republicans won and now they are on the verge of appointing not their first... or second...but third Supreme Court judge.

    Liberals = Not winners. Tough way to learn. Let's see them sit out 2020 now or 'Move to Canada'.


    The Lost Boys of PSD

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    4,835
    Not to be that guy, but.... this is why you vote Dem even when they suck (as Biden does).
    "The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality.”

    -JFK


  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    15,124
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post

    He already started the spin story.

    **** this guy.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know I'm not supposed to say such things but... I hope the guy dies. He's despicable.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •